HP's Reverb VR Pro Headset

nervousenergy

oh, so only devs get to complain. why have beta testers? last I checked, 2.5.6 is an open beta.

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM |Virpil TCS+ AH64D grip + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

My wallpaper and skins

[mention]Motomouse [/mention] don’t you think your approach is a touch too judgemental?

You talk about “poor” simmers like if they got it the wrong way and you carry the only truth.

I think you have more fun sim flying without spending too much time in optimising your settings. Someone else finds it of fundamental importance to get the best image/fluidity before truly enjoying the simulation and are ready to spend hours and hours in the process.

Whatever floats your boat man, peace and love!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Core i5-9600KF - 32GB DDR4 3000 - RTX 2070 Super - Samsung 970 EVO PLUS 250GB & 500GB- HOTAS Warthog - AOC CU34G2X - HP Reverb Pro

[mention]Motomouse [/mention] don’t you think your approach is a touch too judgemental?

You talk about “poor” simmers like if they got it the wrong way and you carry the only truth.

I think you have more fun sim flying without spending too much time in optimising your settings. Someone else finds it of fundamental importance to get the best image/fluidity before truly enjoying the simulation and are ready to spend hours and hours in the process.

Whatever floats your boat man, peace and love!

I'm one of the latter , and boy has it paid off !

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

Steam SS and in game settings HP Reverb

Anyone know if the shaders mod will help with ghosting with Reverb?

I noticed ghosting in the display when I messed with the Render resolution settings in Steam VR. Too high of a render seems to cause this ghosting for me so I keep all PD and SS at 1.0 or 100% and the display looks amazing. My next effort is to fly with shadows off and visibility range up to high or ultra mostly to see the populated trees when down low. I have settings:

Textures: high

Ground textures: low

Water: high

Shadows: high

MSAA: x2

Slider settings: all half or lower

All other settings are low or off ( choose lowest )

I have no complaints and the multiplayer performance is a locked 45 fps with motion reprojection working. FPS might dip to 30 on the carrier or heavily populated airports

9700, 2080 S, 16 GB RAM, SSD.

Anyone know if the shaders mod will help with ghosting with Reverb?

I noticed ghosting in the display when I messed with the Render resolution settings in Steam VR. Too high of a render seems to cause this ghosting for me so I keep all PD and SS at 1.0 or 100% and the display looks amazing. My next effort is to fly with shadows off and visibility range up to high or ultra mostly to see the populated trees when down low. I have settings:

Textures: high

Ground textures: low

Water: high

Shadows: high

MSAA: x2

Slider settings: all half or lower

All other settings are low or off ( choose lowest )

I have no complaints and the multiplayer performance is a locked 45 fps with motion reprojection working. FPS might dip to 30 on the carrier or heavily populated airports

9700, 2080 S, 16 GB RAM, SSD.

I have a similar setup with much lower settings currently and getting similar results in MP and I'm far from happy.

If we can only get a solid 45 once off the ground in unpopulated areas with no cloud then it's broken in my view.

Asus Z790 PLUS WIFI D4, 13700K RTX 4090 FE, M2. HP Reverb G2.

a touch too judgemental

You are a nice guy ;-)

I would not takeoff if my FPS drop below 60 FPS (3600X & 1080Ti & Reverb). So much about the settings ;-)

Edited by Motomouse

VIC-20@1.108 MHz, onboard GPU, 5KB RAM, μυωπία goggles, Competition Pro HOTAS

Yes mine is broken too.

I think it is possible related to the cable weight/force and the strap is a weak point of the design. Could also be related to me wearing googles. In the past I pulled the HMD from my face to lift it, now I lift the backstrap over my head.

I contacted HP about it but the HP support is an unpleasant experience and it works fine with my solution.

Edited by Motomouse

An old bicycle tube is a good and quick solution (racing bike tube has a good size for this):

(I use anyway my beyerdynamic cans and dont miss the earpieces. Much better sound immersion that way.)

IMG_20200429_182046.thumb.jpg.e65961926aeb768e10a1f3cb4e71f06d.jpg

Edited by Motomouse

An old bicycle tube is a good and quick solution (racing bike tube has a good size for this):

(I use anyway my beyerdynamic cans and dont miss the earpieces. Much better sound immersion that way.)

See? We have two things in common if not the FPS: racing bikes and hifi cans! :-)

I wanted to use my Focal cans but couldn’t find a way to remove the bloody headset’s headphones

How did you manage?

Core i5-9600KF - 32GB DDR4 3000 - RTX 2070 Super - Samsung 970 EVO PLUS 250GB & 500GB- HOTAS Warthog - AOC CU34G2X - HP Reverb Pro

Great idea motomouse! For the moment I have glued it together and put tape over it but I'm not sure it will hold. I will try your tube method when it breaks again. Whilst I was disconnecting the cable a tiny bit of plastic broke off from the connector, not a big deal but i'm starting to question the build quality of the headset.

I used a small coin to unscrew the earpieces. While not bad, they do not compare to real headphones.

Have you seen a Valve Index after many hundred hours of use (Not a nice picture too). Not too easy to design a quality set. But the plastic straps on the sides of the Reverb look really a bit cheap.

I think I saw some "discussion" here lately about the use of motion reprojection, SS and PD, but last couple of weeks I didn't really have time to actually read and understand all that was posted here. I'm a bit confused at the moment on what's the general opinion on the best combinations for the Reverb.

Right now I have:

• WMR (default.vrsettings) set to "motionReprojectionMode" : "motionvector"
  • SteamVR motion smoothing: Disabled
  • SteamVR legacy reprojection mode: Off
  • SteamVR custom resolution multiplier: 180%

DCS MSAA: Off

PD: 0.7

Is that about right?

Or should I turn off motion repr. in WMR and set SteamVR motion smoothing to another setting (Enabled? Force always-on?)

Should I turn DCS MSAA to 4 and SteamVR to 100% SS?

I get pretty decent framerates, but I just wonder if I can do better :)

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

Id at least leave DCS MSAA on at 2x.

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM |Virpil TCS+ AH64D grip + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

My wallpaper and skins

I think I saw some "discussion" here lately about the use of motion reprojection, SS and PD, but last couple of weeks I didn't really have time to actually read and understand all that was posted here. I'm a bit confused at the moment on what's the general opinion on the best combinations for the Reverb.

Right now I have:

Is that about right?

Or should I turn off motion repr. in WMR and set SteamVR motion smoothing to another setting (Enabled? Force always-on?)

I run a 2080ti and an i7 9700k @4.9 GHz.

motion reprojection is set to auto, but motionvector is fine too

Steam VR SS 130 and DCS MSAA 2x

This gives me the best setup. I can run SS150, but I prefer smooth over sharp.

I run a 2080ti and an i7 9700k @4.9 GHz.

motion reprojection is set to auto, but motionvector is fine too

Steam VR SS 130 and DCS MSAA 2x

This gives me the best setup. I can run SS150, but I prefer smooth over sharp.

I found this to be the best settings for me too (8700K@4.9Ghz, 2080ti). I prefer the fixed 45fps over adaptive, which seems to cause some stutters.

Right now I have:

•  

Is that about right?

I have a 1080ti as well. How do you find performance with steam ss at 180%?

I keep it at 100% and pd of 1.0 and found that it's acceptable. Can't remember if I have msa X2 or not.

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

I have a 1080ti as well. How do you find performance with steam ss at 180%?

I keep it at 100% and pd of 1.0 and found that it's acceptable. Can't remember if I have msa X2 or not.

180% as runs smooth with PD at 0.7

0.8 and higher drastically decreases framerate

I think 100% ss with pd 1.0 is gives kind of the same results as 200% as with pd 0.7 on my system. I couldn't see difference

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

180% as runs smooth with PD at 0.7

0.8 and higher drastically decreases framerate

I think 100% ss with pd 1.0 is gives kind of the same results as 200% as with pd 0.7 on my system. I couldn't see difference

Yes, 0.7 and 200% give the same as 1.0 and 100%. Do the maths. 0.7x0.7x2=0.98 which is - more or less - the same as 1.0x1.0x1=1.0

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

Hi Guys,

as Iain says this is pretty basic maths, but, here is a spreadsheet to help you understand, what is actually going on

https://forums.eagle.ru/attachment.php?attachmentid=235200&d=1588907676

it is not magically creating performance ... you are still driving the same number of pixels

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

YOUTUBE CHANNEL: @speed-of-heat

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

I found this to be the best settings for me too (8700K@4.9Ghz, 2080ti). I prefer the fixed 45fps over adaptive, which seems to cause some stutters.

Since last weeks update I get flickering during night mission with anti collision lights on. Do you encounter this as well?

Looks like preorders for the Reverb G2 have started. $600 is what they are saying.

https://www.roadtovr.com/hp-reverb-g2-announcement-pre-order-price-release-date/

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

Contingent upon favorable reviews (particularly by forum members) , this will be my next headset , (and first WMR) although it will have to wait for my next-gen gpu . It seems as though HP has made a massive effort to address the

Reverb's shortcomings .

Edited by Svsmokey

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2