the way to use old style a10c cockpit

hydrawind

hi,I made some change to the script ,so that everyone can use the old style a10c cockpit .

also fit for those mods like richard HD and so on made for old cockpit .

it is easy to install.

unzip the attachment ,and overwrite the files in

x:\DCS World\Mods\aircraft\A-10C\Cockpit (MAKE SURE TO BACKUP)

enjoy !:thumbup:

updating :

base on the OB:DCS 2.5.5.41962 (14.1.2020),made some change to fix hud font ,and other like mfd uncorrect.

may have a try .

(attachment is new updated)

Scripts.rar

Edited by hydrawind

Works perfectly. I have to say though that the old cockpit didn't look as good as I remembered, even after turning on Ricardos HD textures. Back to the new one and it just has a better look to it, hard to put my finger on why it looks better. The new weathered cockpit will be very exciting to take a look at when it arrives!

Works perfectly. I have to say though that the old cockpit didn't look as good as I remembered, even after turning on Ricardos HD textures. Back to the new one and it just has a better look to it, hard to put my finger on why it looks better. The new weathered cockpit will be very exciting to take a look at when it arrives!

The old one has lower resolution textures and 3d mesh, and isnt built for PBR

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

hi,I made some change to the script ,so that everyone can use the old style a10c cockpit .

also fit for those mods like richard HD and so on made for old cockpit .

it is easy to install.

unzip the attachment ,and overwrite the files in

x:\DCS World\Mods\aircraft\A-10C\Cockpit (MAKE SURE TO BACKUP)

enjoy !:thumbup:

works fine, thanks. That's the one I was looking for after the recent pit update.

With the Hog I'm doing night missions with ILS appr in IFR, "nice" textures aren't important here anyway.

Why would anyone want to use the old cockpit? :huh:

Performance issues with the new cockpit, for instance.

@hydrawind

A thousand thanks man!

Works and passes the integrity check in MP. I hope it'll keep working with future updates, since the new cockpit runs like crap on my rig.

Edited by Hardcard

Performance issues with the new cockpit, for instance.

@hydrawind

A thousand thanks man!

Works and passes the integrity check in MP. I hope it'll keep working with future updates, since the new cockpit runs like crap on my rig.

+1

I'm afraid it will stop working because future updates will probably overwrite "SCRIPTS"

@wernst

I think you misunderstood my earlier comment.

Yes, we'll obviously need to replace these files after each update, that's not what I meant.

I meant that perhaps it will come a time when these files are no longer compatible.

@hydrawind

I think I've found an issue (not sure if it's due to incorrect installation on my part).

I'm getting duplicated data on the MFDs (upper and lower sections only, middle section seems to be "aligned"):

GLr4RrW.jpg

oqoaeQ3.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
@wernst

I think you misunderstood my earlier comment.

Yes, we'll obviously need to replace these files after each update, that's not what I meant.

I meant that perhaps it will come a time when these files are no longer compatible.

@hydrawind

I think I've found an issue (not sure if it's due to incorrect installation on my part).

I'm getting duplicated data on the MFDs (upper and lower sections only, middle section seems to be "aligned"):

GLr4RrW.jpg

oqoaeQ3.jpg

hi,I update the script ,may you have a try .

thanks .

• 2 months later...

I have a few reasons. For context, I am only using a monitor and don't have any head tracking yet. And I'm currently on Steam 2.5.5 stable, soon to ditch that and move to standalone beta. I do like the visuals of the new compared to the old. Here's a quick list of the things i don't care for, though I know some of these are set to be corrected soon.

1. Cockpit lighting at night, difficult to find switches, knobs, and buttons.
  2. Left and Right fire pull handles are backwards.
  3. The ejection seat handles block from view the switches on the throttle panel, buttons on the CDU panel, and the left hand side of the Annunciator panel.
  4. HUD scaling, I cannot see the entirety of the HUD as it is now.

It doesn't break the module for me, mostly just minor annoyances.

PC: MSI X670E, Ryzen 9 7900X, 64GB DDR5 RAM, RTX 3090 Ti, TM Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro Flight pedals, Opentrack

Link to my Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/DieselThunderAviation

Commander, 62nd Virtual Fighter Squadron

Join the 62nd VFS today! Link to our discord server: https://discord.gg/Z25BSKk84s

Patch_v1.2 small.jpg

Build your own headtracking clip, it's cheap, fun, rewarding and works like a charm.

I can provide links and instructions if you're interested.

PM sent :thumbup:

PC: MSI X670E, Ryzen 9 7900X, 64GB DDR5 RAM, RTX 3090 Ti, TM Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro Flight pedals, Opentrack

Link to my Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/DieselThunderAviation

Commander, 62nd Virtual Fighter Squadron

Join the 62nd VFS today! Link to our discord server: https://discord.gg/Z25BSKk84s

Patch_v1.2 small.jpg

• 1 month later...

Because crouching in your seat to look at the top of the HUD and peering down/right past the ejection seat handle is a real PITA compared to the old cockpit.

My back does not thank ED for this update.

(My eyes love it)

This is a huge mod and I'm reluctant to install it. It overlaps with mods of my own. Could I just pick the part that relates to HUD scaling?

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

sorry,for reply so late, are you using the ob version? I am using the 2.5.5 stable ,and it seem work for me.

I will try it when I have download the ob version

Yes, I'm always using the latest OB.

Your cockpit script files stopped working when 2.5.6 came out... cockpit becomes invisible.

If you can provide some guidance, I can try to help you find a way to make it work again...