Suddenly "go to alternate" appears in CASE II SC mission

shd1hornet

Hi everybody!

After updating OB there is an "go to alternate" command when calling "inbound" in CASE II mission which came with the Supercarrier. :huh:

Just before I updated everything went well.

So as a result I now don't get approach informations as before, just the "go to alternate".

What went wrong? Did I make any error?

(I am using VAICOM pro)

Kind regards

Robert :thumbup:

Edited by shd1hornet
[SOLVED]

If you have easy comms on, the radio has probably tuned to one of the support ships, instead of the carrier.

I'd disable easy comms and maybe set 'Select Tunes Radio' in the Vaicom Pro settings. If you then say "Carrier, select" or "<carrier name>, select" your radio will be correctly tuned and you should be good.

Maybe checkout the Vaicom Pro sub-forum, for FAQs and any future questions. https://forums.eagle.ru/forumdisplay.php?f=733

You might even be able to retain the easy comms setting and just use the "carrier, select" or named version, before speaking to it on the radio, so maybe give that a try first if you want to keep using easy comms,

As Greyman said, all the ships in the mission have the same radio frequency set (127.500) and Easy Comms is therefore defaulting to the nearest one. If you receive a go to alternate it might also be possible to used 'Marking Moms' as a command since this is a reference to the carrier (it is only a might)

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal