Razbam DCS MiG-19P Development Update #2

OverStratos

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is synchronization unit between radar and ASP-5. This colimator displays target silhouette according radar signals and together with ASP-5 grid allow gun fire at the not visible target at distance up to 2000 m.

In fact, the sight starts to display target lead information at about 1200mts because the cannons are acurrate up to 1500mts.

without a reflector glass?

The reflector glasses have been omitted in the pictures, but both sights have them.

Edited by OverStratos

What a beautiful bird...You are making an amazing work Guys!! Keep it up :-)

One quick picky question for Overstratos : Are you going to smooth out the lines of the rear canopy bow ? looks a little bit angular shaped.

Sorry to bother you with that. It is just that i am a HUGE fan of mig 17 and 19 ;-)

best regards,

In fact, the sight starts to display target lead information at about 1200mts because the cannons are acurrate up to 1500mts.

The reflector glasses have been omitted in the pictures, but both sights have them.

Ok, TY! That clears it up, and makes the aircraft even more interesting. A 2 layer HUD is an awesomely clunky prospect, and I love it!

DCS: MiG-23

[sIGPIC]

[/sIGPIC]

Make it happen, and take my money! :D

As it was said before, the MiG-19P that´s going to be made is a late series MiG-19P with RP-5 Radar and R-3S AA missile integration. Because of the strong similarities between the P and PM variants, it would require a lot less effort to make also a MiG-19PM than a MiG-19S, so we may go for a MiG-19PM after the MiG-19P,

I re-read the initial post and happily noticed that there is a chance for a -PM after the -P, which would be great from my point of view. One would have to figure out though how to fight in a multiplayer environment with no guns and only four rather sluggish AA-1/RS-2/K-5 ;)

Gawd! incredible work!

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

Really excited about this jet. I love 2nd and 3rd gen stuff. I'm still upset about Razbam Mig 23 getting cancelled.

Strange to see that the radar symbology for target above and target below is opposite to the Mig 21bis.

Am I mistaken? I thought the Mig 21 has a "-" with a tail pointing up if the target is above and tail pointing down if target is below...

From Razbam FB page. Seem to be all the clickable area :

Look great though I really hope RAZBAM makes a proper bindings for all that 2 and 3 position switches ;)

F/A-18, F-16, F-14, M-2000C, A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37 Viggen, F-5E-3, F-86F, MiG-21bis, MiG-15bis, L-39 Albatros, C-101 Aviojet, P-51D, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Bf 109 4-K, UH-1H, Mi-8, Ka-50, NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf... and not enough time to fully enjoy it all

• 2 weeks later...

Dear Overstratos,

I was wondering if you could together with your promising Mig-19p release an AI RB-47 reconnaissance plane derived from the B-47 bomber. A plane on its own in DCS is not as enjoyable, as experience showed us. Although it will be great to fly your Mig-19p against say F-5s, and if you take inspiration from how Mig-15 and L-39 are modeled (cockpit, flight and damage models) many would fall in love with your plane anyway, having an actual target to intercept in this interceptor would be needed to convince many others to get it, and more importantly, to stay with it. I would imagine that a release trailer where a Mig-19p is intercepting an RB-47 as its tail gun is shooting back would get a lot of attention.

If you think that it is not your responsibility and the ED's job, given how far the time span they cover is stretched, I would argue that 3D party developers should start supplementing their planes with additional AI assets. We still have no bomber to intercept in our Mig-15.

Finally, the RB-47 reconnaissance plane is absolutely the most realistic target for interception, having flown reconnaissance missions around the Soviet Union from 1952 to 1965; in fact, one being shot down by a very Mig-19.

Thank you for considering this suggestion.

Dear Overstratos,

:thumbup:

I was wondering if you could together with your promising Mig-19p release an AI RB-47 reconnaissance plane derived from the B-47 bomber. A plane on its own in DCS is not as enjoyable, as experience showed us. Although it will be great to fly your Mig-19p against say F-5s, and if you take inspiration from how Mig-15 and L-39 are modeled (cockpit, flight and damage models) many would fall in love with your plane anyway, having an actual target to intercept in this interceptor would be needed to convince many others to get it, and more importantly, to stay with it. I would imagine that a release trailer where a Mig-19p is intercepting an RB-47 as its tail gun is shooting back would get a lot of attention.

If you think that it is not your responsibility and the ED's job, given how far the time span they cover is stretched, I would argue that 3D party developers should start supplementing their planes with additional AI assets. We still have no bomber to intercept in our Mig-15.

Finally, the RB-47 reconnaissance plane is absolutely the most realistic target for interception, having flown reconnaissance missions around the Soviet Union from 1952 to 1965; in fact, one being shot down by a very Mig-19.

Thank you for considering this suggestion.

:thumbup:

I'm not sure if RB-47 should be a top on priority list for AI modules but I couldn't agree more with your comment.

It's hard to over stress it - DCS critically needs ground, air and finally naval AI units from 50's and 60's. There is almost no content for MiG-15 and Sabre. Those from mission creators that didn't gave up and are doing everything possible to create some interesting play-ground for those planes are forced to solutions as using C-130 to portray the B-29...

I really hope the situation improves and some of AI units are already worked on in parallel to MiG-19. Otherwise we get yet another module with no proper environment to fly it in.

Actually, the ultimate goal should be for DCS to create an immersive air warfare environment simulation - aside of just providing great air frames representation (modules).

F/A-18, F-16, F-14, M-2000C, A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37 Viggen, F-5E-3, F-86F, MiG-21bis, MiG-15bis, L-39 Albatros, C-101 Aviojet, P-51D, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Bf 109 4-K, UH-1H, Mi-8, Ka-50, NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf... and not enough time to fully enjoy it all

Wow looks nice! :D Was the MiG-19 the first russian radar aircraft? xD

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

No, first Soviet aircraft in service with radar ( no experimental aircraft ) was Yak-25 with temporary RP-1 radar installation ( official service start date 08.09.1953 ), later from 1955 this aircraft got intended for her new RP-6. Few months after Yak in late 1954 MiG-17P ( based on original MiG-17 construction and RP-1 Izumrud radar ) show up, changed from december 1955 by MiG-17PF ( based on MiG-17F construction ) with the same radar on the beginning, later with deeply modernized RP-1 called RP-5 ( this radar we will have in Razbam's MiG-19 ).

Edited by foxbat155

So the MiG-17 was the first mass-produced radar-aircraft? Or was it Yak-25 with RP-6 ?

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence