Nvidia 416.16 10 4 18 update

What the=======

I lost 50 fps after this update. Don't have a clue as to what would cause that. :cry:

Edited by FOXFIRE TWOONE

Intel core I9 10900K 3.7 ghz

Asrock Z490 Extreme4

G-SKill Ripjaws V 32GB

Cooler Master 120m

GTX 980 Superclocked

Corsair AX850w psu

Samsung 1 T M.2 2 X 850 ssd's

Sony 48 in HD TV

Trackir 5

Hotas Warthog F/A-18C Hornet Grip

Logitech Pro Peddles

Windows 10 64

running it too, same as before

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

if you did a clean install it will default to "Optimal" under power management in 3d settings in NV Control panel.

If you did an express install and are experience this I'd run DDU in safe mode and reinstall... also can try just enabling nvidia share via geforce experience.. I've run into an issue in DCS where for some reason it would cap my fps to 64 if I didn't enable nvidia share or have geforce experience installed. I know of at least other in these forums who experienced the same issue and said he was able to fix it by deleting the "max fps" line in the graphics lua.

Spoiler

Win 11 Pro, z790 i9 13900k, RTX 4090 , 64GB DDR 6400GB, OS and DCS are on separate pci-e 4.0 drives 

Sim hardware - VKB MCG Ultimate with 200mm extension, Virpil T-50CM3 Dual throttles.   Blackhog B-explorer (A), TM Cougar MFD's (two), MFG Crosswinds with dampener.   Obutto R3volution gaming pit.  

no problems here

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

What the=======

I lost 50 fps after this update. Don't have a clue as to what would cause that. :cry:

Found the problem. My mistake, I had ticked msaa 2x when testing some things and forgot to change it back. But it's amazing, that one thing make such a big difference. ( Why is it their.? )

Intel core I9 10900K 3.7 ghz

Asrock Z490 Extreme4

G-SKill Ripjaws V 32GB

Cooler Master 120m

GTX 980 Superclocked

Corsair AX850w psu

Samsung 1 T M.2 2 X 850 ssd's

Sony 48 in HD TV

Trackir 5

Hotas Warthog F/A-18C Hornet Grip

Logitech Pro Peddles

Windows 10 64

Found the problem. My mistake, I had ticked msaa 2x when testing some things and forgot to change it back. But it's amazing, that one thing make such a big difference. ( Why is it their.? )

I use it because it looks better. It gets rid of shimmering that I can't do with Nvidia panel.

Buzz

I use it because it looks better. It gets rid of shimmering that I can't do with Nvidia panel.

Give SSAA 1.5x a try BuzzU, imho it is better than MSAA2x with the shimmering thing and performs kind of equal ( on my rig ).

5 min and you know ;)

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

Give SSAA 1.5x a try BuzzU, imho it is better than MSAA2x with the shimmering thing and performs kind of equal ( on my rig ).

5 min and you know ;)

I recommend SSAA 1.5x as well. For me, it's better visually than MSAA2x and gets rid of shimmering with no noticeable difference in performance.

i5 7600K @4.8GHz | 1080 Ti | 32GB 3200MHz | SSD | DCS SETTINGS | "COCKPIT"

You ought to have tried repairing the mission and DCS World first. You'll just encounter the problem when you find you have no choice but to upgrade down the line.

For the vast majority of users, this update has caused no problems at all - so the issue is with individual installations, not with the software update. Yes, you may find your set-up has incorrect, or non-optimal settings, so try stuff out BEFORE blaming the updates.

A better solution all round is to wait for a few days after an update is released, and see what the lay of the land is before you commit. Let others find the solutions, and save yourselves some heartache.

Edited by NeilWillis

You ought to have tried repairing the mission and DCS World first. You'll just encounter the problem when you find you have no choice but to upgrade down the line.

For the vast majority of users, this update has caused no problems at all - so the issue is with individual installations, not with the software update. Yes, you may find your set-up has incorrect, or non-optimal settings, so try stuff out BEFORE blaming the updates.

A better solution all round is to wait for a few days after an update is released, and see what the lay of the land is before you commit. Let others find the solutions, and save yourselves some heartache.

I should have mentioned it but I DID run a repair on DCS while efforting to determine a cause. I have a hunch that the nVidia Experience may be the culprit so I'll try dloading the drivers directly from nVidia and trying an install from scratch instead of through a portal (with a suitable Restore Point set prior to trying it.) And, FWIW, the drivers had been out for about a week before I snagged them (which should be enough time to find at least a few red flags, no?)

Edited by Emmy

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://www.476vfightergroup.com/content.php

High Quality Aviation Photography For Personal Enjoyment And Editorial Use.

www.crosswindimages.com