DCS : F4U-1 Corsair

Hueyman

Great update!! Thanks. I wonder if you could comment on whether or not M3 has addressed the bounce caused by the landing gear shock absorbers during carrier traps? It seems to me that most of the current WWII prop planes in DCS have a fairly consistent tendency to bounce quite a lot if there is the slightest bit of lift remaining or the vertical speed is a few fps higher than required. This was one of the problems that had to be solved before the US Navy allowed the Corsair to be stationed aboard its carriers. Have you looked into this?

• Like 2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

2 hours ago, Hammer1-1 said:

heres to hoping for a thanksgiving release date and can finally enjoy a Corsair for a change.

Looking for a... turkey shoot...? .... *cough* ... I know the way out by heart, now...

• Like 3

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

7 hours ago, nick10 said:

Is there any word on whether this will still ship with a carrier or ai zeke?

Carrier yes, zero unknown, it will probably get an AI, but we don't know if it will come with the first release 

i7 13700k @5.2ghz, GTX 3090, 64Gig ram 4800mhz DDR5, M2 drive.

@-Rudel-

Now that the glass armour plating has been installed will the reflector glass be removed?

I was under the impression that only the F4U-1 used the reflector glass

IMG_2488.webp

Then on the F4U-1A they went to the setup below?

IMG_2486.jpeg

IMG_2494.jpeg
The image below shows a -1D without either the glass on the reflector or separate piece to reflect on, is this a specific -1D mod?

IMG_2501.jpeg

Edited by Krupi
  • Like 1

Windows 10 Pro | ASUS RANGER VIII | i5 6600K @ 4.6GHz| MSI RTX 2060 SUPER | 32GB RAM | Corsair H100i | Corsair Carbide 540 | HP Reverb G2 | MFG crosswind Pedals | Custom Spitfire Cockpit

Project IX Cockpit

Mag3 new screenshot from Facebook.

May be an image of seaplane and text

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

Aircraft: F-14A/B, F/A-18C, F-16C, F-5E, FC3, AV-8B, Mirage 2000C, L-39, Huey, F-86, P-51, P-47, Spitfire, Mosquito, Supercarrier

Maps: Persian Gulf, Syria, NTTR, Marianas, Normandy 2, Channel

Upcoming Modules Wishlist: A-7E, A-6E, F-4, F-8J, MiG-17F, A-1H, F-100D, Kola Peninsula

On 11/4/2023 at 12:12 PM, AG-51_Razor said:

Great update!! Thanks. I wonder if you could comment on whether or not M3 has addressed the bounce caused by the landing gear shock absorbers during carrier traps? It seems to me that most of the current WWII prop planes in DCS have a fairly consistent tendency to bounce quite a lot if there is the slightest bit of lift remaining or the vertical speed is a few fps higher than required. This was one of the problems that had to be solved before the US Navy allowed the Corsair to be stationed aboard its carriers. Have you looked into this?

Sounds like shock absorber dampener settings might be wrong for carrier landings. They could look into the coding for that... try new values. A good example from racing would be Baja desert racing trucks or Motocross motorbike racing: big jumps, relatively soft landings, despite big air!

As for non-carrier warbirds, maybe some were bouncy in real life themselves... remember, performance aviation was still very new in those days, and they were trying to engineer an awful lot of things all at the same time, as fast as humanly possible. wouldn't surprise me if a sub-team might have struggled with shock settings for quite some time on some aircraft.

6 hours ago, Stackup said:

Looks good as always.

But I think it's time for some detailed videos. None of the remaining do to listed, seem to have any effects on videos showing it flyable, take off from carrier, use of weapon etc. 

We have lots of pics but only like 20 seconds of video from the 2023 and beyond trailer.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 11/13/2023 at 11:41 PM, Stackup said:

We speculated like crazy when the last screenshot had the number 28 on it. What does 198 mean this time? Any guesses? 198 hours to release? 198 days? Could the 1 bomb 1 fuel tank have a hidden meaning?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Omega417 said:

We speculated like crazy when the last screenshot had the number 28 on it. What does 198 mean this time? Any guesses? 198 hours to release? 198 days? Could the 1 bomb 1 fuel tank have a hidden meaning?

Oh man, forest for the trees...

I think the real question is, what are those islands, and when do we get to bomb them?

• Like 3

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

Oh man, forest for the trees...
I think the real question is, what are those islands, and when do we get to bomb them?
Probably ED is giving the final touch to Mariana WWII. Releasing the Corsair with an assett pack without a proper map is a thing that nor ED or Magnitude want.

Inviato dal mio BLA-L09 utilizzando Tapatalk

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Hunter Joker said:

Probably ED is giving the final touch to Mariana WWII. Releasing the Corsair with an assett pack without a proper map is a thing that nor ED or Magnitude want.

In a logical world yes, DCS is not logical. Lots of things one would expect to show up with other things some times shows up years later.

It doesn't seem like ED has worked on Marinas much in the last year, because as they've said multiple times now for a a year (all hands on deck, for the core update(MT, DLSS and vulkan)

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Hunter Joker said:

Nah... DCS is about aircraft foremost, I wouldn't give a damn myself if a well made aircraft won't immediately come with a relevant map at first, and I'm sure neither would ED and 3rd parties would about a selling a ready product just because some other related product isn't ready. Looking at DCS history tends to align with this too.

I'm inclined to think that the reason we don't have Corsair yet is, that it's just not quite there yet, still.

9 hours ago, Gunfreak said:

It doesn't seem like ED has worked on Marinas much in the last year, because as they've said multiple times now for a a year (all hands on deck, for the core update(MT, DLSS and vulkan)

I don't believe we have nearly enough info at hand to come to this conclusion. There would be little to no overlap between the workforce required for making core engine/graphical rendering updates and making a map.

• Like 1

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

I don't believe we have nearly enough info at hand to come to this conclusion. There would be little to no overlap between the workforce required for making core engine/graphical rendering updates and making a map.
My two cents, when the Corsair will be released, in the same day/patch ED will release Mariana WWII. They wanna put a base to develop the Pacific Theater (as stated by Nick Gray) and starting with an aircraft without at least some AIbto fly VS and a proper map will be a bad stepstone... We will see

• Like 3

Something funky about that Corsair...

• Like 3

https://magnitude-3.com/

https://www.facebook.com/magnitude3llc

https://www.youtube.com/@magnitude_3

i9 13900K, 128GB RAM, RTX 4090, Win10Pro, 2 x 2TB SSD

i9 10980XE, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090Ti, Win10 Pro, 2 x 256GB SSD, 4 x 512GB SSD RAID 0, 6 x 4TB HDD RAID 6, 9361-8i RAID Controller

i7 4960X, 64GB RAM, GTX Titan X Black, Win10 Pro, 512GB PCIe SSD, 2 x 256GB SSD