ThrustMaster WartHog Throttle issue

Hi Fellow Pilots,

I have an issue with my throttle, even they are both linked via the bar, no matter where in the range I am, from Idle to Full Military Power, the left throttle is 1% behind the right. This causes minor issues, in trying to track straight level fight and is providing me with Yaw issues. This only happens, or should I say, i have only noticed it when flying F/A-18C

Any suggestions would be appreciated

Thank you

Ice Rhino

aka Toni Carrera

Edited by Ice Rhino

Toni Carrera (Ice Rhino)

ThrustMaster HOTAS Warthog Throttle & A10C Stick, ThrustMaster F/A-18C Stick, ThrustMaster TFRP Pedals, ThrustMaster Cougars x 2, fitted to CubeSim USB Screens, TrackIR 4 Active LED & Cap Reflector, Stream Deck XL

Intel® Core™ i7-5820K 12 Core Processor, 32GB RAM, 1 x 500GB SSD, 2 x 256GB SSD, 1 x 1TB SSD 4 x 4TB Western Digital Mechanical. 2 x ASUS GTX 1080's SLI, ASUS 29" Ultrawide flanked by 2 x 22" IPS Monitors

I suspect this is a feature of the DCS Hornet: engines are slightly different as opposed to mathematically identical. I notice the left and right temperatures vary significantly.

I was told that the two levers are never linked in real life F-18, so I stopped linking them.

You probably should not concern yourself with 1%. The FCS will have you flying straight. :)

Edited by Jack McCoy

i7-7700K@4.8GHz, 16Gb-3200, GTX-1080Ti-Strix-11Gb, Maximus IX Hero, Oculus Rift, Thrustmaster Warthog+F/A-18C, Logitech G940 Pedals.

I suspect this is an intended feature as well. Does similar for me in the BMS f18

Win 11 Professional, I7-12700K, 32GB DDR5, 3090, 2x 980 PRO PCIe 4.0 NVMe , 2x VKB Gunfighter mk III, MCG Ultimate, SCG, Orion 2 Throttle, Thrustmaster TPR pedals, Pimax Crystal 

OK, thank you all. I shall ignore the misalignment then

Fly Safe!

IR

Toni Carrera (Ice Rhino)

ThrustMaster HOTAS Warthog Throttle & A10C Stick, ThrustMaster F/A-18C Stick, ThrustMaster TFRP Pedals, ThrustMaster Cougars x 2, fitted to CubeSim USB Screens, TrackIR 4 Active LED & Cap Reflector, Stream Deck XL

Intel® Core™ i7-5820K 12 Core Processor, 32GB RAM, 1 x 500GB SSD, 2 x 256GB SSD, 1 x 1TB SSD 4 x 4TB Western Digital Mechanical. 2 x ASUS GTX 1080's SLI, ASUS 29" Ultrawide flanked by 2 x 22" IPS Monitors

Every jet I fly that has two engines does this with my WH as well

B. "Swany" Swanberg

Gigabyte Designare, Intel i9 9900KF (3.6, OC'd to 5.0)

32GB Patriot Viper Steel (black, non-RGB)

OS installed on a Samsung Evo 970 1TB SSD

DCS installed on a Samsun Evo 860 1TB SSD

EVGA 2080Ti 11GB

EVGA Supernova 720p 750w PS

3 Dell S2716DG monitors in Surround mode (7680x1440)

Oculus Rift S VR

Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle and Stick

Thrusmaster Rudder Pedals

assorted button boxes/Arduino boards

All drivers always kept up to date (30 days old, max)

I've yet to fly a twin engine jet or prop where each engine performed exactly the same as the other, IRL. One throttle or thrust lever is more forward than the other at all times. I noticed that in the hornet, the engines are modeled this way as well. Disconnect your thrustmaster thrust levers and use them individually the way you should.

I9 9900k @ 5ghz water cooled, 32gb ram, GTX 2080ti, 1tb M.2, 2tb hdd, 1000 watt psu TrackIR 5, TM Warthog Stick and Throttle, CH Pedals

I was told that the two levers are never linked in real life F-18, so I stopped linking them.

The Hornet doesn't actually have the physical link. Neither does the Warthog, it's only there on the Thrustmaster throttle for simulating single-engined aircraft.

Asus Z690 Hero | 12900K | 64GB G.Skill 6000 | 4090FE | Reverb G2 | VPC MongoosT-50CM2 + TM Grips  | Winwing Orion2 Throttle | MFG Crosswind Pedals

I'm having the same problem -- except the right throttle is behind the left, and it's a bit more than one percent. I HAVE to fly with them linked, as unlinked, it's more like 10% different, as it's hard to keep them physically together (they are both "wobbly" and sort of jiggle right and left). Even linked, it's enough to cause the aircraft to constantly want to roll, which is driving me crazy. I can tell you 100% the FCS does NOT compensate and make things right -- at least not so you can fly level with hands off the stick. Unlink your throttles, and pull one of the throttles behind the other one gradually and you'll see what I mean. If anyone gets different results (and doesn't roll one way or the other) please let me know. Also, if anyone has a solution via curves or deadzones, or saturation, please let me know. I had to put -18 curve on both throttles to get full MIL power right before AB detent, but with or without curves they are not matched according to input window in game.

EDIT: Decided to just use left/right trim to compensate -- not ideal, but seems to work. Also noticed it seems more pronounced at lower speeds (e.g. with gear down and full flaps)

EDIT2: Decided to remove Warthog AB Detent, and use the Special Option for the detent via the software -- I have a lot more range on my throttle now, which has dampened the effect of my throttles not matching to a negligible level.

Edited by BBQ
Removed Hard AB Detent

I've yet to fly a twin engine jet or prop where each engine performed exactly the same as the other, IRL. One throttle or thrust lever is more forward than the other at all times. I noticed that in the hornet, the engines are modeled this way as well. Disconnect your thrustmaster thrust levers and use them individually the way you should.

I learned something. Thanks for that tidbit. :thumbup:

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com