Why do people restart servers so often?

wizav

I need 15 minutes to prepare Hog, 15-20 minutes of flying, couple of minutes of bombing mav+jdam+gun... so

1h:30 minutes for a mission.

I was unable to complete A SINGLE mission due people restarting servers, changing missions like there is no tomorrow...

PLEASE someone tell me a good server that doesn't restart itself... also free from people who do landings on carrier 24/7 like that's a THING....

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

But landing the Hornet on the carrier IS the thing!

Ok, I've landed multiple times in row from different situations...

Was there a specific reason for me to continue doing that? There wasn't

instead I focused on unguided bombing missions and sparrow testing.

Also Hornet is pretty much shallow on many features to be played long time or to create complex missions.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

We restart ours for mission changes, skin and mod updates, hardware changes, and various changes due to management decisions on say what you can see in the F10 map or tacan changes to carriers and the like. Its not a lot but ours is dedicated to our group and will never be a public server. I'm sure its not that different for the public ones though.

i9 9900K @ 5.1Ghz - ASUS Maximus Hero XI - 32GB 4266 DDR4 RAM - ASUS RTX 2080Ti - 1 TB NVME - NZXT Kraken 62 Watercooling System - Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas (Virpil Base) - MFG Crosswind Pedals - Pimax 5K+

VFA-25 Fist Of The Fleet

Also some servers need to reboot or use to to free up memory because of a memory leak in dcs unless it was repaired since I last checked

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.

Currently DCS does NOT memory leak (hasnt for a long time) when running as a "dedicated" server

Ours gets restarted every 6 hours because

1. Update the ingame weather to what the weather is doing right now (this also sets the in game date & time)

2. DCS performance: you get issues with lag sometimes

3. The likelyhood of DCS crashing increases the longer you run it

Server gets restarted at:

08:00 - 12:00 - 18:00 - 00:00 - GMT

METAR weather for DCS World missions

Guide to help out new DCS MOOSE Users -> HERE

Havoc Company Dedicated server info Connect IP: 94.23.215.203

SRS enabled - freqs - Main = 243, A2A = 244, A2G = 245

Please contact me HERE if you have any server feedback or METAR issues/requests

I need 15 minutes to prepare Hog, 15-20 minutes of flying, couple of minutes of bombing mav+jdam+gun... so

1h:30 minutes for a mission.

I was unable to complete A SINGLE mission due people restarting servers, changing missions like there is no tomorrow...

PLEASE someone tell me a good server that doesn't restart itself... also free from people who do landings on carrier 24/7 like that's a THING....

Highly populated servers need to reset to clear up memory and to mitigate lag/warping issues.

A server with a high population and complex/dynamic missions that's been up for around 6 hours+ will start to see issues.

Usually you can see on the left side of the server list, how long a server has been up to get an idea of when it might restart soon.

Most communities include tools/bots that let people know when a restart will happen.

Also, it's been less than a week since the Hornet came out, you should expect people wanting to practice the basics before doing anything too serious, also like you said the features are limited so there's only so much you could do. Not everyone has the same amount of free time, so it's possible some will still be practicing the basics for a while.

For some, this may be their first module or some may not be used to high fidelity as this is a well-known aircraft and may have brought new players to DCS.

There's many great servers out there with nice missions/scenarios for the hornet or any other module. Most will have PvE and PvP features.

As for SP missions, it can be pretty lacking, but it might be a fun idea to try to take some great existing missions for other aircraft (F-15C/A-10C) and replace those slots with Hornets instead.

I've already shared my SP dynamic mission that generates missions for you on the fly on your command, but you can find those links in my signature.

"Through The Inferno"

Endless, Dynamic, Open-World Experience for DCS World