Anyone tried new campaign?

ebabil

On second mission, i had lots of stutters and fps loss.

How is it on your side?

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

Yes. Second mission was indeed stuttery / jumpy / small continuous hickups

Also, BRC on the boat in the first mission is wrong.

Edited by chrisofsweden

GPU: PALIT NVIDIA RTX 3080 10GB | CPU: Intel Core i7-9700K 4,9GHz | RAM: 64GB DDR4 3000MHz
VR: HP Reverb G2 | HOTAS: TM Warthog Throttle and Stick

I played them all. Funny about the second mission studdering, I had the same thing, rest were smooth. I have some big missions I made myself (700 plus objects with scripts) that didn't studder like that. odd, since it was not that big.

The missions were okay, simple. ED should consider outsourcing this to talented community members like SEDLO and others that have made great missions with complexity (timing, necessary tanker hits, airfield/carrier pattern requirements etc) and ED focus on product development.

Yes, its nice campaign. Its not difficult.

In the Mission 1, always dead (10 time or more) when Using AIM-7 :cry:

Changing AIM-7 with AIM-120C 5 kills :pilotfly:

I would like to know how it's possible to survive in mission 1 with AIM-7...

Stennis Bearing and ILC channel are wrong.

Current specs: Windows 10 64bit, i7-7700K @ 4.8 Ghz, 32 GB RAM, 1 To SSD, RTX2070-Super, TrackIR 5, TM Warthog, TM T.Flight Rudder Pedals

Finishing the 5th mission crashes the game when clicking end mission. Have tried it twice, second time it seemed to load new background music then just hangs. Anyone got past that and have everything load at the end?

No problem here.

Current specs: Windows 10 64bit, i7-7700K @ 4.8 Ghz, 32 GB RAM, 1 To SSD, RTX2070-Super, TrackIR 5, TM Warthog, TM T.Flight Rudder Pedals

@Laumaya: Yes, same here for the mission 1 with Aim 7, I tried frontal approach iso-altitude, at sea level, and at 30000ft... no good result! Problem solved with a 60 degree run first, then an attack from the side. Maybe that should help? The Aim 54 of the Tomcat could habe been well used in this mission!! ;-)

@Laumaya: Yes, same here for the mission 1 with Aim 7, I tried frontal approach iso-altitude, at sea level, and at 30000ft... no good result! Problem solved with a 60 degree run first, then an attack from the side. Maybe that should help? The Aim 54 of the Tomcat could habe been well used in this mission!! ;-)

Thank you I will try that. :smartass:

Great campaign and a lot of fun overall. However, I did have some issues though such as frequent stuttering, a Tomcat parked itself in the carrier landing area on the second mission, and I experienced some of the known issues with the radar such as difficulty locking targets and the radar stops scanning. All of this of course can be attribued to the early access status. My only real critique is that the campaign is based in 1989 and I had to suspend reality a bit to fly our year 2006 Hornet.

Edited by =BJM=

i5 7600K @4.8GHz | 1080 Ti | 32GB 3200MHz | SSD | DCS SETTINGS | "COCKPIT"

Make sure that you drag them in closer the carrier battle group on Mission 1. Let the ships fire missiles at them to put them defensive. Clean up the mess.

PC: ASROCK Z370 Gaming K6 | Intel i7 8700K | GeForce 2080TI | 32GB GeSkill 3200 RAM | GeForce 2080TI | 500GB Samsung 850 EVO M.2 | 1TB Samsung 860 EVO M.2

FLIGHT STUFF: Rift S | Warthog Base | Virpil Base | Hornet Grip | A-10 Grip | Cougar Grip | Virpil F-14 Grip | Cougar MFD's | A-10C UFC | Saitek Flight Panels | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals

Wags, could you guys please correct the modex-numbers on the aircraft?!

It's dampening imagination a lot when my hornet has a 3-digit modex far from reality.

As far as I know modex-numbers go from let's say (example) 400-414 (depending on how many aircraft on the squadron).

I also found out that numbers x08 + x09 are unused (left out) in many squadrons but i could not find out why.

Does anyone know more about that?!

Edit: I'm referring to this link (might be a little outdated): http://www.topedge.com/alley/text/cvws/airwings.htm

Edited by JumpinK

"Landing on the ship during the daytime is like sex, it's either good or it's great. Landing on the ship at night is like a trip to the dentist, you may get away with no pain, but you just don't feel comfortable"

— LCDR Thomas Quinn, USN.

Finishing the 5th mission crashes the game when clicking end mission. Have tried it twice, second time it seemed to load new background music then just hangs. Anyone got past that and have everything load at the end?

Same thing happened to me. The only thing I did differently was save the track before ending the mission. :/

I'm a noob and still finding my feet, err wings, with DCS and the hornet but having a lot of fun doing so in VR. I would love to see some youtubes of how some others fly these missions and I'm sure I'd learn an awful lot from them. Any chance of some of you recording how you fly these and posting them up? Cheers

Edited by JellyBean

Sooo… Mission 1. In the furball, all going well, shooting down MiGs and SUs. Suddenly, boom, I'm dead. I look at the scorecard, and I was shot down by an AIM-9. Thanks, wingman.

So I switch into my wingman to finish the mission, I do finish the mission and land. Then I get nailed with fratricide, because I took over the wingman that shot me down!!! WTF?

Oh, and ask me if playing back the track file to figure out what happened works. Apparently I flew myself into the water 3 minutes into the fight.

Just tried mission 2, and my rockeyes bounce off targets once again, after taxiing to a different catapault due to all the aircraft stacked on the cat in front of me. I'm glad they've made the effort to create a campaign, but the Hornet just isn't in a state where it is useable in this campaign yet. I'm sure it will be more enjoyable when the module is more flushed out.

Edited by Sandman1330

Ryzen 7 5800X3D / Asus Crosshair VI Hero X370 / Corsair H110i / Sapphire Nitro+ 6800XT / 32Gb G.Skill TridentZ 3200 / Samsung 980 Pro M.2 / Virpil Warbrd base + VFX and TM grips / Virpil CM3 Throttle / Saitek Pro Combat pedals / Reverb G2

Sooo… Mission 1. In the furball, all going well, shooting down MiGs and SUs. Suddenly, boom, I'm dead. I look at the scorecard, and I was shot down by an AIM-9. Thanks, wingman.

So I switch into my wingman to finish the mission, I do finish the mission and land. Then I get nailed with fratricide, because I took over the wingman that shot me down!!! WTF?

Oh, and ask me if playing back the track file to figure out what happened works. Apparently I flew myself into the water 3 minutes into the fight.

Just tried mission 2, and my rockeyes bounce off targets once again, after taxiing to a different catapault due to all the aircraft stacked on the cat in front of me. I'm glad they've made the effort to create a campaign, but the Hornet just isn't in a state where it is useable in this campaign yet. I'm sure it will be more enjoyable when the module is more flushed out.

You may know all about this already. If you really want to analyse your missions afterwards it's well worth getting a program called Tacview. It's a fantastic tool and really helps you with learning tactics etc.

Also works with other sims.

:thumbup:

You may know all about this already. If you really want to analyse your missions afterwards it's well worth getting a program called Tacview. It's a fantastic tool and really helps you with learning tactics etc.

Also works with other sims.

:thumbup:

I keep meaning to get it, but when I sit down at the computer I usually say, screw it I just wanna play! Lol. Maybe this should be the catalyst to get off my butt and download it...

Ryzen 7 5800X3D / Asus Crosshair VI Hero X370 / Corsair H110i / Sapphire Nitro+ 6800XT / 32Gb G.Skill TridentZ 3200 / Samsung 980 Pro M.2 / Virpil Warbrd base + VFX and TM grips / Virpil CM3 Throttle / Saitek Pro Combat pedals / Reverb G2

I had a really hard time getting trapped after last mission as there is a hell of a crosswind. It's somehow a nice challange but the boat would turn more in the wind though.

Maybe the 'support' of the F-14 CAPs could be polished. In the last mission they seem to be doing barrier CAP but not helping you out when outgunned by MIGs over your Target AO.

Nice campaign so far!

Brrrrrrrrrrrt

I'd rather call in a Strike Eagle...

I7 6700K, MSI Z270 Gaming Pro Carbon, 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw V 3200, Inno3D GTX 1080, Samsung 970 Evo, Thrustmaster 1.6000M, TrackIr 5

• 1 month later...

I also found out that numbers x08 + x09 are unused (left out) in many squadrons but i could not find out why.

Does anyone know more about that?!

Edit: I'm referring to this link (might be a little outdated): http://www.topedge.com/alley/text/cvws/airwings.htm

My understanding is that it's due to a limitation of the IFF system, in which you can not input digit 8 and 9, therefore side numbers x08 and x09 are skipped in operational squardons.