trees

SDsc0rch

trees cause a drop in FPS for me

i've moved the slider all the way to the minimum setting to minimize the impact trees have on my framerate

i was surprised to find the minimum setting isn't "zero" (grass/weeds/shrubbery goes to zero - and that's where i've set it)

would it be possible to include the option to simply eliminate trees altogether so as to maximize FR?

Edited by SDsc0rch

i7-4790K | Asus Sabertooth Z97 MkI | 16Gb DDR3 | EVGA GTX 980 | TM Warthog | MFG Crosswind | Panasonic TC-58AX800U

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Trees, in my rig, below AGL 6000', I don't know why but are dropping fps down a lot and introducing a great controls lag.

I also created a thread about it, with some pretty solid feedback about the issue, but the issue seems to be not reported yet; I think there is a bug priority list to be observed.

I know this is a beta... but until the issue is been dealt with by de devs, it would be nice to have an option to hide the trees and make the beta playable at low altitudes in forest areas.

Pretty please? :D

What resolution are you playing at?

I have a very similar rig to yours SDScrorch and am running with Trees set to maximum setting, with no difference in performance. The rest of my settings are also maxed out (at 1080p) all except for CIV traffic which is set to medium, AA which is set to 4x, Flat Shadows ON, and Shadows on HIGH.

Running pretty well and the lowest frames I get is around 40 FPS. Usually it's locked with adaptive VSYNC at 60FPS. Literally there is no change in performance on my rig between max trees and 0 trees.

Edited by OnlyforDCS

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

same issue for me. Get a kind of micro stutter when close to trees on hillsides. FPS doesn't really drop below 40 tho. Dropping shadow detail does help but doesn't eliminate it completely.

Current specs: i7 4770k, 16GB RAM, SSD for DCS, GTX 780 Ti.

Edited by FubarBundy
cos im a moron

same issue for me. Get a kind of micro stutter when close to trees on hillsides. FPS doesn't really drop below 40 tho. Dropping shadow detail does help but doesn't eliminate it completely.

Current specs: i7 4770k, 32GB RAM, SSD for DCS, GTX 780 Ti.

Do you run in full screen? There is currently a bug where you need to press LALT + ENTER to enter fullscreen when you first enter a game. This eliminated most of the microstutter for me. (Also turning on Adaptive Vsyinc in Nvidia Options, helped A LOT!)

Edited by OnlyforDCS

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

I also have problems going near trees. I am having micro stutters and turn trees visibility bar to lowest! Never had this problem in 1.2.16

System specs below

Case - Antec Three Hundred

PSU - Corsair AX750watt

Board - MSI Z170A GAMING PRO

CPU - Intel i5 6600K 3900MHz

Cooler - CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Plus

Memory - Kingston HYPERX 16G DDR4 2400Mhz CL15

Graphics - MSI GEFORCE GTX 980 GAMING 4G

SSD - Samsung 950 PRO 256GB M.2 NVMe

Monitor - Philips 277E 27" 1920x1080 60Hz

OS - Windows 10 Home 64bit

Flight Controllers - Thrustmaster HOTAS WARTHOG, Saitek COMBAT RUDDER PEDALS, TrackIR 4, Track Clip Pro

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I don't think the problem is trees but rather tree shadows. I am getting good results with flat shadows only.

The shadows only make the problem more visible; because each tree has a shadow and shadows will cost performance.

Without shadows the performance hit isn't that hard anymore but it's still there and still huge!

You can set the shadows to zero and the problem still occurs!

So I think this is not a shadow problem, it's a trees problem!

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7950X3D, System-RAM: 64 GB DDR5, GPU: nVidia 4090, Monitor: LG 38" 3840*1600, VR-HMD: Pimax Crystal, OS: Windows 11Pro, 2*2TB Samsung M.2 SSD, HOTAS: TM Warthog, Paddles: MfG.

Do you run in full screen? There is currently a bug where you need to press LALT + ENTER to enter fullscreen when you first enter a game. This eliminated most of the microstutter for me. (Also turning on Adaptive Vsyinc in Nvidia Options, helped A LOT!)

Nice work m8.. that seems to have helped a lot. Still get the micro stutter on occasion but that seems as much related to head tracking as anything else

The shadows only make the problem more visible; because each tree has a shadow and shadows will cost performance.

Without shadows the performance hit isn't that hard anymore but it's still there and still huge!

You can set the shadows to zero and the problem still occurs!

So I think this is not a shadow problem, it's a trees problem!

Exactly

There is a 1.5 mod for removing the tree shadows.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2495081&postcount=7

Edited by Razorback[NL]

Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi)  | AMD Ryzen 9 5900X @ 4,5Ghz | 128Gb DDR4 3200Mhz | beQuiet! Dark Power 12 1200W | 2 x 2Tb M.2 Samsung SSD | 2 x 4 Tb M.2 Samsung SSD |  Aorus RTX3090 Xtreme 24Gb | Windows 10 Pro x64 | HOTAS Cougar (heavily modified) | MFG Crosswind pedals | CH Throttle Quadrant | TrackIR5 | Oculus Quest 2 | VoiceAttack

Aviate Navigate Communicate

Nice work m8.. that seems to have helped a lot. Still get the micro stutter on occasion but that seems as much related to head tracking as anything else

Glad you got it sorted :thumbup: