Behavior of AMRAAM

Alphamale

I hope the R-27 family also could benefit for that.

So do I, but I reckon it depends on the availability of proper reliable information:

based on wind tunnel test data
Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

So do I, but I reckon it depends on the availability of proper reliable information:

We know the R-27 missile family's shape, and wind tunnel test software has become pretty accurate nowadays.

On account of that, I think eventually there will be an update for all missiles currently implemented in DCS.

guidance logic is what screws you, not necessarily speed. launched from 1.4m and high the R-27ER achieves a really great range. problem is 1. chaff will decoy with 100% effectiveness, and 2. it will "follow your nose" so tiny jinks on your part will have it doing 100% fin deflection the whole way in while it bleeds off it's mach 5 energy achieving nothing of value.