How to increse res in Oculus rift...

Fab

For those of you using DK2 or CV1...

For those of you, struggling to read gauges and/or hud...

Download ovr_sdk_ from Oculus

Do the following....

1.Open Oculus home first (other wise you get lag, if this is the case, just shut down both Oculus home and ovr_sdk, and restart Oculus home)

2.Open ovr_sdk and set Pixels per display pixel overide to 1.5 or 2 ( try it out, and see whats best for you)

3. Start DCS, and BINGO :thumbup:

Intel Core i7-6700K Cpu 4.00 GHz OC 4.8 GHz Water Cooled|32 GB DDR4 ram OC| Nvidia RTX 2080Ti| TrustMaster Warthog|Saitek Battle Pro Pedals | Logitec G13| Oculus Rift S :joystick:

I´m in for a ride, a VR ride:pilotfly:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBX_-Hml7_7s1dggit_vGpA?view_as=public

• 2 weeks later...
For those of you using DK2 or CV1...

For those of you, struggling to read gauges and/or hud...

Download ovr_sdk_ from Oculus

Do the following....

1.Open Oculus home first (other wise you get lag, if this is the case, just shut down both Oculus home and ovr_sdk, and restart Oculus home)

2.Open ovr_sdk and set Pixels per display pixel overide to 1.5 or 2 ( try it out, and see whats best for you)

3. Start DCS, and BINGO :thumbup:

For some reason I see no improvement when trying this,Not sure Why?

Patrick

mini.gif

Did you install Oculus in the default directory? If not, you have to specify the location under "File" in the SDK. I am also leaving the debug tool open, closing it seems to nullify the change sometimes.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Gigabyte GA97XSLI

Core i7 4790 @ 4.0 Ghz

MSI GTX 1080ti

32 Mb RAM DDR3-2133

512GB SSD for DCS

HP Reverb VR HMD

Thrustmaster Warthog & MFG Crosswind

This wont need to be sticky, as these functions will be part of DCS UI Coming Soon .

The Feature has been integrated internally already(as stated by wags), so it's simply a matter of time.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Did you install Oculus in the default directory? If not, you have to specify the location under "File" in the SDK. I am also leaving the debug tool open, closing it seems to nullify the change sometimes.

Thank You,I'll have a look:thumbup:

Patrick

mini.gif

100th post about this.....

DCS is also adding that option directly to the DCS Settings.

Too bad I didn't find one of the hundred posts when I read through about 65 pages of posts in the two VR threads. There may have been 100 mentions of "the debug tool" in those threads, but not one single explanation of what that was or where to download it (and I searched).

Anyway I figured it out and it wouldn't hurt in the weeks before the VR tab is added to the options menu to sticky a thread telling people to go to the Oculus website and download the Oculus SDK which contains the Oculus Debug Tool which has the Pixel Density setting in it. Not even Wags in his video mentioned where to get the damn thing!

/Rant over

Too bad I didn't find one of the hundred posts when I read through about 65 pages of posts in the two VR threads. There may have been 100 mentions of "the debug tool" in those threads, but not one single explanation of what that was or where to download it (and I searched).

Anyway I figured it out and it wouldn't hurt in the weeks before the VR tab is added to the options menu to sticky a thread telling people to go to the Oculus website and download the Oculus SDK which contains the Oculus Debug Tool which has the Pixel Density setting in it. Not even Wags in his video mentioned where to get the damn thing!

/Rant over

Fully agree.

Intel 8700k @5ghz, 32gb ram, 1080ti, Rift S

there actually was instructions posted repeatedly, just randomly throughout the pages and pages of discussion.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

For me the debug tool only works on DCS 2.0 Alpha,it doesnt work with the Beta version.

Intel i7 6700k OC 4.7ghz

Asus ROG Maximus VIII Hero Motherboard

Zotac GTX980ti 6GB Amp Extreme

32 GB DDR4 3200 RAM

Oculus Rift CV1

Thrustmaster Warthog

For me the debug tool only works on DCS 2.0 Alpha,it doesnt work with the Beta version.

tool works in both for me

System:Motherboard Asus ROG Strix Z390-E,Asus ROG GeForce RTX 2080Ti OC, GPU, 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 Ram, Intel i9 9900K @ 5 GHz , cooled by NZXT Kraken X52, Acer XB270HU G-Sinc monitor, Windows 10 Pro, Warthog joystick and throttle with wasy extension, VBK Gunfighter Pro and MCG Pro,MFG Rudder, running on a dedicated 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M2 Nvme , Super Wheel Stand Pro, with a HP Reverb G2

It will work regardless of what game/program you run... If it dosent work, you made an error setting it up....

Intel Core i7-6700K Cpu 4.00 GHz OC 4.8 GHz Water Cooled|32 GB DDR4 ram OC| Nvidia RTX 2080Ti| TrustMaster Warthog|Saitek Battle Pro Pedals | Logitec G13| Oculus Rift S :joystick:

I´m in for a ride, a VR ride:pilotfly:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBX_-Hml7_7s1dggit_vGpA?view_as=public

This is how I get it to work.

I open the debug tool(nothing else opened yet)

Then i change pixels to 1.5

Then under visible hud I select layer (this will show the change at the bottom whilst in the rift.. ie 1.5 or 2.0 under pixel density )

I then load dcs

Once loaded i go back to the debug tool and change layer to none under visible hud.

I leave the debug tool open. I don't close it

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Edited by =DECOY=

Water cooled i9-9900K | Maximus Code XI MB | RTX3090  | 64GB | HP Reverb G2