311 members have voted

1. 1. O-2A Skymaster

• yes
    • no

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Absolutely. It's almost identical to its civil variant just sans interior and prop spinners. It also carried a few rockets, gun pods, and bombs. So you end up with something that satisfies both the people who would like to see some civil aviation in DCS and those that say military only.

The question on everybody's mind will be though whats going on with a certain controversial modder who's announced an O2 project? Feel free to delete this comment if said controversy would impede development...

I would really like to know about this, since if so, its a coincidence

Absolutely. It's almost identical to its civil variant just sans interior and prop spinners. It also carried a few rockets, gun pods, and bombs. So you end up with something that satisfies both the people who would like to see some civil aviation in DCS and those that say military only.

It's a very thin line

On my Behalf Razbam can continue on this project,you guys are more qualified for this Job, My self and silver dragon started it about more than 2 weeks ago,but there is really nothing done than just a few blueprints of the aircraft and weapons,hud and gun piper,i also started modeling the rocket pods and other weapons the O-2 carries.

Again please if this community wants this plane please you guys make it,the O-2 will be in the right hands,i still have a lot to learn before I can fully make a module.

So please bring this aircraft to DCS.:thumbup:

Feel free to take these if neededWeapons.gif

images_C_C2303U02.jpg

M337.jpg

Early work on the Weapons.

Early_LODs.jpg

Edited by cubanace

The question on everybody's mind will be though whats going on with a certain controversial modder who's announced an O2 project? Feel free to delete this comment if said controversy would impede development...

On my Behalf Razbam can continue on this project,you guys are more qualified for this Job, My self and silver dragon started it about more than 2 weeks ago,but there is really nothing done than just a few blueprints of the aircraft and weapons,hud and gun piper,i also started modeling the rocket pods and other weapons the O-2 carries.

Again please if this community wants this plane please you guys make it,the O-2 will be in the right hands,i still have a lot to learn before I can fully make a module.

<<Insert Michael Jackson eating popcorn meme here>>

<<Insert Michael Jackson eating popcorn meme here>>

A well...to be honest, i wasn't aware of this.

Cubanace, thanks, it's a poll on a may or may NOT be project in a future, as usual, i always ask the community. Of course none of this have an impact on current developments

"do you want X in DCS?" If "X" can fly, then the communitie's answer will always be "yes!" (ok, even if it does not fly, it would probably be "yes" as well ...) :D

Personal hype factor: 1 / 5

"weired" aircraft with quirks or oddities, just unusual or unique aircraft are always a huge plus, but battlefield capabilities (in DCS terms) are very important.

So, for me, for example: F-14 > F-18, AH-1G > UH-1, but also A-29 > O-2A > Yak-52 / C.E. II

"do you want X in DCS?" If "X" can fly, then the communitie's answer will always be "yes!" (ok, even if it does not fly, it would probably be "yes" as well ...) :D

"weired" aircraft with quirks or oddities, just unusual or unique aircraft are always a huge plus, but battlefield capabilities (in DCS terms) are very important.

So, for me, for example: F-14 > F-18, AH-1G > UH-1, but also A-29 > O-2A > Yak-52 / C.E. II

Actually, there was an F-35 discussion that lead to the cancellation, as the majority was ranting about the impossibility of doing this to DCS standards and a stunning majority of answers where "no"... Just saying. :dunno:

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

If the question is simply whether I would like to fly a Skymaster or not, then the answer is yes.

If the question is whether I would like to fly an aircraft like the Skymaster, I would strongly suggest to consider the OV-10A Bronco instead. Just the plain, steam-gauges and Mk1 eyeball A version (no FLIR and stuff). In terms of system and weapon complexity it should be similar to the O-2A, while offering more variety, being more widely used and generally being much more recognizable. Also consider that the OV-10A has worked together with your own AV-8B and could operate off your own Tarawa LHA, so it should fit in quite well with your product line.

While nothing's wrong with O-2, and it would be nice to have in DCS, I too have a preference favoring the OV-10 Bronco. I've seen one flying a couple months ago, and was strangely more exciting to watch than even the MiG-29, Gripen, various aerobatics aircraft and T-129. There was something in the way it sails through the sky and still appearing agile with its funky looks.

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

On a larger stage the O-2 is very important. Fits into a Vietnam Era map very well with the F-4 and MiG-21.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

Nice, but as already some other guys said, the OV-10 Bronco would be even better. :D

A-10A, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8B, F-5E, F-16C, F/A-18C, F-86F, Yak-52, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, Supercarrier, Combined Arms, FW 190 A-8, FW 190 D-9, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Normandy + WWII Assets Pack