Bouncing on the Stennis

2-niner

I realize that this should be low priority since you're not really *supposed* to land the Viggen on the Stennis, but since you can - and therefore you could theoretically do some carrier-ops with the Viggen, could we get a fix for this please? :)

I know it bounces on the old carriers as well I just had hoped that it would be fixed on this new one, but not so...

.... carrier-ops with the Viggen...

This is so wrong, I don't even know what to say...

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

:doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh:

This is not a thing!!

Ryzen 9 7950X3D - MSI MAG X670E TomaHawk MB, ASUS ROG Ryujin III 360 AIO

64gig Corsair DDR5@6000, Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 AORUS

Winwing Super Taurus, Orion2, TO / Combat panels, Collective with Topgun MIP

Winwing Skywalker pedals, NLR Boeing Mil Edition Simpit, Trackir

If it is physically possible, it should be a thing. The bouncing problem isn't limited to the Viggen. When I play the stock UH-1H missions for landing on the ship, the UH-1H doesn't quite sit right on a moving ship. It may float above the deck a few inches and/or bounce with the rocking of the ship in the waves. The problem is less with the Viggen and more with the game engine's ability to handle the physics of two free moving game objects in contact with each other. I have never played a sim where this problem wasn't solved by custom scripting to decide when to weld one object to another.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

:doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh:

This is not a thing!!

in reality of course it isn't ...

in dcs it is possible! ;)

but i admit it is pretty hard to do, since the reverser doesn't brake you the same as a hook :D

i wouldn't recommend doing this on a server where f18s are waiting for landing on the carrier :music_whistling:

sigpic.png.4d2403c54e341ae5cf45e3309e87cb2c.png

Hm, for start i would just love to see Viggen stable enough and not crashing DCS over and over and over and over and over again.

I got it like 15 days ago and im yet to finish 1 simple mission in it. That seems like priority to me.