continue downloading patch / module

lee1hy

I'd like to know the answer to that too! Are you saying that you can't stop a download in progress and restart it again later? Like if there was an interruption in the internet signal all the data downloaded would be lost?

That would suck because I have been downloading the Super-carrier and a couple of modules now for 12 hours and it's barely halfway done and the internet drops a lot around here.

The updater downloads everything in form of separate files into a temporary directory ("_download" within the install directory). Once the downloading is complete, the files are then moved to their correct position within the installation directory.

If the download stops for some reason, the next time the updater runs, it checks the already downloaded files and then continues where it was stopped before. So it _could_ be that a large(ish) file has to be re-downloaded again if it was incomplete, but that's it afaik.

edit: the updater will not tell you that it is actually continuing a previously stopped download. But you will notice that the progress bar will be FAST (i.e. magnitude of several GB/s, depending on your hardware ofc) in the beginning as the updater just checks which files are already downloaded.

Edited by Flagrum

The updater downloads everything in form of separate files into a temporary directory ("_download" within the install directory). Once the downloading is complete, the files are then moved to their correct position within the installation directory.

If the download stops for some reason, the next time the updater runs, it checks the already downloaded files and then continues where it was stopped before. So it _could_ be that a large(ish) file has to be re-downloaded again if it was incomplete, but that's it afaik.

edit: the updater will not tell you that it is actually continuing a previously stopped download. But you will notice that the progress bar will be FAST (i.e. magnitude of several GB/s, depending on your hardware ofc) in the beginning as the updater just checks which files are already downloaded.

Thanks for that. I think I will switch my PC internet signal to a stronger and hopefully faster one which I have available then.