Laser rockets

mtd2811

Laser rockets

Luck? If you’re close or steep enough it has energy to maneuver quite a bit, and maybe you happened to be nearly lined up

Dont think it was luck mate. Whether or not it is intended to work in such a way using a jtac or drone i am not sure. The way it worked for me:

1. Pod on and on SP (not slaved to WP)

2. Rockets and pod on the drones code

3.pod on and facing towards the general area

4. LSS On

5.Pod locks and finds the painted target

6. Target in the circle and fire

7. Maintain target in circle until impact

As i said this was working in the TTI server until the last patch last week.Now the pod will not find the painted target under LSS.

Whether it was suppose to work like that or not maybe someone from deka can advise

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well it’s always been beam riding.

It does maneuver a lot, and I think it’s certianly possible if you two were lined up. If you have the track and post it would be interesting to see what path it took and figure it out, but that’s the guess I’m going with, becuase it has always been beam riding. If you want toswitch versions and dig up the lua you can do that with Skatezillas updater and find out for sure, or just play the track with the old version.

I have always been able to maneuver after firing as long as I keep it gentle and know it takes up the missiles energy, I think it’s totally possible. There’s no reason that beam riders won’t work with buddy guidance under any circumstance, just most circumstances.

Edited by AeriaGloria

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

Well it’s always been beam riding.

It does maneuver a lot, and I think it’s certianly possible if you two were lined up. If you have the track and post it would be interesting to see what path it took and figure it out, but that’s the guess I’m going with, becuase it has always been beam riding. If you want toswitch versions and dig up the lua you can do that with Skatezillas updater and find out for sure, or just play the track with the old version.

I have always been able to maneuver after firing as long as I keep it gentle and know it takes up the missiles energy, I think it’s totally possible. There’s no reason that beam riders won’t work with buddy guidance under any circumstance, just most circumstances.

I think there is some misunderstanding here .

I am trying to report that under LSS the pod now will not find the painted target

Jtac and drones are picked up by other modules eg harrier

Its with Jeff that doesn’t work since the last patch. Hoping DEKA will look at it

Testing in SP using CLTD to mark targets, LSS detected/tracked targets marked with 1688 without issue.

I'd then switch the WMD to "normal" mode and lock/self-lase for the BRM1 missile(s).

Which lasing script and code are you testing with ?

Can you share the track/mission ?

Tested using Open Beta 2.5.6.47224

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

Testing in SP using CLTD to mark targets, LSS detected/tracked targets marked with 1688 without issue.

I'd then switch the WMD to "normal" mode and lock/self-lase for the BRM1 missile(s).

Which lasing script and code are you testing with ?

Can you share the track/mission ?

Tested using Open Beta 2.5.6.47224

Hi as i said above i was LSS in MP in the TTI server using their drones

SP with autolase works fine

Hi as i said above i was LSS in MP in the TTI server using their drones

SP with autolase works fine

CLTD is a SSE script to create laser-spot, it have the same effect of JTAC, AI/player units.

We tested 17 to 17/17 to 18/18 to 17 buddy laser without problems.

the only reqirement is: in range and laser code match.

CLTD is a SSE script to create laser-spot, it have the same effect of JTAC, AI/player units.

Thanks mate

I will repair the module and test again

L0o8ack can you also try the following in multiplayer

1. Go in the TTI server (through the inferno)

2. With ground crew change code to 1686 on the missiles (drone code in the server)

3. Set pod to 1686 as well

Try and LSS on a painted target.

Please let me know how it goes? Many thanks

OK, I've further tested the BRM, and the rocket range/speed is somehow lower again. If you fire over 4NM, the rocket will pull very high pitch in the roll at terminal phase. If you fired at 4.8nm+, the rocket will roll ridiculous and likely to miss.

The problem has been reported to the team, the engineer will look into it.

Thx for the report.

Awesome thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
Watch out your speed and G pulling.

Remember this is a beam riding wpn, and it is only a 90mm rocket, not a big missile like S-25,even the vikhr has a diameter of 130mm.

These means:

1. BRM won't have a very long range(in fact, quite short, 5-8km in RL), if you shoot too far away(when JEFF was released, it can shoot 8nm), the rocket will lose all its energy to track and fly.

2.Beam riding need the missile stay INSIDE the laser beam. If you fired and pull up, the laser beam(the LOS of your plane and target) is greatly changed. thus the rocket has to follow the beam to pull up, it can not fly a straight line to the target like a SALH missile. Now think again the small rocket's initial speed, the BRM will miss, if you fired too far / pull up too hard.

OK, I've further tested the BRM, and the rocket range/speed is somehow lower again. If you fire over 4NM, the rocket will pull very high pitch in the roll at terminal phase. If you fired at 4.8nm+, the rocket will roll ridiculous and likely to miss.

The problem has been reported to the team, the engineer will look into it.

Thx for the report.

Any idea if this will be included in the next patch? Im trying to decide if I am maneuvering up too hard post rocket launch (at 3.8 miles) or if there really is a problem and thats why I miss so much with the rockets.

TJ

No there is definitely something wrong with BRMs in this patch.

Even if you fly in fast, get real close, and don't maneuver as you guide the rocket it will still jump and wobble around violently, often missing the point where you were designating by a couple meters.

They never spazzed out like that in previous patches, and still managed to hit their targets dead on even if you did sudden evasive manuvers.

I've actually been trying to take ground-pounding seriously (stand-off weapons make me lazy).

The basic problem with the BRMs seems to be they fly exaggerated oval/circle around the target.

In the early releases they flew a tight spiral, hardly leaving the TGP FoV.

Now, they are so wild, they hardly appear in the TGP view at all, and spiral so widely they miss the target about 2/3 of the time, maybe 3/4 the time. They are about useless against anything the size of a tank or smaller.

Ka-50 doesn't seem to suffer this problem, so there is something going on with Jeff (offset of missile to laser?).

Also, this is with TGP on the wing, not centerline...

Hmm... time for some more testing...

Edited by Tiger-II

Motorola 68000 | 1 Mb | Debug port

"When performing a forced landing, fly the aircraft as far into the crash as possible." - Bob Hoover.

The JF-17 is not better than the F-16; it's different. It's how you fly that counts.

"An average aircraft with a skilled pilot, will out-perform the superior aircraft with an average pilot."

What's going on with jeff is that it's laser is moving at the speed of a fighter jet. The BRMs are forced to move around the laser as well as down it as it changes elevation and azimuth. Vikhr is coming from a helo that can auto hover I believe.

What's going on with jeff is that it's laser is moving at the speed of a fighter jet. The BRMs are forced to move around the laser as well as down it as it changes elevation and azimuth. Vikhr is coming from a helo that can auto hover I believe.

Again, even if you fly perfectly straight into the target so that your relative position to it is the exact same, the BRM-1 will still bounce around the laser violently, where it didn't before the latest patch.

I'm flying straight at the target, so relative laser is not moving. I nearly became a manned missile a few times. :thumbup:

"When performing a forced landing, fly the aircraft as far into the crash as possible." - Bob Hoover.

The JF-17 is not better than the F-16; it's different. It's how you fly that counts.

"An average aircraft with a skilled pilot, will out-perform the superior aircraft with an average pilot."

OK.

So after some more testing I have noticed that when you track the rocket in F6 view, it actually flies perfectly normal; no violent swerving around the laser track.

However, once you switch to F1 cockpit view, it'll start violently swerving again.

If you cycle between F6 and F1 views You'll be able to see the missile overcorrect trying to realign on the laser.

I was in Active pause while testing this, so aircraft maneuvers were not a variable in my testing; the rocket still wobbled in F1 view, but flew perfectly straight in F6 view.

OK.

So after some more testing I have noticed that when you track the rocket in F6 view, it actually flies perfectly normal; no violent swerving around the laser track.

However, once you switch to F1 cockpit view, it'll start violently swerving again.

If you cycle between F6 and F1 views You'll be able to see the missile overcorrect trying to realign on the laser.

I was in Active pause while testing this, so aircraft maneuvers were not a variable in my testing; the rocket still wobbled in F1 view, but flew perfectly straight in F6 view.

So... fire the missile, then F6 until impact? That's slightly awkward.

So... fire the missile, then F6 until impact? That's slightly awkward.

Yep. I went ahead and mapped F4 chase, F6, and F1 views to my HOTAS. It may be a bit akward, but my BRMs are finally hitting their targets. :thumbup:

Hopefully Deka will have this fixed by next patch (whenever ED decide to ship it out. I hate SVN workflow :mad: )