Kiowa release date? - ED Forums

Notices

Old 05-21-2020, 02:07 PM   #1
BlacleyCole

Default Kiowa release date?

I’ve been a way for some time and I’m not up to speed on the Kiowa so has a first release date been said yet?

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.
BlacleyCole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2020, 02:56 PM   #2
WinterH

Not as far as I know. It may be this year, but that's all we know. Which is fine, as excited as I am, I'd say let them take their time .

Though, from fairly regular videos testers post on youtube, and Polychop share, it seems like it's coming along nicely thus far.
MiG-21Bis, Fw-190D, Bf-109K, P-51D, F-86F, Ka-50, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, Hawk T1A, C-101, FC3, A-10C, CA, Mirage 2000C, Gazelle, L-39, MiG-15Bis, F-5E, AJS 37 Viggen, Yak-52, Christen Eagle II, MiG-19, I-16, JF-17, F-14, F/A-18C, Fw-190A8, AV-8B/NA, Spitifre IX

Mods:
A-4E & MB-339

Utility modules:
Combined Arms, NS 430 GPS
WinterH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2020, 02:57 PM   #3
Polychop Simulations

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlacleyCole View Post
I’ve been a way for some time and I’m not up to speed on the Kiowa so has a first release date been said yet?
Hi BlacleyCole,

As the Kiowa Warrior is still in ongoing development and we do not plan on an early access release but rather a feature complete release, all we can say for now is that we aim for release in 2020.
Polychop Simulations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 05:26 AM   #4
kotor633

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polychop Simulations View Post
we do not plan on an early access release but rather a feature complete release
Personally, I find it a very good decision from you.
kotor633 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 06:04 PM   #5
R0NiN

Quote:
Hi BlacleyCole,

As the Kiowa Warrior is still in ongoing development and we do not plan on an early access release but rather a feature complete release, all we can say for now is that we aim for release in 2020.

With the flak that ED is receiving for the F-16, I can't blame Polychop one bit for going for a full release. Patience is a virtue. And a complete module is not a bad thing at all. Can't wait! I'm very excited for this to come to life.
R0NiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 12:55 AM   #6
ngreenaway

Quote:
Originally Posted by R0NiN View Post
With the flak that ED is receiving for the F-16, I can't blame Polychop one bit for going for a full release. Patience is a virtue. And a complete module is not a bad thing at all. Can't wait! I'm very excited for this to come to life.
That, and the fecal matter thrown at them over the gazelle (whether it was justified or not is subjective, I've enjoyed the bird) , as well as people's reception of the Jeff being as complete as it is (I wouldn't know, at this rate it'll be out of EA by the time stable players get to see what they've paid for)

In any case, I don't care if it's released feature complete or as a work in progress. I'm gonna enjoy this one either way. It's just a question of sooner or later?

Modules: All of them
System:
Spoiler:
I9-9900k, ROG Maximus , 32gb ram, RTX2070 Founder's Edition, t16000,hotas, pedals & cougar MFD, HTC VIVE
ngreenaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2020, 02:37 AM   #7
BlacleyCole

I’d prefer a complete version and not to ease unpaid tester or rather than a paying customer who ends up being a tester

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.
BlacleyCole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2020, 02:56 AM   #8
Eldur
Veteran

Good news indeed. As much as I like the early access releases (especially for learning things in steps and help improving things), a rather complete release is never a wrong thing to go for. And it will still have its "early access" (read: the usual issues that come with a module release) then with polishing to be done, but at least we won't have to wait for the vital features. I guess I should put some money aside for that bird to be ready when it drops
Old 05-26-2020, 10:12 AM   #9
Kappa

Quote:
Hi BlacleyCole,
we do not plan on an early access release but rather a feature complete release
Good choice

36° Stormo Virtuale - Italian Virtual Flight Community
www.36stormovirtuale.net
Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote