What are the most realistic modules apart from A10 and KA-50?

cba

Yeah, you really need to define "hard". Hard could be easy/medium to fly, but difficult to fight (MiG-21), easy systems but difficult to learn how to fly (UH-1), easy to fly with complicated systems employment (A-10C), or any combination. Of these, I find the Huey the most rewarding once you can hover, land under fire, and snipe a BTR-80 with rockets in a gunship.

As far as realism, I would put those three at the top of the realism category (though the other full DCS modules aren't any less realistic).

From my own experience;

Hardest to fly

1) UH-1H

2) MiG-21

3) A-10C

Hardest to use systems wise

1) A-10C

2) MiG-21

3) UH-1H

Most realistic

Unlistable - they're all equal

Intel i5-8600k | EVGA RTX 3070 | Windows 10 | 32GB RAM @3600 MHz | 500 GB Samsung 850 SSD

Hugh! ? 3) A-10C hardest to fly ? if you are not used to the USA system the A10 is complex but but not flying.

in the Sim the hardest to fly are 1) UH-1H

2) MiG-21 :) probably harder then RL ones :) :D P51 is up as well.. well they have all very different characters .. learning to take off and land and all basics the Su-25's are king they give you a great feed back

Fly it like you stole it..

The highest fidelity modules for modern era AC are the A-10C (not the FC3 A10A), Mirage 2000c (work in progress though - coming from BMS 4.33, you'll probably like this one like I do), Blackshark and the venerable Huey (one of my favs!). I think the MI-8 as well, don't have it so not sure.

The WWII stuff if pretty cool and mid/hi fidelity as well, the MIGs too (not the MIG-29 though - unfortunately). Any module starting with DCS is a mid/hi fidelity module (ie DCS: Huey or DCS: Mirage 2000c, etc).

Good luck!

DrDetroit

Edited by DrDetroit

Hugh! ? 3) A-10C hardest to fly ? if you are not used to the USA system the A10 is complex but but not flying.

in the Sim the hardest to fly are 1) UH-1H

2) MiG-21 :) probably harder then RL ones :) :D P51 is up as well.. well they have all very different characters .. learning to take off and land and all basics the Su-25's are king they give you a great feed back

I mean from that list of those 3, by no means is the A-10C hard to fly when in the sky!

P-51 is a bugger too!

Intel i5-8600k | EVGA RTX 3070 | Windows 10 | 32GB RAM @3600 MHz | 500 GB Samsung 850 SSD

Nearly all modules starting with "DCS:" are of very high fidelity. The only exceptions are the Hawk and C-101 which fall far short of the other DCS modules and even most of the FC3 aircraft at this point. Regardless, these are my thoughts on the modules (I have all except the trainers):

Hardest to fly:

1) Mi-8

2) UH-1

3) MiG-21Bis

Most difficult to learn systems:

1) A-10C

2) Mi-8

3) MiG-21Bis

Most difficult to use in combat effectively:

1) MiG-21Bis (air to air)

2) MiG-21Bis (anti-ship)

3) MiG-21Bis (air to ground)

P-51D, UH-1H, Mig-21, Dora, Mi-8MTV2, Sabre... pick anything not included in Flaming Cliffs 3. :P

It still bothers me that it is more difficult to attack multiple targets BVR with the F-15C than it is with the high fidelity F-16 in BMS. "Spamraam" in DCS doesn't even come close to what you can do with the F-16.

Anyway, I love the Mig-21 in DCS. Learning to fly it is a hoot.

• Like 1

P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | Spitfire Mk IX | P-47D | WW2 assets pack | F-86 | Mig-15 | Mig-21 | Mirage 2000C | A-10C II | F-5E | F-16 | F/A-18 | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | FC3 | Nevada | Normandy | Straight of Hormuz | Syria

In my opinion, there's no any hardest to fly aircraft in DCS. If you make exercises enough the title turns into funniest to fly.

About systems; To me, most difficult to learn is A-10C, but after time you'll get the logic and reflexes on HOTAS.

i7-2600 @3.4GHz | Corsair 16GB @1600MHz. | MSI GTX1660Ti Gaming X | Samsung 256GB SSD (Win10HPx64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

Mig 21 is coming up a lot. Don't know why, is it because it's tricky to land? I find any of the WWII planes 10x harder to take off and land than anything in the game. Still can't do it reliably.

1. WWII aircraft/AA refueling

2. Huey

3. Mi-8

Edited by Dappman

They are all easy to land when you respect the degre and speed appropriate = weight of weapon and fuel left .. landing maneuvers starts miles away.. it is just because we land heavy jets like ww2 aircraft at a guessing attitude that everything goes nuts :) an even then.. RL you better respect the manual :) they are all fun except SFM old aircraft in DCS to fly and learn .. the problem is what buttons to map on all aircraft. :)

Regarding BMS pretty much like a part of FSX is that I never regarded them as "Flight" simulators but more of a "Air Systems Simulators" ..

Fly it like you stole it..

As far as I know, the P51 is pretty friggin accurate. Along with the testimony of an A10 pilot who flies with P-51's for air shows, this video is right on the money as to how DCS does a startup, flight, and landing.

[ame]

[/ame]

[ame]

[/ame]

[ame]

[/ame]

I have my doubts about both of the German planes in lots of ways. Mostly because of what I have read about them, what I have seen pilots say about them, and how they perform against the Mustang in DCS. But that's only opinion.

I am not a pilot by any means so I can only go on what I research.

Edited by Zimmerdylan

Landing th 109 is not that hard, it's just a lot to do in a short amount of time that makes it hard.

All the dcs stuff is fairly hard initially. Even the mustang is hard to land the first few times.

The huey is fairly easy once you understand the flight dynamics. Landing can stll catch me out.

The a-10 has some of the hardest systems.

With enough time they all become easy. (even landing the 109)

Those German WWII AC are most demanding on take-off and landing, more than any other present in DCS but this is exactly what most look for.

If it was easy and a straight road to 100% success, would it be a simulation, would it be DCS ?

Imho all AC but the C101 and as some say Hawk are of excellent quality. Once the C101 and Hawk ger a decent FM they may be well worht the money, right now my C101 is parked as it is no fun to fly that boring plane. Some say the same about the Hawk ( which I dont have yet ).

If you prefer the MiG21 over the M2000 is your choice, if you prefer, clicki-clicki-MFD over actual hand work and style you choose the M2000, if you prefer old style russian planes for whatever reason...then the MiG21 would be yours.

Meanwhile DCS has so many planes for many different tastes, something should be in the box for you too.

The choppers may be the dot on the "i" in DCS.

Nothing comes easy in DCS, not even FC3 will work in 30 sec, you should always remember that.

If you purchase 3 High-End modules you will be good for 2016 if you take it serious; if you dive into it the right 3 modules they will carry you well into 2020 "LAUGH" A-10C Ka-50 and Mi-8 will keep you busy for years to come until you think you have exploited their possibilities ;)

One thing is sure, each day I learn new things in DCS, EACH AND EVERY DAY.

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X