Chuck's Ka-50 Black Shark Guide

Charly_Owl

Once I get to where I feel I can handle flying a campaign, I will certainly give those a try.

Thanks,

You can also try the the Deployment Campaign, it starts of fairly easy with the first few missions centered around getting to know the Navigation and different weapon systems.

You can also try the the Deployment Campaign, it starts of fairly easy with the first few missions centered around getting to know the Navigation and different weapon systems.

Great thanks for the tip, sounds like a good campaign to try as my first.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Description of controlls on page 5 is cut. It's quite importatn to me I just start lerning Ka-50 (1 week) and I try configure my hotas.

Take a look my mods :joystick: 

dcs_footer500.jpg

CPU: i7 7700 | GPU: GeForce GTX 1080 8GB DDR5 | Motherboard: ASUSTeK PRIME B250M-A | RAM: 2x16GB DDR4-2400 | Output: Kingston HyperX Cloud II | Edifier C2XD 2.1 | Controlls: Saitek X-56 Rhino | Saitek Flight Rudder Pedals | Saitek Multi/Radio/Switch Panels | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar | Elgato Stream Deck XL | OpenTrack with LaserClip | VoiceAttack with VAICOM Pro plugin

Hi ... just wanted to take advantage of this old thread being revived, to let you know how much your Guides have helped me to learn DCS over the years ... thanks a lot for sharing this amazing publications and giving them to the user community for free, you really are kind.

Best regards

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

With the release of 2.5 and the current sale on the Choppers, I am getting back into the KA-50 after a bunch of years. Loving the Black Shark in VR. Loving the new terrain and trees and the fact that you can now hide behind them. Hunting with the BS has never been this good.

And the real purpose of this post is a big thank you to Chuck for the awesome guide!

Gracias

Edited by lobo**

Lobo's DCS A-10C Normal Checklist & Quick Reference Handbook current version 8D available here:

http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/172905/

"Loving the new terrain and trees and the fact that you can now hide behind them."

Yup... Makes killing fast movers more viable ;)

Nvidia RTX3080 (HP Reverb), AMD 3800x

Asus Prime X570P, 64GB G-Skill RipJaw 3600

Saitek X-65F and Fanatec Club-Sport Pedals (Using VJoy and Gremlin to remap Throttle and Clutch into a Rudder axis)