Next aircraft speculation

Farlander

Next aircraft speculation

Hopefully it's something modern for the Red side.

But I think it will be Heatblur announcing a Tornado.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

What about the JAS-39A? Entered service in the mid 90s and should be less advanced the EDs Hornet.

In some ways a Jas 39A might actually be more classified then some versions of the Jas 39C.

For example the Jas 39A uses the Swedish developed Datalink system that was based on the Datalink used by the JA 37.

For the JAS 39C though the Datalink used depends on the customer.

For example Both Hungary and the Czech republic (Nato members)

have Jas 39C Gripens equipped with Link-16

(and thus lack the Swedish Datalink) in order to be Nato compatible

(The Swedish Datalink and Link-16 are not able to communicate with eachother)

so on that part a early Export Jas 39C might be easier in some ways then a Jas 39A.

(Swedish Jas 39C has both the Swedish Datalink for communication with Swedish assets and Link 16 to be able to cooperate with Nato assets etc)

Edited by mattebubben

A Tornado would rock! I'd be quite happy with an IDS or a GR1.

The GR1 is a Tornado IDS. It's just the british designation for the original variant of the IDS.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Well.... F18 Hornet is on sale right now and I dont think JAS 39 Grippen is so much more classified than F18... I mean, they are both new jets, they are more or less equivalent so.... Anyway... I am enjoying Viggen a lot and I have hope to fly JAS39 Grippen in DCS someday.... I would forget about F18 in a minute if JAS39 would come out...

Well.... F18 Hornet is on sale right now and I dont think JAS 39 Grippen is so much more classified than F18... I mean, they are both new jets, they are more or less equivalent so.... Anyway... I am enjoying Viggen a lot and I have hope to fly JAS39 Grippen in DCS someday.... I would forget about F18 in a minute if JAS39 would come out...

You see the difference comes in the fact that one is waiting to be phased out and the other isn't. USA is already mass producing and operating 5th gen fighters in numbers, so to them the F/A-18C is something obsolete waiting to be phased out. No such thing can be said for the Grippen however, as it is very definitely not being phased out.

DCS: MiG-23

[sIGPIC]

[/sIGPIC]

Make it happen, and take my money! :D

I don't want anything too new. Once it's all BVR and stand off weapons, the game becomes another version of Microsoft office. With the instant action nature of the missions and the lack of real consequence for losing a plane, there is little to do other than missile joust point and click.

For instance, if it were possible to make right now, I think an F35 module would be the most boring aircraft in the game.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Sadly, Gripen is still classified, as well as JA37 Viggen. Something with a data screen and possibly the data link.

Sadly, Gripen is still classified, as well as JA37 Viggen. Something with a data screen and possibly the data link.

Yep, we're just gonna have to wait. 30 years or so should do.

[sIGPIC]

[/sIGPIC]

Yep, we're just gonna have to wait. 30 years or so should do.

Well....not really. The feasibility of projects rest on far more than government classification of the documentation.

I mean this in both good and bad ways: documentation on modern aircraft where many systems are still classified is often feasible. On the other hand, the official documents long retired aircraft may still be classified and very difficult to obtain.

A salient example is the F-14 - retired for 12 years and the F-14A/B contains avionics largely developed in the 1960s - no security concerns there right? Well the US government still has kept all the official documentation classified save for the NATOPs manual and some principles of operation manuals. The details of the AWG-9, AIM-54A/C, data links, aircraft performance, and even some mundane avionics are out right secret. If you request the information from the official sources they will say no and there is no appeal.

And yet.....there are ways to obtain information and those official docs. :)

Similarly, the ability to obtain data is one of the critical parts of module development that is often under appreciated. A NATOPs or "flight manual" generally contains ~20-30% of the information that is needed to accurately reproduce an aircraft. If you actually sit down and read these manuals, you realize they are often quite vague and speak in generalities. Typically not enough to really model how something works. They also generally lack any information on weapons, sensors, real performance, ECM, etc. Obtaining all of these more obscure sources can be a ton of work and could make or break a project.

As ED has said concerning the P-47D, sometimes data is just not available simply because the info was destroyed or hidden somewhere without records of its whereabouts.

On the other hand, you may be able to find everything you need even for something quite modern. An outsider can't really predict what will or will not be feasible.

Now understand, I don't now what Heatblur plans to develop or release next and I am not aware of a JAS-39 or JA-37 in development (but I'm just a tester). Still, I've learned from recent experience that the range of options is broader than I expected, but simply not predictable. There is an element of luck with all of this, but I am so glad that they got lucky with their Tomcat documentation. :thumbup:

-Nick

The later versions of the Viggen had the early Grippen glass cockpit installed.

That's only for the fighter Viggen of course.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

Well....not really. The feasibility of projects rest on far more than government classification of the documentation.

I mean this in both good and bad ways: documentation on modern aircraft where many systems are still classified is often feasible. On the other hand, the official documents long retired aircraft may still be classified and very difficult to obtain.

A salient example is the F-14 - retired for 12 years and the F-14A/B contains avionics largely developed in the 1960s - no security concerns there right? Well the US government still has kept all the official documentation classified save for the NATOPs manual and some principles of operation manuals. The details of the AWG-9, AIM-54A/C, data links, aircraft performance, and even some mundane avionics are out right secret. If you request the information from the official sources they will say no and there is no appeal.

And yet.....there are ways to obtain information and those official docs. :)

Similarly, the ability to obtain data is one of the critical parts of module development that is often under appreciated. A NATOPs or "flight manual" generally contains ~20-30% of the information that is needed to accurately reproduce an aircraft. If you actually sit down and read these manuals, you realize they are often quite vague and speak in generalities. Typically not enough to really model how something works. They also generally lack any information on weapons, sensors, real performance, ECM, etc. Obtaining all of these more obscure sources can be a ton of work and could make or break a project.

As ED has said concerning the P-47D, sometimes data is just not available simply because the info was destroyed or hidden somewhere without records of its whereabouts.

On the other hand, you may be able to find everything you need even for something quite modern. An outsider can't really predict what will or will not be feasible.

Now understand, I don't now what Heatblur plans to develop or release next and I am not aware of a JAS-39 or JA-37 in development (but I'm just a tester). Still, I've learned from recent experience that the range of options is broader than I expected, but simply not predictable. There is an element of luck with all of this, but I am so glad that they got lucky with their Tomcat documentation. :thumbup:

-Nick

That does sound very good, but best to have no assumptions based on 'getting lucky'. That leads to some disappointments rather quickly. Better to have a pleasant surprise than an unrealized expectation.

[sIGPIC]

[/sIGPIC]

Concurrently, we’ve been organizing our future roadmap and plans. While our main focus during 2018 will be the full completion of the Viggen and polishing the F-14, we’ll be ramping up production on our future product roadmap as well. Jester AI, Navy assets, and other advanced, in-house technologies will be integral to ensuring that Heatblur products will be one of a kind moving forwards.

Doesn't sound good for the Tornado, because of the navy stuff :(

Tornado3 small.jpg

Doesn't sound good for the Tornado, because of the navy stuff :(

Sounds like he is just referring to the navy assets that will support the tomcat to me, not to do with next aircraft.

PC:

6600K @ 4.5 GHz, 12GB RAM, GTX 970, 32" 2K monitor.

Sounds like he is just referring to the navy assets that will support the tomcat to me, not to do with next aircraft.

I hope you're right. But creating all these assets for just a single plane? I don't know.

Tornado3 small.jpg

I'm gonna take an educated guess and say that this might have to do with the fact that there's still a potential F-14 operator out there who might benefit from that knowledge :smilewink:.

Kozality

Vargar 1-2

107th JAS

http://throughtheinferno.com/

I'm gonna take an educated guess and say that this might have to do with the fact that there's still a potential F-14 operator out there who might benefit from that knowledge :smilewink:.

Or ED just makes a trip to Iran (a country friendly to Russia) who still operate Tomcats...

But they already have all that info, since they obtained it with the aircraft and US based training. Even docs relating to the AWG-9 from the mid-70s are classified, so it isn't the Iran issue imho.

-Nick

• 2 weeks later...

It would be really awesome if we could get a chopper with Heatblur standard in DCS, and if it would be a Boeing Vertol 107 / CH-46 I would buy it instantly :)

I know this is more a "wish" post than a speculation... but seeing this video I can't help my self from posting ;)

Please ignore the comments and statements of thw wrong name/model etc. and enjoy the pilot and aircraft performance :)

It would be really awesome if we could get a chopper with Heatblur standard in DCS, and if it would be a Boeing Vertol 107 / CH-46 I would buy it instantly :)

I know this is more a "wish" post than a speculation... but seeing this video I can't help my self from posting ;)

Please ignore the comments and statements of thw wrong name/model etc. and enjoy the pilot and aircraft performance :)

+1!

As long as it's helicopters, I'm on it!

Why so many boooring airplanes?

Edited by Holton181

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

+1!

As long as it's helicopters, I'm on it!

Why so many boooring airplanes?

Because they're fast which makes them exciting, unlike a slow chopper :P

Tornado3 small.jpg