AIM-9X

Alphamale

Wags put out an update saying that they had *further* improved flare rejection (as well as HOBS) after the build you have installed was released - so it sounds like it will change in the next Open Beta update on Wednesday.

That exciting news. I'll check the scripts again next week to see if the cm probability factor has been replaced by a function (meaning that it has new CCM logic) or if it was just reduced.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry if I missed it elsewhere but will we get the aim-9x on any other aircraft?

No. Unless we get a new module in the sim that carries them.

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

I think the F-15C carries them.

Today's IRL F-15C does have 9X capabilities and often carries them. The version that is modeled in DCS is a much older variant and it does not have support for 9X. That is not to say ED can't add it, simply that it isn't there ATM.

With that said, I do not believe ED will add it to the FC3 version of the F-15C. I'm pretty sure Wags already stated that it wouldn't either.

Win 10 Pro 64Bit | 49" UWHD AOC 5120x1440p | AMD 5900x | 64Gb DDR4 | RX 6900XT

Today's IRL F-15C does have 9X capabilities and often carries them. The version that is modeled in DCS is a much older variant and it does not have support for 9X. That is not to say ED can't add it, simply that it isn't there ATM.

With that said, I do not believe ED will add it to the FC3 version of the F-15C. I'm pretty sure Wags already stated that it wouldn't either.

Fair enough. I'm one of those realism jerks so if it's not right I don't want it.