2017, Forum Moderation

NineLine

Yes, just read your post. Thanks for helping to make this such a great comunity, it really feels "cosier" than so many others:)

• Like 1

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Tempered Glass, Asus ROG Maximus IX Hero, Intel i7 7700K @ 4.8, Corsair HX 1000i, Nzxt Kraken 62, 32gb DDR4 3000Mhz Corsair Dominator Platinum, Nvme SSD Samsung 960 Evo 1Tb, Asus Strix OC 1080ti, Philips 43" 4K Monitor + 2 x Dell 24" U2414H, Warthog HOTAS, Track IR 5, Obutto R3volution, Buttkicker Gamer 2, MFG Crosswind pedals, Occulus Rift CV1, Windows 10 Pro.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ED Team
Yes, just read your post. Thanks for helping to make this such a great comunity, it really feels "cosier" than so many others:)

I cant stress enough, this post isnt about me, its about all of us, there isnt a community with out everyone here. I am just happy to play a small role in it all.

Thanks guys, even when times are frustrating, for making this a fun part of this hobby.

• Like 1

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

Yep, It comes down to a great community, that from what I see here, does help each other out in this high tech hobby of ours, most here like to discuss very interesting topics and give back and help others getting started and over the initial learning hump, so many things to constantly learn about here and to keep your head around, plus not to mention the initial setup. It’s hard to remember just how intimidating (Frustrating) it could be when getting started and up to speed in this hobby. It was nice when learning only the A-10C and the Black Shark to stay somewhat proficient at. Now we have too many options lol.

Good one BIGNEWY! Well deserved.

If you are new or having trouble getting setup, try not to get to heated and frustrated (Then post lol) just start a post in the appropriate forum section with as much information about the issue and include as much relative information, such as your pc specs and the guys here will do the best they can to help get you sorted out quickly.

• Like 1

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link

• ED Team

Thanks guys.

I try to get around to as many "help me" posts as I can, the great thing about our community is there is always someone willing to help.

• Like 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Gratz Bignewy! You've always been super helpful to me and over the last years as steady as a rock, well done.

My favourite part of this post has to be:

Moderator's attempt to be open and approachable....get unfriended on facebook.

No need to take the moral high ground there, it seems the low level can get lower...

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

I subscribe to a few forums, and I will say this forum has always been by far the best that I subscribe to.

It is the most civil, with members that show respect and are always willing to help no matter how stupid the question may sound. By far.

Great job to all of those involved, and congrats guys!

:thumbup:

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

• ED Team
I subscribe to a few forums, and I will say this forum has always been by far the best that I subscribe to.

It is the most civil, with members that show respect and are always willing to help no matter how stupid the question may sound. By far.

Great job to all of those involved, and congrats guys!

:thumbup:

Same for me, it is all about keeping it civil, respectful and helpful. I tried in other places but found them disrespectful on occasions to users and DCS, but I suppose that is the internet in a nut shell.

Edited by BIGNEWY

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• 2 months later...

Flanker 2.0

I remember Flanker 2.0! I think that sim was ahead of it's time from looking at system requirements on the box from the way we used to buy flight sims. I still have a Flaming cliff's manual. The books that used to be printed out and come with them I wished I would have saved all of them. Then I remember Flaming Cliffs and how it evolved to FC3. Then quickly came LOMAC. And then into years and DCS worlds and all the directions we have been led into with many great qualities and things present. I always enjoyed the original Russian Music theme in Flanker 2.0. Even years later with a much more powerful machine one could hardly or almost max out Flanker's settings. It really was some interesting work. I just wanted to say hello and I was hoping that maybe I could get a slight briefing or a link to any info regarding the Hornet project. Ya know, I remember once when everybody was jumping up and down one year when LOMAC was being almost ready to be released. Seemed like everyone was asking if the Hornets in LOMAC would be flyable and we would get a "No" answer from ED. :cry:

I have recently purchased the Mirage 2000 C. The whole action in DCS worlds is pretty stellar. Like flying low level and the overall action of the module is interesting. I purchased a really hot PC too that maxes out all the settings. That was a must!

Once during the LOMAC years I inquired to ED about how nice it would be to have a Hornet and they seem to understand but informed me that being a Russian development team the information at that time was classified so it made it impossible for ED to create a FA18, was what I was told. But now years later we have seen small peaks of possibilities and I was just hoping only because I have awaited for so long... well... maybe ... just maybe you could at least inform me if the Hornet project is still in the works or not. Hopefully it is. I'm thinking it is in my own mind. Last year Wagner had informed me politely that realistically a beta version could be released within next year which is now this year 2017. 03-20-17 today.

:joystick:

Alright... I do go back a ways. Flanker was the beginning wasn't it? Yup... from buying boxed up products with printed manuals and possible game updates on the website to DCS worlds and downloads to PDF manuals. It has been a nice ride.:thumbup:

So here I sit. With my MFG Crosswinds, Warthog system. Those beautiful German made aluminum desk mounts from Monster Machine co. An i78 core plasma cooled CPU with 32 Gigs or RAM. my little Gforce 980TI. Mackie HR8 Studio Monitors for sound. TrackIRv5.

I think you guys do the best work and are a leader in this industry. I have always been informed that it is a labor of love and it is a great deal of work involved with little to no profits. :cry:

So were lucky we have what we have. I hope we can get even more lucky.:smilewink:

Respectfully

Marc

...just maybe you could at least inform me if the Hornet project is still in the works or not.

Umm...

https://forums.eagle.ru/announcement.php?f=66

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=168861

Edited by cichlidfan

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Can someone tell me why I'm seeing Russian in the top of the header I speak English and for the life of me cant make out the Russian language, thanks

Never mind I fixed it. Thanks

Maybe someone else will have the same problem in the future. If you describe your solution, it might help them. :thumbup:

Come to think of it, you could post a quick message to Forum and Site Issues describing your problem and your solution, and then just post a link here to that other message.

Edit: And what Sobek said, obviously. ;)

My favourite part of this post has to be:

Moderator's attempt to be open and approachable....get unfriended on facebook.

No need to take the moral high ground there, it seems the low level can get lower...

Huh?

Edited by Echo38

I'll echo what others have said: this is by far the most helpful and respectful game forum I've used in 21 years of taking part in various internet fora. Compared to the rampant toxicity of some other game forums I've been a member of in the past the DCS forum is a veritable oasis of calm, tranquility & knowledge.

Good job moderator team, long may it continue :thumbup:

• Like 1

System Spec: Cooler Master Cosmos C700P Black Edition case. | AMD 5950X CPU | MSI RTX-3090 GPU | 32GB HyperX Predator PC4000 RAM | | TM Warthog stick & throttle | TrackIR 5 | Samsung 980 Pro NVMe 4 SSD 1TB (boot) | Samsung 870 QVO SSD 4TB (games) | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.

Personal wish list: DCS: Su-27SM & DCS: Avro Vulcan.

this is by far the most helpful and respectful game forum

What game are you talking about ? :D

• Like 2

Gigabyte Z390 Gaming X | i7 9700K@5.0GHz | Gainward Phantom GS RTX 3080 | 32GB DDR4@3200MHz | HP Reverb | TrackIR 5 | TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Croswinds | DCS PD 1.0 / Steam VR SS 170%