JTAC for KA-50 - Page 38 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 07-12-2017, 07:05 PM   #371
Kyuzo

It's broken on 1.5.7 (updated today). When launching DCS.exe never loaded more than 10% (couldn't even see a menu).
Kyuzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2017, 02:19 PM   #372
Home Fries

The mod has been updated to 1.5e, which now loads properly in DCS World 1.5.7/2.1.1.

The known issue was a matter of proper installation. I have revised the readme and re-uploaded 1.5e.

If you don't want to re-download the mod, here's the applicable portion of the readme:
Quote:
Installation:

This mod is in three parts:
1) The JTAC & AWACS Main mod
2) The Ka-50 module-specific mod
3) the Mi-8 module-specific mod

To use this mod properly, you must have the Main mod enabled. Then enable the module-specific mods for whichever modules you have installed (i.e. Ka-50/Mi-8). The reason for the separation is because if you don't have one of the modules (e.g. the Mi-8), installing the Mi-8 file will cause a crash to desktop.

The average naval aviator, despite the sometimes swaggering exterior, is very much capable of such feelings as love, affection, intimacy, and caring.
These feelings just don't involve anyone else.

My DCS Files and Skins
My DCS TARGET Profile for Cougar or Warthog and MFDs

Last edited by Home Fries; 11-25-2017 at 06:44 PM. Reason: Known issue was operator error; disregard.
Home Fries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2017, 03:28 PM   #373
Stretch

http://legallandconverter.com/p50.html

Other handles: Strikeout (72nd VFW, 15th MEU Realism Unit), RISCfuture (BMS forums)

i7-6700K@4.2GHz — Z170 — GTX 1080 8GB — 16GB DDR4-3000 — 256GB SSD + 6TB HD
Saitek X65F — PFC C2 Pro — Thrustmaster MFD Cougar — Saitek Pro Throttle Quadrant — Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals
HTC Vive — TrackIR 5
Win10 x64 — BMS — DCS — P3D
Stretch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 01:50 PM   #374
Showtime100

For those who have a problem in loading (halt at 10% after applying this mod)
(only tested on 1.5.8, ka-50, JTAC only - i don't know if this is working on 2.2 or MI-MTV2 or about AWACS)

1. Download latested 1.5e version in following link (DCS hompage -> Downloads->userfiles)

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.c...files/1874700/

2. unzip it & DELETE "me_action_db.lua" in following position

"your JSGME mod file folder\JTAC & AWACS for Ka-50 & Mi-8 (Main)\MissionEditor\modules

3. apply mods with JSGME
1) "JTAC & AWACS for Ka-50 & Mi-8 (Main)" first
2) "JTAC & AWACS for Ka-50 (Module)"

I wish this tip might help you.

Thank you
Showtime100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 09:01 AM   #375
Holton181

@Home Fries
Thanks for continuing your support for this. I have not yet tried it, but looks promising.

I have searched in this thread and elsewhere to find a way to enable JTAC in the Huey. I found this by Flagrum and thought it would work, but got a little bit hesitant when examined the content of this mod. It seems not to be that easy as only adding two lines in the comm.lua for the Huey, if I would like the same functionality as for the Ka-50 and Mi-8.

The last comment in this thread about this is from October 2014. A lot have happen since then (and will happen in a few days!).
Any plans for adding the Huey? I read a post by TurboHog why he had not yet added it, is it still valid?

Tanks!
i7-3820 3.60GHz
P9X79 Pro
32GB
GTX 670 2GB
VG278H + a Dell
PFT Lynx
TrackIR 5
Holton181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 02:28 PM   #376
Home Fries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holton181 View Post
@Home Fries
Thanks for continuing your support for this. I have not yet tried it, but looks promising.

I have searched in this thread and elsewhere to find a way to enable JTAC in the Huey. I found this by Flagrum and thought it would work, but got a little bit hesitant when examined the content of this mod. It seems not to be that easy as only adding two lines in the comm.lua for the Huey, if I would like the same functionality as for the Ka-50 and Mi-8.

The last comment in this thread about this is from October 2014. A lot have happen since then (and will happen in a few days!).
Any plans for adding the Huey? I read a post by TurboHog why he had not yet added it, is it still valid?

Tanks!
Holton,

Unfortunately, I no longer have the time to maintain this mod. I've actually been trying to transfer responsibility for it for the past 2 years (if anyone is interested, please speak up ). Right now, my plan is to release a final version for 1.5 once it becomes legacy, then hope somebody else takes the initiative.

The average naval aviator, despite the sometimes swaggering exterior, is very much capable of such feelings as love, affection, intimacy, and caring.
These feelings just don't involve anyone else.

My DCS Files and Skins
My DCS TARGET Profile for Cougar or Warthog and MFDs
Home Fries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 05:13 PM   #377
Holton181

Quote:
Originally Posted by Home Fries View Post
Holton,

Unfortunately, I no longer have the time to maintain this mod. I've actually been trying to transfer responsibility for it for the past 2 years (if anyone is interested, please speak up ). Right now, my plan is to release a final version for 1.5 once it becomes legacy, then hope somebody else takes the initiative.
Ah well, it's a pity but I understand and respect your decision. I really hope you find someone skilled to pass it on to eventually. Maybe when/if it stops working with the 2.x branch some in the community might finally step forward.
Thanks for your effort so far!
i7-3820 3.60GHz
P9X79 Pro
32GB
GTX 670 2GB
VG278H + a Dell
PFT Lynx
TrackIR 5
Old 01-25-2018, 06:50 PM   #378
Holton181

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
For those who have a problem in loading (halt at 10% after applying this mod)
(only tested on 1.5.8, ka-50, JTAC only - i don't know if this is working on 2.2 or MI-MTV2 or about AWACS)

1. Download latested 1.5e version in following link (DCS hompage -> Downloads->userfiles)

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.c...files/1874700/

2. unzip it & DELETE "me_action_db.lua" in following position

"your JSGME mod file folder\JTAC & AWACS for Ka-50 & Mi-8 (Main)\MissionEditor\modules

3. apply mods with JSGME
1) "JTAC & AWACS for Ka-50 & Mi-8 (Main)" first
2) "JTAC & AWACS for Ka-50 (Module)"

I wish this tip might help you.

Thank you
Try attached me_action_db.lua, corrected for present 2.2.
Attached Files
File Type: lua me_action_db.lua (78.9 KB, 68 views)
i7-3820 3.60GHz
P9X79 Pro
32GB
GTX 670 2GB
VG278H + a Dell
PFT Lynx
TrackIR 5

Tags
afac, black shark, jtac, ka-50, mi-8, r-828