JTAC for KA-50 - Page 2 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 08-20-2012, 10:42 PM   #11
Speed
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboHog View Post
Most servers and almost all open servers are not running SLmod.
Which wouldn't be the case if more missions/mods were designed for it
MIssion Scripting Tools (Mist): http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=98616
Slmod version 7.0 for DCS: World: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=80979
Now includes remote server administration tools for kicking, banning, loading missions, etc.
Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 12:27 PM   #12
TurboHog

Added a demonstration video to the first post...

Enjoy!
Old 08-21-2012, 05:21 PM   #13
TurboHog

Released the mod. See first post.

Your feedback (or simply appreciation) is welcome!
Old 08-22-2012, 06:48 PM   #14
S77th-ReOrdain

Send a message via Yahoo to S77th-ReOrdain

Thank you for this initiative TurboHog. It is a great addition for Shark Pilots.

However, I can't get JTAC to respond. I noted that originally, in the first post you wrote that the virtual Pilot could not be heard (something similar is stated in the documentation under current problems and limitations), but that comment has been removed from the the first post and replaced with the video demonstrating its use where the pilot can be heard. Am I confused about the limitation? I also noticed that in the video, you comment that the radio is tuned to channel 3 VHF FM 32.000 Mhz, but the documentation states that the frequencies should be tuned on the VHF AM (page 4 under R-828 frequencies and setup). Incidentally, I can get the JTAC menu dialogue to appear in AM or FM frequency, but can't get a response in either.
S77th-ReOrdain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 07:07 PM   #15
Weltensegler

Awesome job TurboHog!!
Thanks for that contribution!
--> https://www.youtube.com/user/weltensegLA
--> https://www.twitch.tv/weltensegler

WELD's cockpit: --> http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=92274
Weltensegler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 08:42 PM   #16
TurboHog

Quote:
Originally Posted by S77th-ReOrdain View Post
Thank you for this initiative TurboHog. It is a great addition for Shark Pilots.

However, I can't get JTAC to respond. I noted that originally, in the first post you wrote that the virtual Pilot could not be heard (something similar is stated in the documentation under current problems and limitations), but that comment has been removed from the the first post and replaced with the video demonstrating its use where the pilot can be heard. Am I confused about the limitation? I also noticed that in the video, you comment that the radio is tuned to channel 3 VHF FM 32.000 Mhz, but the documentation states that the frequencies should be tuned on the VHF AM (page 4 under R-828 frequencies and setup). Incidentally, I can get the JTAC menu dialogue to appear in AM or FM frequency, but can't get a response in either.
It is FM modulation. I discovered the AM mistake today...

You can't hear your own check-in line because there is a part that is not covered by the Russian voice. After some time the JTAC starts talking...

- Don't forget to tune in on a frequency. (Wait untill the light fades)
- Don't forget to set the SPU-9 selector to VHF-1 and check that VHF-1 master switch is in the 'on' position.
- Oh, and not every JTAC is on 32.000 VHF FM. See the channel table in the manual.

Then, by using the SPU-9 PTT, select the JTAC and start talking.

If you're having problems with the radio menu itself. Check this post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weltensegler View Post
Awesome job TurboHog!!
Thanks for that contribution!
Thanks! Your welcome

Last edited by TurboHog; 08-22-2012 at 08:45 PM.
TurboHog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 11:27 PM   #17
S77th-ReOrdain

Send a message via Yahoo to S77th-ReOrdain

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboHog View Post
It is FM modulation. I discovered the AM mistake today...

You can't hear your own check-in line because there is a part that is not covered by the Russian voice. After some time the JTAC starts talking...

- Don't forget to tune in on a frequency. (Wait untill the light fades)
- Don't forget to set the SPU-9 selector to VHF-1 and check that VHF-1 master switch is in the 'on' position.
- Oh, and not every JTAC is on 32.000 VHF FM. See the channel table in the manual.
TH,
Check, check, check and check. I had things set up properly, it just wouldn't work with the mission I was attempting to use it on. Made a scenerio from scratch and it works as advertised. Brilliant addition.

Thanks again.
S77th-ReOrdain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 11:48 PM   #18
TurboHog

Quote:
Originally Posted by S77th-ReOrdain View Post
TH,
Check, check, check and check. I had things set up properly, it just wouldn't work with the mission I was attempting to use it on. Made a scenerio from scratch and it works as advertised. Brilliant addition.

Thanks again.
Great! Good to know that it is working for other people.

More feedback always welcome! Wondering if anyone tried to use in multiplayer already? I've had no problems so far.

I've also released a training mission for this mod. Check it out here.
Old 08-23-2012, 03:23 AM   #19
Kegetys

Nice, it seems to work.

It also seems to be quite easy to modify the JTAC communications so that when flying the Ka50 it gives the coordinates to you directly in latitude/longitude. With minimal effort I already got it to say "north 42.6943212 east 41.6683924" by modifying 'Sounds\speech\nato.lua'. Maybe modifying ussr.lua would make it work on russian side as well.

Also if you copy around some of the differently named sounds under 'Sounds\Speech\Sound\ENG\DCS Ka-50\Player' so it matches 'Sounds\Speech\Sound\ENG\Common\Player' (many are missing but you can substitute some other sounds) you can hear your checkin as well. The errors of what files are missing come up in the error log/debug output.
Old 08-23-2012, 09:23 AM   #20
TurboHog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kegetys View Post
Nice, it seems to work.

It also seems to be quite easy to modify the JTAC communications so that when flying the Ka50 it gives the coordinates to you directly in latitude/longitude. With minimal effort I already got it to say "north 42.6943212 east 41.6683924" by modifying 'Sounds\speech\nato.lua'. Maybe modifying ussr.lua would make it work on russian side as well.

Also if you copy around some of the differently named sounds under 'Sounds\Speech\Sound\ENG\DCS Ka-50\Player' so it matches 'Sounds\Speech\Sound\ENG\Common\Player' (many are missing but you can substitute some other sounds) you can hear your checkin as well. The errors of what files are missing come up in the error log/debug output.
Hey man could you PM me the changes? I will add it in version 1.1. These things will be credited to you of course!

I've been trying to find what I had to change in NATO.lua but no luck.

For Russian side you must also make USSR units JTAC compatible. This makes mission incompatible with other players in multiplayer, I suppose.

EDIT:

HAHAHA the reason why the check-in line doesn't work is so extremely silly. Go to \DCS World\Sounds\Speech\Sound\ENG\DCS Ka-50\Player and find the folder named 'Weapons' there. Rename it to 'Weapon'

Will also include in manual 1.1

Last edited by TurboHog; 08-23-2012 at 09:37 AM.
TurboHog is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
afac, black shark, jtac, ka-50, mi-8, r-828