"1st Recon" SP/MP CAS mission (playable: A-10C, SU-25, KA-50, F-15C)

OK, here is my 2nd attempt at mission building. It is part2 of my idea for a "Haristvala Dawn" series (eventually it will be a campaign. well, maybe)

1) MP (currently, BLUE only) is available for A-10C (4ship), SU-25 (2-ship), KA-50 (2-ship), F-15C (2-ship)

2) Single player (with AI wingmen) is the same file with A-10C (2-ship) and UH1H (2-ship) available. Note: The UH1H gunship flight is just for fun and testing (hey, I have the module)

The mission was designed/tested for Single Player A-10C (That's what I fly), but I think it will be fun for any of the CAS capable aircraft and/or MP. Threats are both random and scripted and change based on what human pilots start the mission. If no human pilots a fixed wing CAS aircraft, then a flight of AI A-10s will be available. If no human pilots a CAP aircraft, then AI F-15s will be available. Both AI flights can be called in as needed (once they reach the marshall point)

I have never flown MP in DCS, so although I *think* everything should work correctly, I have no way to test it or know if it is setup correctly for MP play (feedback is appreciated).

The friendly ground forces will start moving towards the objective according to their timetable. However, you can radio request them to hold/resume at any time (as well as mark their position with flares). The recon team will also provide JTAC as they encounter targets. There will be both scripted and random targets as well as additional threats if certain aircraft are chosen.

Mission type: SP/MP

Controllable: A-10C, SU-25, KA-50, F-15C, UH-1H

- Provide CAS support to ground troops

- Both Random/Scripted targets and Radio commands to ground forces

- Goal/Score based on how many friendly units survive and if destination is reached

- Custom sounds & Radio Calls

- Uses Caucasus (2.5) map

The Situation:

The situation is escalating

Pro-Russian rebels are expanding their foothold across Georgia. Intel believes they may be establishing a stronghold in Tkibuli to defend the road thru the Nakerala Pass to Kharistvala and the Shaori Reservoir. Aerial recon has identified a small group of armored vehicles in the area. However, we believe that there may be more that are camouflaged.

Elements of 1st Recon (callsign: Whiplash) consisting of 6 HMMWV's will be pushing up the M17 (Kutaisi-Tkibilu) road into Tkibuli to identify any additional threats. LAV's (callsign: Hammer) will support that push from the rear.

A flight of F-15Cs (callsign: PONTIAC) will be available for CAP (However, there is no indication that the rebel forces have acquired any air assets at this time)

Mission:

Provide Close Air Support to 1st Recon. Whiplash must reach "Washington" and Hammer must reach "Oregon." You will assist in identifying and/or destroying any RED forces operating in the area. Remain on station until the ground forces have reached their destinations.

Here is the file:

HDawn1stReconv01.miz

Edited by prccowboy