A Better Value Purchase?

Rick1486

Hi everyone, I hope this is the right section to post this question, but if not then please mods move it to the correct one if you would.

In short, I've seen it is possible to purchase the (German (DE) edition) A10C Warthog extended edition including Combined Arms for around £15 -£16 from both Amazon Germany and some UK sites.

This is obviously far cheaper than purchasing from the DCS website, but if I were to purchase it would it simply install into DCS or would I need to download the individual modules and enter activation keys?

It's interesting that Amazon UK no longer sell the Warthog DVD/CD whereas it's readily available in Continental Europe.

Cheers

Rick

I don't think boxed editions are being made any more, but if you find one, you can use it to download up to date version of the module. Basically you just need the key printed inside the box and activate it in DCS.

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

Is safe to ask first about box version keys to ED. I think they are still 100% safe and valid but you dont loose anything asking first.

My Ka-50 box version key i still valid so i guess there is no problem with a DVD purchased on Amazon. A original one of course.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

I'd say it's safe to use.

They sold these boxed back when CA was released and the likely reason they aren't available in the UK anymore is that they managed to sell the remaining copies. They are cheaper than the online store because they dropped them in price since to free up the storage space. If I'm not mistaken they mostly contain an original DCS-Store compatible key and an old version on DVD, from which you can update then.

Just heard back from ED with the standard response

Dear users!

Only DCS World keys purchased from these locations are valid purchases and can be activated in the Module Manager:

DCS E-Shop

Steam

Heatblur Store

1C, Gamazavr and YuPlay in Russia

Acealpha in South Korea

Any DCS World keys purchased from other sources are invalid and are simply trying to re-sell keys that are bound to other users or purchased through fraud. Such sites include Kinguin, CDExpress and G2A.

If you purchase DCS World keys from these sites, we cannot help you. We suggest you contact these sites for a refund.

So, I've re-queried them as these are legitimate boxes from Amazon.de & grooves-inc.co.uk so I cannot fathom why ED would not honour these purchases.

Just heard back from ED with the standard response

Dear users!

Only DCS World keys purchased from these locations are valid purchases and can be activated in the Module Manager:

DCS E-Shop

Steam

Heatblur Store

1C, Gamazavr and YuPlay in Russia

Acealpha in South Korea

Any DCS World keys purchased from other sources are invalid and are simply trying to re-sell keys that are bound to other users or purchased through fraud. Such sites include Kinguin, CDExpress and G2A.

If you purchase DCS World keys from these sites, we cannot help you. We suggest you contact these sites for a refund.

So, I've re-queried them as these are legitimate boxes from Amazon.de & grooves-inc.co.uk so I cannot fathom why ED would not honour these purchases.

They talk about keys only. If you buy the physical DVD you can buy them from other sources. Keys on the other hand are only valid ones if they come from the list ED sent you.

Hi Red and the gang!

Just got this back from ED support after I sent them the links to the products;-

“Yes, you can purchase it, but note it's a old not updated copy.

You have to bind the key to your ED account, then download the last version of DCS World and download your modules via Module manager

Please read here

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/support/faq/400/#2164689

Best regards and many happy landings !”

So, I've now ordered it from Amazon.de and it's winging its way here with much money saved! Woohoo! Just got to follow the key binding and update procedure, so I suppose I wont even need to physically install the dvd.