[FIXED] Viggen kneeboard broken in DCS 2.5

Simon1279

I have missing textures, but also can not add custom pages. I can live without the map. I get the Viggen specific pages and nothing else. I had seen the mod, tried a few different things and none of them have worked.

I have no idea how to make a .lua file or what to do with one once I have created it. Unfortunately this makes the mod unusable for me.

Edited by tom1502

• Windows 10 Home - 64 Bit
  • Intel Core i7-9770K
  • 32GB DDR4 RAM
  • Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080Ti
  • Oculus Rift S

The guides need to be updated on when/how to use radar ranging instead of QFE, and which weapons require QFE. Last I checked, all the guides said to set QFE for every single weapon you plan to use.

The Viggen uses its height difference from the target (known through QFE) in conjunction with the known horizontal distance to target and the pitch angle in order to determine when to switch on the Radar during attack modes requring radar ranging.

If QFE is not set reasonably accurately, the radar will not switch on at the right time to perform its ranging function which can result in it switching on to early or late.

That's why you should set QFE.

I had seen the mod, tried a few different things and none of them have worked.

The mod works like every other does. Just copy it over the installation directory. Or use mod manager tools like JSGME/OvGME. It is explained in the thread.

And the other thread explains the issue step by step.

Sorry, but I have followed your instructions - step by step - and as I stated it doesn't work. I just get a transparent kneeboard after all of the standard pages have been through. I also still have no map showing. So, as I said before...the mods don't work. Exactly the same as the pictures in the OP.

Edited by tom1502

• Intel Core i7-9770K
  • 32GB DDR4 RAM
  • Oculus Rift S

You probably did something wrong since they work for me and others. Note that the folder needs to be put into the DCS installation directory, not in Saved Games.

Other than that, can't help you much with that problem as long as you don't provide a detailed description of all steps you took.

You probably did something wrong since they work for me and others. Note that the folder needs to be put into the DCS installation directory, not in Saved Games.

Other than that, can't help you much with that problem as long as you don't provide a detailed description of all steps you took.

Done that. Like I said, followed step by step. Doesn't work.

• Intel Core i7-9770K
  • 32GB DDR4 RAM
  • Oculus Rift S

• 1 month later...
Yep, fix in progress.

Any news on this Cobra? Been a while now. Still got the 'missing textures' images on the kneepad.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

I also have the missing textures, but more interestingly, I did notice that on 2.5 Stable I can change pages, but on 2.5.1 Beta I can't change pages on the kneeboard. On a positive note the the load times and frame rates are much better on 2.5.1. Update: I went back to the Viggen, and built a new mission and sure enough the pages changing, so I'm guessing I just had a glitch.

Edited by RallyNH
Correction

I don’t have that issue in 2.5.1. Pages change ok for me.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

I'd like to also add that i'm having the same issue myself. Purchased during the Heatblur sale, proper install no problems but the kneeboard is a no go. As what has been said, no textures and all of the maps and informational pages regarding airports/strips are all blank. Currently running 2.5.1

Cobra stated in another thread that issue is fixed, but not included in recent patch.

Sorry if this is what is referred to above, but the kneeboard is broken in Open Beta 2.5.1.16978. I only just updated, so I don't know how long this update has been out. The kneeboard opens, but shows one page only and won't go to next or previous pages. The displayed page happens to be on that I added, if that matters.

Thanks,

Paul

Sorry if this is what is referred to above, but the kneeboard is broken in Open Beta 2.5.1.16978. I only just updated, so I don't know how long this update has been out. The kneeboard opens, but shows one page only and won't go to next or previous pages. The displayed page happens to be on that I added, if that matters.

Thanks,

Paul

The fix should be released on next Wednesday's data patch from ED(23/5), last patch was previous Wednesday, it was fixed/submitted after that patch. (or its deadline)

Edited by Lithion
added date

T.16000m HOTAS + Pedals || TrackIR5 ||

Win10 64bit || 120+500GB SSD, 1TB HDD || i5 4440 @3.3GHz || 16GB RAM @ 1600MHz || GTX1070 G1 ||

FCIII, L39ZA, AJS-37, Normandy '44, Persian Gulf, Channel

F/A-18C, Bf-109 K-4, WW2 Asset Pack, CA, P-47, F-16

Thanks,

Paul

The mentioned fix by Cobra is not in the DCS OB version 2.5.1.16978(two weeks old? not shure anymore). The fix will be included in the next patch released by ED, which should be wednesday the 23rd with the release of the PG map.

Edit: Got :gun_sniper: by Lithion :D

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1, F-4E Phantom II

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

Not mentioned in changelog. Has it been fixed?

Odd bug for me.

Custom kneeboard pages were working (when the rest of it was broken) now vanilla kneeboard pages work but not the custom ones.

EDIT : Nevermind, seems that the folder where you gotta put the custom files have changed.

Now instead of putting them in

DCS World\Mods\aircraft\AJS37\Cockpit\scripts\KNEEBOARD\indicator\CONTENT

you place them in

DCS World\Mods\aircraft\AJS37\Cockpit\scripts\KNEEBOARD\pages

Means that .lua of custom pages needs to modified OR like I did with funkyfranky's kneeboard, you put the .lua in the KNEEBOARD\pages folder, and the .png in the KNEEBOARD\indicator\CONTENT folder.

Edited by Esper

Wow, such landing, much no gear, so slide...

T.16000M FCS HOTAS

Owned : Flaming Cliff 3 | Mig-21Bis | AJS-37 Viggen | F/A-18C | F-5E | Mirage 2000c | F-14B | Ka-50 | JF-17

Wishlist : F-4 | Mi-24 | MiG-23 | F-15E | F-16

Dev. Wishlist : Tornado | Mirage F1 | MiG-25 | F-104 | Étendard/Super Étendard | Saab 35 Draken | JAS-39 Gripen A