I don't understand De-/Activation

guealz

I beg your pardon, but I don't understand your De- and Activation process.

You write "... that deactivations are utilized to save your activations when ...".

Does this mean that when I deactivate my modul I still have 10 activations?

But after deactivation I must activate it again else I can't play, which costs me one of my "activation credits", right?

I don't understand this. How do I save activations?

How exactly do I deactivate my moduls?

Is it the

modulmanager - installed - grey/green button or DRM button

Unfortunately I did a clean reinstall of my PC because it caused a lot of troubles.

Before reinstall I clicked the green button, it turned to grey and I thought that I now saved an activation, i.e. I still have 10 activations, but it sounds that I'm not right.

Is the correct? But was this a deactivation now?

How can I determine how many activations and deactivation credits are left?

So, even to deactivate my moduls and only to activate it for playing to avoid some PC crashes or to switch between my two PCs depending on their current use costs activation credits of any kind (de-/act.)?

Lost in De-/Activation

Guenter

The only time you need to de-activate and activate modules is when you're migrating from one PC to another, making hardware changes to current computer, or changing OS.

Re-installing DCS doesn't require this since the DRM is really about binding modules to your PC, not DCS to your PC.

The "grey/green button" is just for disabling modules.

Log in to your profile on DCS Homepage and activations remaining can be found there.

I'm also trying to see how many activations I have. But they are not listed on the Home page. I also looked at my profile, the Orders, and Details of my orders and they are not listed anywhere. So, I did a search using the Search box at the top of the Homepage. Nothing showing where the activations were was found.

EDIT:

Never Mind. I found it.

You have to copy the key for every aircraft and paste it in the License Check textbox and do a Check on each license to find the Activations left. That's annoying.

Edited by Snacko

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -    Thread   | Download

I don't see my NTTR or Normandy purchase in my Orders. Where are they???

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

i have just been through this the process is fairly straight forward. for each module you do the following.

click on the drm button

a dialog appears. select activate or deactivate this changes the dialog panel.

this is the not so obvious there is a button for activating a module but to deactivate a module you need to click on the blue hyper text saying deactivate module.

follow the prompt, when you click the button the process precedes and a fee seconds latter it say deactivation successful and tells the number activation remaining, in my case that's 9 which i think is not correct. (says 10 in my profile page?)

you also need to be on line to activate/ deactivate modules.

to check the state of any of your modules log into your account (profile not the forum) go to the module click on details high light the serial number right click and copy it then paste it into the license check field and click check.

this will open a tab on your browse showing you details of that modules status.

it's a bit of a process to do all your modules but it is what it is.

sorry about all lower case but windows ate my usb ports. :mad:

Control is an illusion which usually shatters at the least expected moment.

Gazelle Mini-gun version is endorphins with rotors. See above.

Currently rolling with a Asus Z390 Prime, 9600K, 32GB RAM, SSD, 2080Ti and Windows 10Pro, Rift CV1. bu0836x and Scratch Built Pedals, Collective and Cyclic.

i think these are managed differently.

Currently rolling with a Asus Z390 Prime, 9600K, 32GB RAM, SSD, 2080Ti and Windows 10Pro, Rift CV1. bu0836x and Scratch Built Pedals, Collective and Cyclic.

Should be there allright, but only part of the orders table is displayed on the first page. Are you sure you clicked the next one?

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

Umm no, not for me, the only map related drm I have is WW2 assets pack neither Normandy or NTTR show in my installed modules. Hence why I assumed they were handled differently?

Perhaps I have missed something. :cry:

The only reason I going down this path is I have a need to maybe fully reinstall win 10 as I have usb issues and went through the deactivation process just this weekend, it's still pending. :music_whistling:

Yes somethings wrong if the Orders listing doesn't show All of your orders.

Sent from my Moto Z Play using Tapatalk