Additional USA Logbooks for DCS World (USN, USMC and USAF)

This mod allows your logbook pilot to fly for the United States Navy and the United States Marine Corps in addition to the default United States Air Force. The mod optionally substitutes the USAF Aggressors with the USN or USMC, providing either with their own sets of insignia and share a set of medals. Additionally, the existing default USAF medals will now include the "Combat V" as applicable. Finally, additional Norwegian squadrons (added by CHSubZero with permission) are included in the package.

USN Logbook and USN/USMC medals:

goose%20logbook.jpg

Here's the OvGME mod for DCS World 2.5.2 and later.

And the original JSGME mod for DCS World 1.5.8 Legacy.

Edited by Home Fries
Updated for 2.5.2
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

USN Logbook

Home Fries,

Ok, I have a renamed Mod folder in DCS World Open Beta.

Have created a file in there called USN logbook

Opened your Mod & copied Mission editor, scripts & sounds to my new file USN Logbook.

Opened JSGME & my USN logbook filed showed there so I activated it, & closed out of JSGM.

Opened DCS world open beta went into options selected my squadron HAL-3 Seawolves every thing showed except rank showed as 2nd Lieut & not Ensign, what have I done wrong ?

Hope you can pick my error,

Thanks for your help

I'm assuming this is your folder structure:

\DCS World
  \Renamed_JSGME_Mods_Folder
     \USN Logbook
        \Logbook Addons - USN_USMC for DCS World 1.2.6
           \DCS World
              \MissionEditor
              \Scripts
              \Sounds
        \Logbook Addons - USAF for DCS World 1.2.6 (requires USN_USMC)
           \DCS World
              \MissionEditor
              \Scripts
              \Sounds

What it needs to be is this:

\DCS World
        \MissionEditor
        \Scripts
        \Sounds
        \MissionEditor
        \Scripts
        \Sounds

EDIT: Disregard the first; I just read your post more carefully. Your structure should be similar to the second set of folders.

If you are seeing Second Lieutenant, you are likely selecting "USA" as your country; you need to select "USA-Navy" to see the Ensign shoulder board.

Edited by Home Fries

I'm assuming this is your folder structure:

\DCS World
     \USN Logbook
           \DCS World
              \MissionEditor
              \Scripts
              \Sounds
           \DCS World
              \MissionEditor
              \Scripts
              \Sounds

What it needs to be is this:

\DCS World
        \MissionEditor
        \Scripts
        \Sounds
        \MissionEditor
        \Scripts
        \Sounds

EDIT: Disregard the first; I just read your post more carefully. Your structure should be similar to the second set of folders.

If you are seeing Second Lieutenant, you are likely selecting "USA" as your country; you need to select "USA-Navy" to see the Ensign shoulder board.

Home Fries,

Thanks for all that info, looks like I had it right all along , just didn't select "USA-Navy" told you I was a "little bit thick".

Thanks again for all your help & for such a great Mod

Version 1.2.6a is up. It fixes an ED bug with the Australian medals and adds some USMC Cobra squadrons.

Note: despite the version number, this is compatible with DCS World beta version 1.2.7.22412.

Edited by Home Fries

• 3 weeks later...

USN Logbook

Home Fries, you helped me out in adding the USN Logbook to 1.2.7 Open Beta using JSGME which works great ,my question now is can I add this logbook to DCS world 1.2.7 whilst still retaining the logbook in 1.2.7 Open beta.

Have tried to use JSGME for DCS World but it only shows the Open Beta string & I can't seem to change it, so I thought it could only be installed in one game at a time using JSGME.

Your help once again would be appreciated.

Thanks & regards

baz,

The default logbook related files haven't changed since 1.2.6 so you can use the mod in 1.2.7 with no problems. However, you need to map the mod to the DCS World folder instead of the DCS World.Openbeta folder. Whether you do that by copying your GME Mods folder or copying the mod itself and renaming the nested folder in the mod to DCS World is dependent on your configuration.

Take a look at the folder structure a few posts up and make sure your structure conforms.

baz,

The default logbook related files haven't changed since 1.2.6 so you can use the mod in 1.2.7 with no problems. However, you need to map the mod to the DCS World folder instead of the DCS World.Openbeta folder. Whether you do that by copying your GME Mods folder or copying the mod itself and renaming the nested folder in the mod to DCS World is dependent on your configuration.

Take a look at the folder structure a few posts up and make sure your structure conforms.

Home Fries,

Thanks for getting back to me, & I now have USN logbook in DCS world 1.2.7 & DCS world 1.2.7 Open Beta.

Have 2 JSGME shortcuts on the desktop. one for DCS world & one for the Open beta, don't know if that's the correct way it should be but it's working for me.

Thanks again for the swift response & a solution.

Baz

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 years later...

Any way to see Swiss Airforce?

X-Plane 11.5x / DCS 2.5.6 / P3Dv5 / Aerofly FS 2 / War Thunder

Win10-x64 | ASUS Z390 Maximus VI | Intel i7-9700K @3.6GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB DDR4 | 6TB SSD Samsung 850 Pro | 2TB M2 PCI 4x | ASUS GTX 1080 ROG STRIX 8GB DDR5X | TM Hotas Warthog | Saitek Combat Pedals | Oculus Rift S

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Version 2.5.41 is up. It supports the DCS 2.2.4.27430 hotfix.

Great mod!

Is there a compatible version now that we have the F-14 ?

Hangar
FC3 | F-14A/B | F-16C | F/A-18C | MiG-21bis | Mirage 2000C ... ... JA 37 | Kfir | MiG-23 | Mirage IIIE
Mi-8 MTV2

system
i7-4790 K , 16 GB DDR3 , GTX 1660 Ti 6GB , Samsung 860 QVO 1TB

Is there a compatible version now that we have the F-14 ?

It should already be compatible with the latest OpenBeta; the db_countries.lua hasn't been updated since before the Tomcat came out. And VF squadrons have been in the mod since day 1. :thumbup: