[ART] Afterburner Texture

SignorMagnifico

There is a significant difference for me with the afterburner textures of the Viggen. When observing my own plane, I cannot see the conical flame produced from the end of the aircraft when on afterburner 3. However, I can see the flame when observing the aircraft of others (such as in multiplayer). Should there be a flame coming out of the end of the aircraft in AB3?

attachment.php?attachmentid=216223&d=1566774326

attachment.php?attachmentid=216224&d=1566774326

Edited by SignorMagnifico

i7-8700k OC to 5.1GHz, Sound BlasterX AE-5, Creative Sound BlasterX H7 Tournament Edition, Asus ROG Maximus X Code

Corsair Dominator DDR4 32GB 3200MHz, EVGA RTX 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra Hybrid, Acer Predator XB271HU WQHD IPS Monitor, Logitech G510S, Anker 8000DPI Gaming Mouse, HOTAS Warthog, Thrustmaster TFRP Pedals, Track IR 5, Windows 10 Professional, https://www.youtube.com/c/iflyflightsims

The bottom one looks like the old afterburner texture, the AI also uses it. Whether the flame should be there or not ends up being very subjective because afaik it depends not just on the engine/thrust, but also on the lighting conditions, so it's pretty much impossible to get it right.

• 10 months later...