Liking the M2000 Much!

flameoutme

I own the 18, 14, now 16, F-5E and the M2000. Of them all I like the M2000 best. Complex enough to be a challenge, simple enough to have fun.

One thing that stands out I've noticed is the visual damage and crash modeling. Ranges from spectacular to frightening. Noticed the hand up when the pilot is dead in the cockpit? Scary.

I am just into the 2nd mission of the campaign. I thought it clever how they worked in training into scenario.

I was flying with the English cockpit but switched to French for the realism.

Well done!

What I liked the most about the Mirage is the neat training missions and follow-on Campaign .. also the Definitive Manual was really good. Pity that currently there is only a single DLC Campaign for it ... I'd love to have another Campaign for the Mirage, set on the Persian Gulf.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

I own the 18, 14, now 16, F-5E and the M2000. Of them all I like the M2000 best. Complex enough to be a challenge, simple enough to have fun.

One thing that stands out I've noticed is the visual damage and crash modeling. Ranges from spectacular to frightening. Noticed the hand up when the pilot is dead in the cockpit? Scary.

I am just into the 2nd mission of the campaign. I thought it clever how they worked in training into scenario.

Well done!

Agreed!! To me this is one of the best modules in DCS.

ASUS ROG G701VI-XS72K 17.3" - i7 7820HK - GTX 1080 8GB - 32 GB 2666mhz - 512 GB SSD - Win10 Pro 64-Bit - T̶r̶a̶c̶k̶I̶R̶5̶ - Samsung Odyssey HMD!! (Amazing!!) - X56 Rhino HOTAS

I am a bit biased because I'm french, but I must agree. Yet, I am really looking forward to put my hand one day on a M2000-5 and launch some fox-3 :joystick: !

F-16C, M2000C, Persian Gulf

Ryzen 5 3600, RX 5700 XT, 32GB ram, Odyssey HMD+, Home-made TrackHat, X56 Hotas.

• 3 weeks later...

Well done!

Yessss :thumbup: ! This could be my own words.

• and it transmits the most natural "feeling of flying" among the F-15/16 and FA-18, dispite its fly by wire (FBW) technology (Dassault was even the first company who indroduced FBW during an airshow in 1989 in a M2000)
  • Why? Because it is less forgiving! Much of the steering really depends on the pilot, and it is not overcontrolled, unlike in the DCS F-16 and F/A-18 and how ED depicted these aircrafts FLCS's.
  • If you don't care of your energy and how the aircraft responds to your imputs, it can be very very fast that "The Chasseur" is kissing the ground underneath your butt - and this can be really challenging and funmaking, what I like soooo much :D (unlike to the other DCS ingame FBW models, which are a lot more forgiving, if you - as the stick actor - put the wrong inputs).
  • on the other hand it is a hell of a dogfighter, very very nimble, with the best nose authority currently in DCS. It gives me so much fun during dogfights, and it is not underpowered unlike the F-5 (which is even only a dayfighter).
  • and because of its delta wing structure it can soar to highs savely, of which your opponents can only dream about.
  • and besides all of this this aircraft is just a beauty :D. Only caveat for me: it doesn't offer an arc free canopy like the Viper's cockpit.

I wish RAZBAM would come up with their Mirage Midlife Overhaul anytime soon, and I wish BalticDragon would like to create more of his special and awesome Mirage 2000 content/missions.

All the best.

Edited by NevSmith

Careful what you wish for, NevSmith.. I am finishing a 3-mission mini-campaign in Persian Gulf that will be linked with the Red Flag campaign...

Really, not kidding me Baltic Dragon :D ? These are excellent news; your https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/products/campaigns/m-2000c_red_flag/ is still and by far my most favourite one.

I assume that your clue and last listet point in the M-2000C Red Flag Campaigns feature list -

• Preparation for upcoming DCS campaigns in the Persian Gulf

- links to your hint in your comment above ?! - this would be awesome !!!

Cheers and all the best.

Edited by NevSmith

Yes good news ! I've just bought the M2000c and Baltic Dragon's red flag Campaign so I've not started yet, but a mini Campaign in PG map sounds great !

I've just bought the module because good Rep, Razbam/AdA connection (converting french pilots use DCS's M2000c !), and ongoing work on the module, all this overcoming the fear that limited role would also limit the interest over for exemple F18c.

I don't regret it's a superb module ! feels great to fly and operate it in all aspects. I now considerate it's a must have.