So far so good

Mobius_cz

I like it. Landings are still a little iffy for me, Trying to find that sweet spot for touchdown speed, but over all already with just a few attempts it's ending better than my typical FW-190 landing. When I have time I'll look for a tutorial.

Silly question. What's the master arm switch at the top of the front dash called in the controls. I looked at weapon master arm, gun master arm, weapon master arm... after scrolling through everything two or three times I still missed it. Other than that all good. Thanks!

Yes have to be very careful not to rip wings off, not exactly what i've read from pilot memoirs.

And unfortunately i was right about sounds, they are even worse than i tought...:cry:

Other than that, i'm actually very impressed! It seems to have all good and especially bad habits it is so well known :)

Climbing is great, i can out-turn 'stang at lower speeds but p-51 definitely have upper hand in higher speeds. Escaping with long dive is almost always big mistake :)

After one hour of flying, all in all my feelings about it are very positive, it'll need some tuning here and there but i believe once ready it will be awesome.

CPU: Intel Core i7-2600k @3.40GHz | Motherboard: Asus P8P67-M | Memory: Kingston 8GB DDR3 | OS W10 | GPU: Sapphire R9 290x 8GBDDR5 | Monitor: Samsung Syncmaster 24" | Devices: Oculus Rift, MS FFB 2 joystick, Saitek X 52 Pro throttle, Saitek Pro pedals, Gametrix Jetseat

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yes have to be very careful not to rip wings off, not exactly what i've read from pilot memoirs.

And unfortunately i was right about sounds, they are even worse than i tought...:cry:

You should totally get in touch with Diveplane. :D

He made that FW190 roar!

You should totally get in touch with Diveplane. :D

He made that FW190 roar!

I know, i have that mod :)

I believe he is already working with DB sounds...

CPU: Intel Core i7-2600k @3.40GHz | Motherboard: Asus P8P67-M | Memory: Kingston 8GB DDR3 | OS W10 | GPU: Sapphire R9 290x 8GBDDR5 | Monitor: Samsung Syncmaster 24" | Devices: Oculus Rift, MS FFB 2 joystick, Saitek X 52 Pro throttle, Saitek Pro pedals, Gametrix Jetseat

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

If you did some research into Diveplanes work he states he tried to get it as close as possible since there isnt a flying Dora with that engine left to use as reference.

Default sounds are worse though but I can live with it untill there is a replacement.

That climbrate is amazing!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• ED Team

If you guys think there is an issue with the sounds please open a bug thread about it, cite your sources for what you think is correct, trying to submit good quality recordings, not ones with a lot of distortion and such as you might get on youtube... If you can show there is an issue I will submit a bug report, but just saying the sounds suck doesnt help anything.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

If you guys think there is an issue with the sounds please open a bug thread about it, cite your sources for what you think is correct, trying to submit good quality recordings, not ones with a lot of distortion and such as you might get on youtube... If you can show there is an issue I will submit a bug report, but just saying the sounds suck doesnt help anything.

Well it's too late for me right now but i'll do it tomorrow if no one has already done by then.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Not with feedback like that.

That shouldn't be a negative feedback. I know it is in beta. Here are some videos and you can clearly hear that it sounds brutal and "whining". I don't know if DCS sound engine can handle such details.

(3:09 :music_whistling:)

If you did some research into Diveplanes work he states he tried to get it as close as possible since there isnt a flying Dora with that engine left to use as reference.

Default sounds are worse though but I can live with it untill there is a replacement.

That climbrate is amazing!

Hopefully Diveplane will create a great mod for the K-4 and to be honest he should just create a WWII pack with all the different birds coming out. One download to hear them all so to speak. Mustang, Dora, 109, P-40, and hopefully the P47 soon enough.

first impressions so far...well from the usual beta bugs its definitely a lovely bird i think in future once the most glaring issues are fixed...

i really like the overall handling of it.take off and landings are nice.

what i really love in that bird so far is the rudder behaviour.flying on the ball is a joy with it!

also, ill have to take a closer look at that today, but in the 109 other than in the 190(maybe thats improved now with that patch?) the afn2 gauge actually shows with a "red but not so red" signal light in the center that you just past a beacon, and even the default ones on the map!

there are some annoying bugs with it, but i hope that the devs fix most of them until its out of beta, and i also really hope that also after that they dont forget about this bird. i think its a legend already.

Thanks !

Hum, I've launched the beta version and on the main menu under the Bf.109 icon, it was writen 2.0.0

2.0.0 also known as the Eternaly Delayed Graphical Engine (EDGE) !

Then I've downloaded the Bf.109 and everything got back to normal, 1.2.12 under the Bf109 icon :(

Edited by Eight Ball