SVI mode?

Shively

Hi,

Was just looking for some information on the 'special' mode for the Super 530.

I understand that this is supposed to be the "HUD scan" mode, but was looking for some more in-depth information about employment procedure with this mode. If anyone knows, I'm particularly interested in how it goes about acquiring targets (I'm assuming it auto-locks as in the other CCM?) and what the exact parameters of its scan are. Oh, and any information about its advantages and disadvantages might be helpful as well - having a bit of a hard time figuring out when one might actually be able to use this mode with DCS' handling of model visibility being what it is.

Just thought I'd make a new thread because I haven't seen much discussion of this mode in particular just yet, so I'm figuring other people would like to know some more about it as well.

Thanks!

It roughly scan within HUD field of view.

It locks targets within 10Nm like others CCM modes.

It's only available with Super 530D selected instead of Vertical Scan (available for Magic & Gun only).

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

With the special modes select fwd/aft when 530 is selected. Repeated press of special modes forward will cycle through the subset of forward modes and similarly for rear.

Conceptually if you think of 6 special modes A B C of forward type and D E F of aft type repeated presses of the forward switch will go A B C A B C A B C A... and aft D E F D E F D E F D....

Do you know what the exact region it scans is? I'm assuming it's not to the edges of the HUD's glass in all directions but more of a circular area around an invisible boresight, right?

Do you know what the exact region it scans is? I'm assuming it's not to the edges of the HUD's glass in all directions but more of a circular area around an invisible boresight, right?

I've been testing it just now and I did lock a target that was just wide of the HUD, whether this was down to my point of view or something else I'm not sure, I'll dick around with it more and see what I can find out.

/да бойз/

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I've been testing it just now and I did lock a target that was just wide of the HUD, whether this was down to my point of view or something else I'm not sure, I'll dick around with it more and see what I can find out.

From the manual:

"HUD Scan is available only when the Super 530D missiles have been selected. The radar

covers the entire HUD area, a 20º wide cone."

i9-9900K @ 5.1GHz | MSI Ventus 3X OC RTX3090 24GB | 64GB 3200MHz DDR4 | Asus ROG Strix Z390-E | Asus Xonar DGX 5.1 Sound Card | Virpil T50CM2 base w/ F/A-18C / A-10C / Virpil T50CM2 Grip | WinWing Super Taurus Throttle | MFG pedals | TekCreations Hornet UFC, Landing Panel, Right Console | WinWing Hornet Combat Ready Panel | Buddy Fox UFC | Foxx Mount | 3 x TM Cougar MFD | HP Reverb G2 | Wacom Intuos S (with VRK) | Honeycomb Alpha Yoke | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | CH Fighter Stick Pro & Throttle | MS Sidewinder 2 FFB | Track IR 5 | Oculus Rift CV1

善く戦う者は、まず勝つべからざるを為して、以て敵の勝つべきを待つ。

From the manual:

"HUD Scan is available only when the Super 530D missiles have been selected. The radar

covers the entire HUD area, a 20º wide cone."

Neat. Must have missed that tidbit when I was scanning through the manual - my mistake, was being a bit hasty when I did so as it was during the warm up for flights with my group a couple nights ago.

• 3 years later...

It locks targets within 10Nm like others CCM modes.

It's only available with Super 530D selected instead of Vertical Scan (available for Magic & Gun only).

With this mode I only lock the contac at less than 4.5nm. It must lock at 10nm or less, but 4.5nm looks too close. Is it normal?

Thank you.

With this mode I only lock the contac at less than 4.5nm. It must lock at 10nm or less, but 4.5nm looks too close. Is it normal?

Thank you.

No, all close combat modes should lock at 10Nm.

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi