F-14B and Voice Attack

Bob Morton

Hi everyone,

I am using VR, so I am trying to integrate Voice Attack commands to my game. For now it seems very promising!

I have a question regarding giving Jester orders. Since his radial command menu is dependent on situation, i.e. whether I am in the air or on the ground, I don't see how it is possible to give orders like "Jester, STT target front". Instead I have to do "Jester, command 1, command 3, etc..."

Since there is no keystroke that directly binds every Jester command it is not possible to have easy rational voice commands. Rather it is just basically using voice to command a keystroke...if that makes sense.

Any hints?

Thanks and sorry if this is retarded, but I am new to this whole thing.

F-14B - F-18C - F-16C - Mirage 2000

i7-6700k 4Ghz; EVGA 2080ti; 32GB DDR4; warthog HOTAS; Logitech pro flight pedals; oculus Rift S

Viacom Pro with AIRIO is the way to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

overalien

Hog Driver starting to really like the Tomcat

System specs:

Intel i7-8700k - OC to 5.0 GHz

| 32 GB RAM 3600 MHz | Nvidia 1080ti SLi | Mixed Storage - Win 10 and DCS on Samsung SSD 970 Pro

Flightgear:

7 Displays (3 x 1440p, 1 X 1080p, 3 X Lilliput Touch) | 3 x Cougar MFDs

| Warthog HOTAS | Thrustmaster TPR Pedals | iBEAM Shaker + Simshaker for Aviators w. Sound Module | Helios | VAICOM Pro + AIRIO | TrackIR 5

Viacom Pro with AIRIO is the way to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very much worth the money and time to set up.

Vaicom allows you to simply speak commands to ground crew, ATC, wingmen, etc.

AIRIO lets you give commands to Jester without using the radial menu at all.

I’m able to boss Jester around with ease. “Scan angels 10 for 100 miles, drop tanks, switch to TWS mode, STT bandit ahead...”.

Makes flying the F14 a lot of fun.

In theory you could edit the numpad commands and make your own, but Hollywood has all the commands inputted for you and it is an all around slick plugin. I can’t give it enough props :thumbup:

Modules: A10C, AV8, M2000C, AJS-37, MiG-21, MiG-19, MiG-15, F86F, F5E, F14A/B, F16C, F18C, P51, P47, Spitfire IX, Bf109K, Fw190-D, UH-1, Ka-50, SA342 Gazelle, Mi8, Christian Eagle II, CA, FC3

Any hints?

Use the second Jester menu to save keystroke streams which stay consistent and are not sitational. Example: A, A, radar bvr, lock enemy ahead.

🖥️ Win10 i7-10700KF 32GB RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M HOTAS   ✈️ FC3, F-14A/B, F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR, PG, Syria

Use the second Jester menu to save keystroke streams which stay consistent and are not sitational. Example: A, A, radar bvr, lock enemy ahead.

If I understand correctly I you are saying go to the Jester top menu (I.e. say Jester to bring up the situational menu, then jester again to bring the top menu)? Once at the top menu use keystrokes from that menu? Are you saying that the top jester menu is lock and not affected by the situation? If that is the case I would say Jester, Jester and then the command? Sounds like it could work out.

F-14B - F-18C - F-16C - Mirage 2000

i7-6700k 4Ghz; EVGA 2080ti; 32GB DDR4; warthog HOTAS; Logitech pro flight pedals; oculus Rift S

If I understand correctly I you are saying go to the Jester top menu (I.e. say Jester to bring up the situational menu, then jester again to bring the top menu)? Once at the top menu use keystrokes from that menu? Are you saying that the top jester menu is lock and not affected by the situation? If that is the case I would say Jester, Jester and then the command? Sounds like it could work out.

Yes, it is a lot better that way, but some things still change deeper in the menu, like loadouts, waypoint marks...

🖥️ Win10 i7-10700KF 32GB RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M HOTAS   ✈️ FC3, F-14A/B, F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR, PG, Syria

Jester menus are not constant. It would help if only the first menu would be situation-dependent and the rest would have just placeholders if a function is inactive instead of shifting the positions around (the deeper menus).

Same goes for radio menus. They are inconsistent across different airframes. This makes it a pain to program my own custom VoiceAttack sequences either replacing or in addition to Viacom.

Intel Core i7 9700K@4.6GHz|ASUS Strix Z390-H|G.Skill DDR4 32GB@3200MHz|MSI GeForce RTX 2080 Ti|2xSSD 500GB Samsung 970 EVO M.2 RAID0|SSD Samsung 850 EVO|Corsair HX 750W|Fractal Design Define R6 Blackout|UWQHD 34"|Valve Index|Logitech G9|MS Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000|VPC WarBRD Base+MongoosT-50CM2 Grip|VPC MongoosT-50 Throttle|VKB T-Rudder|Beyerdynamic DT770|Boom mic|Windows 10 Home