thrustmaster Warthog interchangeability with COUGAR

Hello, I am considering buying my very own TM Warthog HOTAS and I keep reading about interchangeability with COUGAR. What exactly does this mean?

I can use cougars stick in place of Warthogs? I can connect cougars throttle with Warthog stick and have an F16 setup?

Thank you for your time.

Warthog stick and throttle connect to your system via independent USB cables whereas the Cougar throttle connects to the Cougar stick via gameport and then to the PC via USB so no, you can't have Cougar throttle with Warthog stick unless you also plug in the Cougar stick.

The interchangeability refers to the stick grips. You can attach the Warthog stick to the Cougar base and vice versa. If you connect the Warthog stick to the Cougar base the push button on the countermeasures hat will not work however.

Also, be careful tightening the large grey nut when changing the grips as the mechanism inside the Warthog stick is not as robust (it's made of plastic) as those inside the Cougar. I made the mistake of over tightening the nut and cracked the plastic ball joint and had to RMA the stick.