Warthog Coolie Hat Diagonal

station2station

The coolie hat is driving me crazy. I keep hitting diagonals instead of my intended up or right or left

i.e. I got to select Right MFCD as SPI and instead it performs a MFCD swap.

I have tried to change my grip, throttle position, and simply my practice of the controls, but I am getting nowhere.

I am embarrassed to say that T.A.R.G.E.T is kicking my ass I am unable to determine how I would fix this.

I did some searching and did not see any specifics on how to fix this issue. Does anyone have any insight?

System Specs:

Intel 8700K (Factory Clocks) / NZXT Kraken X62

ASUS ROG STRIX 1080TI

Corsair RGB 32GB @ 3600MHZ

Samsung 970EVO M.2 OS Drive / 2 x Samsung 960EVO SATA Game Drive (DCS and STEAM)

Phankteks Enthoo Evolv TG w/ something like, 9 case fans now...

Alienware 34" AW3418DW (with 120HZ and GSYNC)

Warthog HOTAS

Thrustmaster MFD

Saitek Rudder Pedals

Logitch G35 Mic

TrackIR5

Corsair keyboard/mouse

A10C,FA18,F14,Viggen <3,F16,Spitfire, NTTR, Persian Gulf,SuperCarrier

If you're running Target GUI try to assign the Coolie Hats as DX buttons instead of keyboard commands (click on virtual game/keyboard/mouse next to key command entry), of course you'll also have to do this in DCS setting in TM Virtual device column. I find that switches that have both short and long press functions in DCS work more reliably as DX buttons rather than keyboard commands with Target GUI (this shouldn't be a problem with Target script though). Use Hold instead of Pulse when mapping.

In the worst case scenario, just forget about the MFCD swap and bind SPI select as short press and use shift function for that instead or just manipulate the MFCDs youself.

Edited by Supmua

PC: 5800X3D/4090, 11700K/3090, 9900K/2080Ti.

Joystick bases: TMW, VPC WarBRD, MT50CM2, VKB GFII, FSSB R3L

Joystick grips: TM (Warthog, F/A-18C), Realsimulator (F-16SGRH, F-18CGRH), VKB (Kosmosima LH, MCG, MCG Pro), VPC MongoosT50-CM2

Throttles: TMW, Winwing Super Taurus, Logitech Throttle Quadrant, Realsimulator Throttle (soon)

VR: HTC Vive/Pro, Oculus Rift/Quest 2, Valve Index, Varjo Aero, https://forum.dcs.world/topic/300065-varjo-aero-general-guide-for-new-owners/