Am I the only one disappointed in DCS World Multiplayer? - Page 5 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 06-18-2019, 04:22 AM   #41
The_Pharoah

I love DCS multiplayer however there is something sorely missing from the MP server and thats the feeling I'm fighting in a war ie. when i join servers (eg. TTI) i have to type in INTEL and it'll give me a list of current missions however what I'd prefer is to select a role (eg. CAP or CAS or SEAD) which should then give me an urgent mission to do X or Y which would help the overall war, etc. Right now its just 'blow this up', move to next waypoint, rinse and repeat.
Old 06-18-2019, 04:27 AM   #42
backspace340

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Pharoah View Post
I love DCS multiplayer however there is something sorely missing from the MP server and thats the feeling I'm fighting in a war ie. when i join servers (eg. TTI) i have to type in INTEL and it'll give me a list of current missions however what I'd prefer is to select a role (eg. CAP or CAS or SEAD) which should then give me an urgent mission to do X or Y which would help the overall war, etc. Right now its just 'blow this up', move to next waypoint, rinse and repeat.
Join one of the servers where people speak and missions matter - e.g. Persian Gulf at War / Georgia at War for PVE, Blue Flag / DDCS for PVP, and ask people in voice comms what you should do / where you can be helpful. I play a lot of DDCS and the first thing people ask is 'what do you need?' and they get given a mission that fits their preferred aircraft/mission.
backspace340 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 08:54 PM   #43
Moki

If you are looking to fly with someone I am in the same boat as you. Send me a message and we can figure something out on to fly together
Moki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 09:01 PM   #44
ebabil

Most of the servers are joke.
We need official servers or role playing servers.
Ultimate Argument | Oilfield | Argo | Border | Memory of a Hero

Youtube
ebabil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 09:41 PM   #45
cromhunt

We need something like that:
Comanche vs Hokum
http://cromhunt.proboards.com/thread...tor-on-windows

You can try it by following the link that tells you how to get the game.
Once the game is launched on a machine, just know the IP address to join.
Obviously the graphics are outdated, but the dynamic campaign system is excellent.
You can join at any time and choose what you want without constraints other than those of the simulators.

Why DCS devs would be unable to do the same?

We would finally have a real multiplayer with a system like that of Razorworks.

Last edited by cromhunt; 06-20-2019 at 09:45 PM.
cromhunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 09:45 PM   #46
Silver_Dragon
ED Translator

Send a message via MSN to Silver_Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by cromhunt View Post
Comanche vs Hokum
Obviously the graphics are outdated, but the dynamic campaign system is excellent.You can join at any time and choose what you want without constraints other than those of the simulators.
ED has working on your own RTS / Dynamic campaign.
https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php...&postcount=178
Quote:
Dynamic Campaign
While a hangar of great aircraft is certainly a wonderful thing, having an engaging, exciting, and dynamic combat environment is equally important. We have been developing the inner-workings of a dynamic campaign system which will continue into 2019. Based on the strategic goals and tactical situations, the systems will create dynamic Air Tasking Orders (ATO) that players then join to help their side to victory. This work is non-trivial, but we believe the addition of this system should be exciting for DCS users.

DCS: Roadmap (unofficial):https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=116893
DCS: List of Vacant models: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=104115
21Squad DCS: World News: https://www.facebook.com/21Squad-219508958071000/
Silver_Dragon Youtube
Silver_Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 09:52 PM   #47
cromhunt

Thanks "Silver Dragon"
i hope we will see that soon
cromhunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2019, 11:14 PM   #48
3WA

Quote:
Originally Posted by cromhunt View Post
Comanche vs Hokum

Once the game is launched on a machine, just know the IP address to join.
Obviously the graphics are outdated, but the dynamic campaign system is excellent.
You can join at any time and choose what you want without constraints other than those of the simulators.

Thanks dude!

Well, I'm not happy with the DCS Ka-50 right now, because of lack of FLIR and Night attack ability, so I will try this out! Maybe I can get some night missions out of this. :p Flying the Ka-52 would be awesome! Better than nothing. Let's see what they did with this.

Last edited by 3WA; 07-08-2019 at 12:33 AM.
3WA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 01:35 AM   #49
xWARGOx

Your post basically sums up my experience as well (also BMS guy along side here). And VS just dont work for me for the exact same reasons. The ability to plan your mission on the go in MP with others is not there without extra effort outside the game. Sure BMS also has it MP downfalls as well (not sim/scenario based). Just old UI and how its setup.

Issue I had with VS in both DCS & BMS experience is some of the rules and I get it needed in some cases. The monthly activity issue especially in the squadron's flights. Love the fact there is that option but in reality, having timing be considered for not only one timezone or even across the globe to nail it can be frustrating. If you have kids thats another issue. Some times it just doesnt work out. Timing/Responsibilities do and will continue to change. Could be on a bunch one month or week and hardly on another time. Just want to get up in the air, learn and enjoy the sim with anyone wanting to do the same but in a manner that we can still try to execute some sort of plan
xWARGOx is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
campaign issue, campaigns theaters, multiplayer, multiplayer campaign, single player