Cold War 1947 - 1991

Alpenwolf

Where's your new sever located?

On the ACG Cold War I have a ping of 35-45, on your new Cold War it is over 150.

New York.

The ACG is located in Mainz, Germany.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Cold War 1947 - 1991                                       Discord
Helicopters Tournaments
Combined Arms Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

I've sneaked behind the rusky AWACS and... he's immortal! :(

I mentioned in the main post that AWACS can NOT be killed. Players have always complained about that so I'm not gonna allow it.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

Hi Alpenwolf,

Enjoyed a first sortie on the server last night!

A couple of little bits of feedback, whcih you can deal with however you see fit.

1. As mentioned on chat, consider using minimum sized groups of 4 aircraft for spawning at a base. My squad (typically 4 to 6 of us) would fly more often if we were able to spawn together at a field, rather than have to spread ourselves over the map.

2. I don't think the bright orange smoker markers are necesssary over each field. Even WW2 prop pilots should be able to navigate sufficiently to locate the airfields. The smoke is visible from around 50km away, so it makes navigating just a little bit too easy IMO. You might get a little performance increase too by removing them (not that it was a problem, my experience on the server was smooth and quick, despite me being in Germany and having a relatively high-ish ping).

On YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/philstylenz

Storm of War WW2 server website: https://stormofwar.net/

Hi Alpenwolf,

Enjoyed a first sortie on the server last night!

A couple of little bits of feedback, whcih you can deal with however you see fit.

1. As mentioned on chat, consider using minimum sized groups of 4 aircraft for spawning at a base. My squad (typically 4 to 6 of us) would fly more often if we were able to spawn together at a field, rather than have to spread ourselves over the map.

2. I don't think the bright orange smoker markers are necesssary over each field. Even WW2 prop pilots should be able to navigate sufficiently to locate the airfields. The smoke is visible from around 50km away, so it makes navigating just a little bit too easy IMO. You might get a little performance increase too by removing them (not that it was a problem, my experience on the server was smooth and quick, despite me being in Germany and having a relatively high-ish ping).

1. The number of the avialable airframes will surely increase. In fact I'm working on it, but it takes time because every change I make is included in many code lines in the script. The initial small number of available aircraft was for testing the scripts and the server's performance.

2. The smoke is annoying and is removed in the updated mission's version that will go online in the upcoming days. The smoke was only there to mark the pick up zones so that heli pilots don't deploy their units there when capturing a base. It's a scripting issue that is also fixed now.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

Server's no longer in the WIP stage. It's up and running.

Some changes and fixes:

- No more smoke at the pick up zones.

- Deploy your troops anywhere you like within 1000 m to capture the airbase/FARP. They will not disappear as before.

- 8 more MiG-21's, 10 more F-5's, 2 more AJS37's, 2 more Su-25's, 2 more A-10's and 2 more UH-1's were added, (More will come).

- Some late activation issues were fixed.

- Added AWAC's/GCI freq. to the briefing.

- Adjusted AWACS route and waypoints.

Any issues you notice, please report to me here.

God bless, and have FUN :thumbup:

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

Hi,

Recently we made couple of flights on your server.

I am not sure is it bag of server (or "regular" bag from developers after last update :smilewink: ) or you did it specially:

It is not possible to use standard weapon set with Mig-21 for example for short or long range patrol (if I correct: a fuel tank and R-60 and R-3). Actually, we absolutelly couldn't take fuel tanks.

It was like this: I chose the standard set for short range then after while a voice said that weapon is reloaded but Mig-21s pilons were empty.

We are Virtual Pilots, a growing International Squad of pilots, we fly Allies in WWII and Red Force in Korea and Modern combat.

We are recruiting like minded people of all Nationalities and skill levels.

Visit our website:

VIRTUAL-PILOTS.COM

It is not possible to use standard weapon set with Mig-21 for example for short or long range patrol (if I correct: a fuel tank and R-60 and R-3). Actually, we absolutelly couldn't take fuel tanks.

It was like this: I chose the standard set for short range then after while a voice said that weapon is reloaded but Mig-21s pilons were empty.

It works fine for me. Just checked it out and in the mission editor all looks fine. Don't know what to say...

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

Hi,

Recently we made couple of flights on your server.

I am not sure is it bag of server (or "regular" bag from developers after last update :smilewink: ) or you did it specially:

Sure you're not confusing this with the old ACG server, with which Alpenwolf was associated?

Because this certainly is an issue in the ACG server.

PC Specs / Hardware: MSI z370 Gaming Plus Mainboard, Intel 8700k @ 5GHz, MSI Sea Hawk 2080 Ti @ 2100MHz, 32GB 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM

Displays: Philips BDM4065UC 60Hz 4K UHD Screen, Pimax 8KX

Controllers / Peripherals: VPC MongoosT-50, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, modded MS FFB2/CH Combatstick, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Gametrix JetSeat

So today RAZBAM finnaly annunces the MIG-23 (MLA version). What about in the future we have F-4 vs. Mig-23 clashes in Cold War Server? Of corse, both limited with AIM-9 and R-60 to keep the the WVR spirit of the server.

The line up could have:

F-4 vs Mig-23

F-5 vc Mig-21

(We need a F-100 Here!) vs Mig-19

F-86 vs Mig-15

Alpen let me dream, please! :pilotfly:

So today RAZBAM finnaly annunces the MIG-23 (MLA version). What about in the future we have F-4 vs. Mig-23 clashes in Cold War Server? Of corse, both limited with AIM-9 and R-60 to keep the the WVR spirit of the server.

The line up could have:

F-4 vs Mig-23

F-5 vc Mig-21

F-86 vs Mig-15

Yeah I was thinking MIG-23 vs F4 would be a good idea for this when I saw the announcement. Doesn't the MIG-23 have IRST? Not sure how good it is but it may give 23 pilots the edge over the F-4 in certain situations.

The line up could have:

F-4 vs Mig-23

F-5 vc Mig-21

F-86 vs Mig-15

I suppose you didn't read the main post of this thread? If you had, you'd know the F-4 is surely going to be added and the MiG-23 as well should it ever be confirmed by any developers. So it's been confirmed, you say? You just MADE my day, my friend! :thumbup:

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

I suppose you didn't read the main post of this thread? If you had, you'd know the F-4 is surely going to be added and the MiG-23 as well should it ever be confirmed by any developers. So it's been confirmed, you say? You just MADE my day, my friend!
Hey Alpen, sorry about my lack of attention on the OP. The excitement is too much about the ED green light to MIG-23.

It's real, it's happening... See the announcement link!

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1740173216069309&id=316077818478863

Enviado de meu Moto G (5) Plus usando o Tapatalk

Hey Alpen, sorry about my lack of attention on the OP. The excitement is too much about the ED green light to MIG-23.

It's real, it's happening... See the announcement link!

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1740173216069309&id=316077818478863

Enviado de meu Moto G (5) Plus usando o Tapatalk

Yeah, thanks, just looked it up. CAN'T WAIT! We'll be having great battles with the Phantom!

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

Hi Alpenwolf,

Today, June 26, 19:30Z I flew on the red side (Mig-21 then tried CGI).

I used channel 0 and I speak with pilots from the blue side when I used SRS. So, a blue pilot was little bit surprise when he reported what he is going to do and then he figured out that this is Red CGI :) (I did't expect it too).

Additionally, yesterday me and other pilot from our group flew on Cold war. We used also SRS and tried to connect with you and EVO - but without success. Probably you both didn't use SRS.

+ No AWACS from read side or it is dead.

My settings for SRS server: 158.69.122.193

We are Virtual Pilots, a growing International Squad of pilots, we fly Allies in WWII and Red Force in Korea and Modern combat.

We are recruiting like minded people of all Nationalities and skill levels.

Visit our website:

VIRTUAL-PILOTS.COM

Make sure the freq. is 124 MHz for Red (channel 0). Leaves out one possible explanation; the Blue guys were on the wrong freq. using yours instead of 251 MHz.

AWACS can't be killed. He needs to refuel sometimes so that takes him some time 30-60 minutes.

EDIT:

Testing...

Tournaments

Edited by Alpenwolf

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

I almost never see the server in the list. The only way I can connect is by entering the IP address, but then I find the server almost empty.

I fear many have the same problem and don't see the server show up. Given the popularity of Cold War servers, it's strange that this new one is so empty.

I'd love to see this server as alive as ACG was.

PC Specs / Hardware: MSI z370 Gaming Plus Mainboard, Intel 8700k @ 5GHz, MSI Sea Hawk 2080 Ti @ 2100MHz, 32GB 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM

Displays: Philips BDM4065UC 60Hz 4K UHD Screen, Pimax 8KX

Controllers / Peripherals: VPC MongoosT-50, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, modded MS FFB2/CH Combatstick, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Gametrix JetSeat

The problem is that everyone's so hyped and still excited over the F-18. Understandable in a way. Imagine what will happen when the Tomcat is released.

The server's up. Most of the times it's seen in the server's list. And even when it's there, there are only 5-10 players and that's to be considered quite "crowded" these days. mostly empty or 2-3 players.

Again, the F-18 is the only change in DCS since its release, and only since then almost every server lacking the Hornet is empty. So basically it's up to you...

Even if the server is empty, grab a striker and do some AG stuff. Get a heli after that and capture an airbase/FARP. Sounds boring? Well... I ain't adding the Hornet or the Tomcat to the server just to get the numbers. This dynamic campaign is based on my 10 missions that you guys have always flown. Same modules except for the A-10C that was only part of one mission - Springfield. The Su-25T will be added when the F-4 arrives.

The server being dynamic and covering a large part of the map made it kinda less "furball-ish" maybe, but again, that's got to do with the Hornet and players lining up for it. If we'd have at least 20 players you'd have some strikers, helis and dogfighters providing cover, etc.

With the MiG-19, the F-4, the Mi-24 and the AH-1 things might get better.

S!

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

This is the true problem:

People can't live without CCIP, CCRP or Mavericks... (OK, Mig-21 have some kind of rudimentary CCIP, but you know, it's not precise like a modern fighter) and I agree that it's a real challenge for many players, put a Mk82 in the target with an F-5 is a pain, need A LOT of training, for in the end you make just 30-35% hit rate... but, that challenge is VERY FUN and is this challenge that makes Cold War server so unique.

Edited by Toasty