Issue with Oculus software.

Lucky

Lost my internet connection for a short time tonight. After it came back I fired up Oculus tray tools and noticed the Default ASW Window was blank and I could not change settings. So I rebooted the PC, nothing. Uninstalled and reinstalled OTT. Still nothing. Then I noticed the Oculus software would not load. Rebooted again, nothing. Unistalled Oculus software and tried to reinstall. It would hang on the install screen at almost fully installed, Waited for over an hour still sitting at almost installed. Quit the install and tried again, Same thing. Tried 2 more times, same result. Turned off anti-virus, same thing. Any suggestions on what to do would be greatly appreciated.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Lian Li 011 Dynamic Evo, Core i9 11900K @ 5.0GHz, Corsair H150i CPU cooler, Asus Prime Z590-A, Radeon RX6800 XT64GB, Team T-Force Delta DDR4 3600, Corsair RM1000X PSU,  Win 11 x64

Have you tried downloading OTT again? Might have gotten corrupted.

Core i9 9900K, Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra, 128GB G.Skill DDR4-4000, GeForce RTX 2080 Super, 3x Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe SSD 1TB, 4x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 500GB 2.5" SATA, 2x 2TB HDD, 1x 1TB HDD, Windows 7 Pro, 8.1 Pro, 10 Pro.

Have you tried downloading OTT again? Might have gotten corrupted.

Yes, and I get the same thing.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Lian Li 011 Dynamic Evo, Core i9 11900K @ 5.0GHz, Corsair H150i CPU cooler, Asus Prime Z590-A, Radeon RX6800 XT64GB, Team T-Force Delta DDR4 3600, Corsair RM1000X PSU,  Win 11 x64

The last step of the install installs microsoft server speech recognition language runtimes, it might be a problem with that. Uninstall OTT and the runtimes, reboot, try again, if no go uninstall OTT and the runtimes again, reboot and download the US microsoft server speech recognition language runtime file and install that first, reboot and then try installing OTT.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-au/download/details.aspx?id=27224

Edited by ozdude

Core i9 9900K, Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra, 128GB G.Skill DDR4-4000, GeForce RTX 2080 Super, 3x Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe SSD 1TB, 4x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 500GB 2.5" SATA, 2x 2TB HDD, 1x 1TB HDD, Windows 7 Pro, 8.1 Pro, 10 Pro.

The last step of the install installs microsoft server speech recognition language runtimes, it might be a problem with that. Uninstall OTT and the runtimes, reboot, try again, if no go uninstall OTT and the runtimes again, reboot and download the US microsoft server speech recognition language runtime file and install that first, reboot and then try installing OTT.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-au/download/details.aspx?id=27224

Thanks, I'll give that a try.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Finally got it installed. Had to delete everything Oculus on my PC and then ran CCCleaner and it finally installed and OTT installed correctly also.

Thanks for taking the time to assist me.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hmm yes, that was going to be my next suggestion. Been there myself recently, registry and all. Oculus is a pitfa, have never had so many problems with a piece of hardware in my life.

Well when or if their brain interface comes out we may soon be regcleaning our minds too.

I was not Lucky as you.

Uninstall, regcleaner, new download, install and waiting 8 hours to finish, and then... see attached picture :mad:

I tried about 10 times uninstalling and reinstalling the software then I found a video on Youtube on how to clean everything Oculus off your PC. Sorry I don't have link. Try searching Youtube for how to get rid of Oculus on your PC. Don't know if it was coincidence or what but it finally installed after I followed that video.

Edited by Lucky

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I've been having problems with Oculus software (Rift S here) since I upgraded Windows to release 1809.

First, the software would not start anymore, I had to reinstall it ; worked for a few days.

Then, it stopped working again, and now I cannot reinstall it (cleaned up, rebooted, started installer and it get stuck at the very end - few pixels remaining in the progress bar - as stated by the OP).

I'll try a more thorough cleanup tonight.

Zip - VEAF :pilotfly:

If you want to learn, talk and fly with french-speaking friends, the Virtual European Air Force is here for you ! Meet us on our Discord and our forum

If you're a mission creator, you may want to check the VEAF Mission Creation Tools (and its GitHub repository) a set of open-source scripts and tools that make creating a dynamic mission a breeze !

I tried about 10 times uninstalling and reinstalling the software then I found a video on Youtube on how to clean everything Oculus off your PC. Sorry I don't have link. Try searching Youtube for how to get rid of Oculus on your PC. Don't know if it was coincidence or what but it finally installed after I followed that video.

Back when I was working with support on a support ticket troubleshooting my first Rift S these were the instructions given to me for a complete uninstall and reinstall of Oculus:

At this point I'd like you to perform a manual uninstall. This is an uninstall process different from the regular process as it involves extra steps. To perform this, please follow these steps:

Disconnect your computer from the internet.

Back up any Oculus content if you want to.

Reboot your computer into Safe Mode.

Uninstall Oculus Home using the Control Panel.

Delete all Oculus folders from here:

C:\Program Files

Remove any Oculus folders from here:

C:\Users\YourUserProfile\AppData

C:\Users\YourUserProfile\AppData\Local

C:\Users\YourUserProfile\AppData\LocalLow

C:\Users\YourUserProfile\AppData\Roaming

Reboot your computer into normal mode.

Reconnect the computer to the internet.

Reinstall Oculus Home with the installer.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

I've been having problems with Oculus software (Rift S here) since I upgraded Windows to release 1809.

First, the software would not start anymore, I had to reinstall it ; worked for a few days.

Then, it stopped working again, and now I cannot reinstall it (cleaned up, rebooted, started installer and it get stuck at the very end - few pixels remaining in the progress bar - as stated by the OP).

I'll try a more thorough cleanup tonight.

Exactly the same for me. (except I'm on 1903 build)

Thanks dburne I'll try this.

Edited by toutenglisse

Back when I was working with support on a support ticket troubleshooting my first Rift S these were the instructions given to me for a complete uninstall and reinstall of Oculus:

At this point I'd like you to perform a manual uninstall. This is an uninstall process different from the regular process as it involves extra steps. To perform this, please follow these steps:

Disconnect your computer from the internet.

Back up any Oculus content if you want to.

Reboot your computer into Safe Mode.

Uninstall Oculus Home using the Control Panel.

Delete all Oculus folders from here:

C:\Program Files

Remove any Oculus folders from here:

C:\Users\YourUserProfile\AppData

C:\Users\YourUserProfile\AppData\Local

C:\Users\YourUserProfile\AppData\LocalLow

C:\Users\YourUserProfile\AppData\Roaming

Reboot your computer into normal mode.

Reconnect the computer to the internet.

Reinstall Oculus Home with the installer.

Those were pretty much the steps I did except for booting into safe mode. I ran CC Cleaner after, don’t know if it helped.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Solved for me …

I think with this kind of Sh** everyone can have a different issue source, for the same problem.

I tried many things from oculus site, what Lucky said and clean safe mode uninstall/reinstall, antivirus, gpu driver, etc... with no luck.

My culprit was DCS …

I downloaded monday the DCS release version to participate the debug trial with VR improv. When I installed release version tuesday my Rift couldn't launch (Like 2 weeks ago but at this time several trials to repair/reinstall Rift worked at the end).

I've just uninstalled DCS release version, and first try with Oculus setup went OK.

Sorry I won't participate the VR test result request.

Exactly the same for me. (except I'm on 1903 build)

Thanks dburne I'll try this.

Well I'm on 1903 too, my memory bugged ^^

Zip - VEAF :pilotfly:

If you want to learn, talk and fly with french-speaking friends, the Virtual European Air Force is here for you ! Meet us on our Discord and our forum

If you're a mission creator, you may want to check the VEAF Mission Creation Tools (and its GitHub repository) a set of open-source scripts and tools that make creating a dynamic mission a breeze !

I have tried using the keyboard commands, Oculus Debugging tool and OTT.

Every time I reset ASW in Debugging tool, I go into DCS and run the Instant action P51 mission, the frame rate is 40. I leave DCS, reopen Debugging tool, ASW is back at Auto.

Tried setting the ASW in OTT, set to Off. run DCS, frame rates 40. Leave DCS check OTT, it says ASW is Off, check Debugging Tool, ASW is set to Auto.

Using keys, Ctl + 1 (KP) has no effect.

All Drivers are up to date. Windows 10 Version 1903, Oculus 1.38

Edited by Rocky49

System:Motherboard Asus ROG Strix Z390-E,Asus ROG GeForce RTX 2080Ti OC, GPU, 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 Ram, Intel i9 9900K @ 5 GHz , cooled by NZXT Kraken X52, Acer XB270HU G-Sinc monitor, Windows 10 Pro, Warthog joystick and throttle with wasy extension, VBK Gunfighter Pro and MCG Pro,MFG Rudder, running on a dedicated 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M2 Nvme , Super Wheel Stand Pro, with a HP Reverb G2

I have tried using the keyboard commands, Oculus Debugging tool and OTT.

Every time I reset ASW in Debugging tool, I go into DCS and run the Instant action P51 mission, the frame rate is 40. I leave DCS, reopen Debugging tool, ASW is back at Auto.

Tried setting the ASW in OTT, set to Off. run DCS, frame rates 40. Leave DCS check OTT, it says ASW is Off, check Debugging Tool, ASW is set to Auto.

Using keys, Ctl + 1 (KP) has no effect.

All Drivers are up to date. Windows 10 Version 1903, Oculus 1.38

The only way to keep my settings is to keep the Debug Tool open on my desktop

The only way to keep my settings is to keep the Debug Tool open on my desktop

Yep , i find it must remain open as well , although even with ASW off , i'm still locked at 45fps...

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

Yep , i find it must remain open as well , although even with ASW off , i'm still locked at 45fps...

Try also turning off "Adaptive GPU Performance Scale" along with "ASW". One other thing I did was to set my PD through the Tool and set my PD in Sim to 1.0. I am getting 90 fps in the cockpit...although my system is a little faster than yours. Give it a shot and let us know if it makes any difference.

Try also turning off "Adaptive GPU Performance Scale" along with "ASW". One other thing I did was to set my PD through the Tool and set my PD in Sim to 1.0. I am getting 90 fps in the cockpit...although my system is a little faster than yours. Give it a shot and let us know if it makes any difference.

tried both suggestions. Frame Rate locked at 40, Debugging tool says Adaptive GPU off, ASW disabled. So it seems that it doesn't matter what you change, still locked into ASW, not disabled.

System:Motherboard Asus ROG Strix Z390-E,Asus ROG GeForce RTX 2080Ti OC, GPU, 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 Ram, Intel i9 9900K @ 5 GHz , cooled by NZXT Kraken X52, Acer XB270HU G-Sinc monitor, Windows 10 Pro, Warthog joystick and throttle with wasy extension, VBK Gunfighter Pro and MCG Pro,MFG Rudder, running on a dedicated 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M2 Nvme , Super Wheel Stand Pro, with a HP Reverb G2

tried both suggestions. Frame Rate locked at 40, Debugging tool says Adaptive GPU off, ASW disabled. So it seems that it doesn't matter what you change, still locked into ASW, not disabled.

What about the PD settings stated in my post?

I forgot to set PD, and that was what I missed, now works, Thanks guys.

frame rates jumping all over from 37-80 (Oculus Rift S) 37 is cockpit looking at ground near airport 80 is looking out at sky climbing out, level flight 40-55