Any idea when this bug will be fixed ?

METAR weather for DCS World missions

Guide to help out new DCS MOOSE Users -> HERE

Havoc Company Dedicated server info Connect IP: 94.23.215.203

SRS enabled - freqs - Main = 243, A2A = 244, A2G = 245

Please contact me HERE if you have any server feedback or METAR issues/requests

• 2 weeks later...

Yes.

i7-2600 @3.4GHz | Corsair 16GB @1600MHz. | MSI GTX1660Ti Gaming X | Samsung 256GB SSD (Win10HPx64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

I can confirm. Brand new textures for the cockpit are planned, it's just a matter of time.

For instance: why loosing time to fix an old texture when you plan to replace it? Nevertheless, in the meantime there are some users mods that partially avoid the problem (you can find them in the downolad section).

Spent some time in Photoshop with the cockpit's textures and did a fix for this. Decreased the intensity of the OFF version of the light and increased the intensity of the ON version of the light. While I was at it, I joined these textures with the ones I did earlier to fix the HUD's and windows' opaquiness, increasing visibility. All done in the Mods folder. This should be a fix until the official one comes out... Feel free to give feedback.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=219669

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bilu2n4lo3nwhxx/Ka_50_cockpit_fix.zip?dl=0

My DCS modding videos:

Modules I own so far:

Black Shark 2, FC3, UH-1H, M-2000C, A-10C, MiG-21, Gazelle, Nevada map

Just tested it. Thanks for your work, even if it does not help me (especially on nighttime), it could be useful on daylight (but i'm used to default inverted lights now, LOL !

TASK / ROLES acronyms guide

Black Shark A.I. datalink guide illustrated (v1.2.4 Available on Wiki)

DCS World Codex 1.1 : full units list (Speed/Weapons/Armor thickness/Threat zone/Weapon damage...) (Oct 2013)

BlackShark 2 1.2.x Bug and glitches thread (v1.2.7)

Just tested it. Thanks for your work, even if it does not help me (especially on nighttime), it could be useful on daylight (but i'm used to default inverted lights now, LOL !

Hey man, thanks for your reply... thanks to you I've just tested it at night (because I honestly don't remember the last time I flew DCS at night, specially the Ka-50).

I had tested it before though during day time using gamma 1.0, 1.5 and 2.2. During day time with gamma at 2.2 and 1.5, the button lights are very bright and visible here, even brighter than in the old DCS 1.5 (I use gamma at the default 2.2). For the buttons at the overhead panel (data-link), though, they are less bright but still visible. With gamma at 1.0 (minimum possible) all button lights are less bright, but still visible. At night they also appear less bright but still visible.

I'll see if I can find a way to enhance the brightness at night and at low gamma values...

Edited by PeaceSells

My DCS modding videos:

Modules I own so far:

Just downloaded your fix, am about to do some day/night testing in VR (oculus).

OK; here's my findings.

In Caucasus day and Nevada day it makes the buttons usable again. That is a good thing. At night it doesn't do much as the buttons do not light up and there's not enough contrast to easily see which one is on.

I did not really like what you did to the windows. They are too clean now, making it seem almost like they aren't there. But that's just my opinion.

I also completely and utterly forgot how to fly the Kamov. I wallowed around like a drunken bumblebee, unable to target or fire. Back to school I go!

Edited by schurem

I5 9600KF, 32GB, 3080ti, G2, PointCTRL

I did not really like what you did to the windows. They are too clean now, making it seem almost like they aren't there. But that's just my opinion.

Yes, I've intentionally made them 100% transparent, left only the glass edges visible so you know there's glass there. A computer screen has limitations compared to your vision IRL, so I don't find it realistic to hamper it even more through unrealistic opaque glass with unrealistic sun reflections. In a perfect sim world we would have high res textures simulating realistic dirt, scratches and sun reflections on the glass, to a realistic degree, but the cost may be not worth it.

You can make a rough comparison with your car... Even when it's not washed for a while, how many times during your drive do you think "I can't see that thing I need to see because this glass is on the way?"

My DCS modding videos:

Modules I own so far:

Came just now after having issues in the Ka-50 and found this thread.

ED please implement a fix to get the module usable in it's stock state again.

I can appreciate not wanting to go to a significant effort if a full re-do is on the horizon

Bottom line however is you can't leave a paid product broken.

R7 3800X - 32Gig RAM -- All SSD -- GTX1070 -- TM Warthog, MFG Crosswinds & TiR

• 2 weeks later...

Before ED push out their own fix, just download the ricardo's hd cockpit, I believe the newest version is 2.4. I'm currently using the black version and it doesn't just fix the light problem, the entire textures are reworked and looks a LOT better than the stock cockpit.

Can we get our money back in the meantime? The cockpit is basically broken.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Romiko Derbynew

---------------------------------------------------------------

Intel® Core i5-9600K CPU @ 4.8GHz

Corsair Vengeance XMP 32GB - CMW32GX4M4C3000C15

MSI NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 Gamzing Z 8GB

MSI Z390 Gaming Edge AC Motherboard

NZXT H500 Case

EVGA 650W P2 Power Supply

NH U12S CPU Cooler - 2 fans

2 Inlet fans - Noctua

2 outlet fans - Noctua

In my honest opinion the current cockpit still look awesome to my eyes. I know many people comment on it's age and resolution, but the Ka-50 cockpit for me is one of those examples of how you can have immersive and good-looking appearance without being extremely high-res. I still love the feeling of sitting in that cockpit. All that was just to say that ED fixing the button lights is much more urgent than doing the new high-res cockpit, if that's what ED is waiting for...

My DCS modding videos:

Modules I own so far:

• 3 weeks later...

It does look worse with every new DCS module that's released, but yes if they'd just fix the cockpit lighting (to the point that devrim/Ricardo's mod would work too) I'd not ask for any updates until the next time an update breaks something ever again.

Edited by electricaltill

Before ED push out their own fix, just download the ricardo's hd cockpit, I believe the newest version is 2.4. I'm currently using the black version and it doesn't just fix the light problem, the entire textures are reworked and looks a LOT better than the stock cockpit.

Yes, it works pretty well... during daylight. I think you may find that at night or low light conditions it suffers the same issues. I seem to recall that this was because the current shaders are not illuminating the lights properly from within the buttons but rather reflecting the ambient lighting in the scene. If there is no or low background light to reflect, the buttons loose their perceived illumination.

I've tried all the mods that supposedly resolve this issue but none of them work 100% in all lighting conditions. Hopefully, the ED updated Ka-50 cockpit is not too far away.

Madmatt

A-10C, AV-8B, F-16C, F/A-18C, KA-50, Mi-8, UH-1H, FC3, CA, WWII, NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf

Gaming Rig: I7 7700k @5GHz, Corsair H115i Water Cooling, 32GB G.Skill TridentZ RGB 3600MHz DDR4 SDRAM, Aorus GeForce GTX 1080Ti, 2 x Samsung 960 Pro M.2 1TB NVMe SSD's, Warthog HOTAS w/ Slew mod, MFG Crosswind Pedals, 2 x TM Cougar MFD's, Oculus Rift-S, TrackIR 5, Asus ROG PG3480 34" GSync Monitor @3440x1440-100Hz, Asus 27" Monitor @1920x1080-144Hz, Windows 10 x64

• 4 weeks later...

I don't care too much about the resolution, it's the bugs that need fixing to make it properly usable at all times of day.

3 quick ones...

1) The light from the beacon leaks into the bottom of the pit

2) The AutoPilot buttons/lights are broken

3) Other external lighting (eg, floodlights at FARPS) leak in through solid panels.

Higher res would be nice, but can we just get a working pit please ED ?

R7 3800X - 32Gig RAM -- All SSD -- GTX1070 -- TM Warthog, MFG Crosswinds & TiR

ED said ka-50 and A-10c new cockpits "by the end of the year". Knowing ED, the 31st of december could be a realistic expectation.

This guy right here knows whats what. :thumbup:

GPU: PALIT NVIDIA RTX 3080 10GB | CPU: Intel Core i7-9700K 4,9GHz | RAM: 64GB DDR4 3000MHz
VR: HP Reverb G2 | HOTAS: TM Warthog Throttle and Stick