Harrier GR7 & GR9 Confirmed

Slipp

For those of you who who have not listened to the DCS podcast.

RAZBAM devs confirmed in an interview that Harrier GR7 & GR9 are going to be the next modules.

They said that development time will hopefully be around one year.

Some of the other things they said:

- T-2 Buckeye is pretty much cancelled and is not expected to see the light of the day any time soon

- After ED gives RAZBAM devs a feasible ground radar, they plan on doing F-15E and A-7

- RAZBAM plans to produce two modules per year in the future

• Like 1

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fantastic news THANKYOU, not that bothered about the T2 being pretty much cancelled, but stunning news ref the Harrier. Honestly cannot wait, one of my favourite aircraft.

Cowboy10uk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

i thought they where doing the A-7? =P

Is this harrier before or after the A-7?

For those of you who who have not listened to the DCS podcast.

RAZBAM devs confirmed in an interview that Harrier GR7 & GR9 are going to be the next modules.

They said that development time will hopefully be around one year.

Some of the other things they said:

- T-2 Buckeye is pretty much cancelled and is not expected to see the light of the day any time soon

- After ED gives RAZBAM devs a feasible ground radar, they plan on doing F-15E and A-7

- RAZBAM plans to produce two modules per year in the future

oooooo, looking forward to the harrier! Nice!

Read it slowly, stay calm :smilewink: Next module will be Harrier! After ED gives ground radar they plan doing A-7 :thumbup:

Prend ton temps mais fait ca vite :cold:... LG34''21:9 Asus 23''monitors Intel i7-4590 EVGA 1070 Superclocked Gskills 4x4G RAM Fatal1ty AsRock Z97 killer motherboard in a HAF black box with 4 CH products plug in and logitech G510, F310, M510 and M570 plus trackIR 5!

This confuses me a little. How will they do a proper GR7 or 9 without ground radar?

Harrier would be my fave in DCSW, no two ways - I really enojoyed their FSX model. Plus, I have my own bit of history with Harriers, though that was the GR.3 (1977-80) and later also the GR.5 (1986-89)

4sqn all the way...

Kneeboard Guides

Rig: Asus B650-GAMING PLUS; Ryzen 7800X3D ; 64GB DDR5 5600; RTX 4080; VPC T50 CM2 HOTAS; SN-1 Pedals; VR = Pico 4 over VD Wireless + Index; Point Control v2

This confuses me a little. How will they do a proper GR7 or 9 without ground radar?

Harrier would be my fave in DCSW, no two ways - I really enojoyed their FSX model. Plus, I have my own bit of history with Harriers, though that was the GR.3 (1976-80) and later also the GR.5 (1986-89)

4sqn all the way...

Harrier GR7/GR9 does not have radar. It uses IR sensors for night attack.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

But surely it uses the pods for the AG role - it's Christmas day and I just finished after dinner drinks, so my memory is a little cloudy.... the sniper or TIALD and the same one that the A-10C uses, which evades me at the moment?

Found this, but don't know how relevant it will be to your model:

http://www.defenseindustrydaily.com/british-harriers-to-get-advanced-targeting-pods-03098/

Either way - I'll be buying :D

Edited by Brixmis

Kneeboard Guides

Rig: Asus B650-GAMING PLUS; Ryzen 7800X3D ; 64GB DDR5 5600; RTX 4080; VPC T50 CM2 HOTAS; SN-1 Pedals; VR = Pico 4 over VD Wireless + Index; Point Control v2

But surely it uses the pods for the AG role - it's Christmas day and I just finished after dinner drinks, so my memory is a little cloudy.... the sniper or TIALD and the same one that the A-10C uses, which evades me at the moment?

Found this, but don't know how relevant it will be to your model:

http://www.defenseindustrydaily.com/british-harriers-to-get-advanced-targeting-pods-03098/

Either way - I'll be buying :D

The GR7/GR9 has a built in IR targeting system mounted on the nose. The AV-8B Harrier II Radar aicraft replaced that system with the radar used in the F-18As. The AV-8B Harrier II Night Attack did not make the change and uses the same IR targeting system.

There are some Harriers that do not have any kind of sensors on the nose, so I guess those are the ones who use the targeting pod.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

Awesome news all around...can't wait for the F-15E hopefully the AG Radar isn't far off...and great news about the Buckeye!!!! That would've been a total waste of development time :D

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | ASUS Crosshair Hero X670E | 64GB G Skill Trident Z DDR5 6000 | Nvidia RTX 4090 FE| Samsung EVO Plus 6 TB M.2 PCIe SSDs | TM Hornet Stick/WinWing Hornet Throttle and MIP | VPC T-50 Stick Base | TM TPR Rudder Pedals W/Damper | Varjo Aero/Pimax Crystal

VFA-25 Fist of the Fleet

Carrier Strike Group One(CSG-1) Discord

The GR7/GR9 has a built in IR targeting system mounted on the nose. The AV-8B Harrier II Radar aicraft replaced that system with the radar used in the F-18As. The AV-8B Harrier II Night Attack did not make the change and uses the same IR targeting system.

There are some Harriers that do not have any kind of sensors on the nose, so I guess those are the ones who use the targeting pod.

Yes, sorry, I was getting mixed up with ground radar and targeting pods.

Kneeboard Guides

are we getting both the Gr7 and Gr9 variants?

I know the Gr.9 is an upgraded variant of the Gr7 but how big are the changes? and will they release both at the same time or release one first and then the other?

The differences are considerable. Vastly Improved engine (107 on some frames), avionics, weapons and overall performance. I miss it.

Perfect.

The Harrier will be great in DCS.

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.