Dev field trip to record Mi-8MTV2 audio for DCS!

The original sample sound we recorded (correctly - for us recorded ) professionally in the United States (see att).

However, the samples are only a basis for sound! Hardly ever sound does not fit "as is"!

Thank you very much for your answer Pilot !

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

CPL(A)IR ME/SEP/MEP/SET - CPL(H)

Nice behind the scenes! This is what I like, add more :D

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

Thanks much for the video!

Question: When they start the engine, I think I'm hearing 2 separate whines, both increasing in pitch. One seems to start just before the needle jumps off the peg, and the other seems to start just after. Are they the APU increasing RPM and the engine itself? Or are they really one continuous sound and I'm just crazy?

Thanks much for the video!

Question: When they start the engine, I think I'm hearing 2 separate whines, both increasing in pitch. One seems to start just before the needle jumps off the peg, and the other seems to start just after. Are they the APU increasing RPM and the engine itself? Or are they really one continuous sound and I'm just crazy?

The first is probably the air starter on the engine. It's really high pitched. The second is probably the engine itself lighting off and increasing RPM. That would be between 18-20% Ngg. I should just watch the video and see. I have a slow Internet, though...I'll get back to you.

EDIT: Okay yeah, that first, quick, high-pitched whine is the air starter on the engine. After that it's the engine itself spooling up.

Edited by AlphaOneSix

Quality you guys are really putting in the effort well done.

One question from the video looking through the screen is that the gun sight out there on the tip of a rod of some sort on the nose, it looks like a gun sight or perhaps a visual aid for lining up for landing.

Eagles may soar high but weasel's don't get sucked into jet engines.

System Spec.

Monitors: Samsung 570DX & Rift CV1

Mobo: MSI Godlike gaming X-99A

CPU: Intel i7 5930K @ 3.50Ghz

RAM: 32gb

GPU: EVGA Nvidia GTX 980Ti VR Ready

Cooling: Predator 360

Power Supply: OCZ ZX Series 80 Plus Gold

Drives: Samsung SSD's 1tb, 500g plus others with OS Win10 64 bit

Thanks so my first assumption was right.

Eagles may soar high but weasel's don't get sucked into jet engines.

System Spec.

Monitors: Samsung 570DX & Rift CV1

Mobo: MSI Godlike gaming X-99A

CPU: Intel i7 5930K @ 3.50Ghz

RAM: 32gb

GPU: EVGA Nvidia GTX 980Ti VR Ready

Cooling: Predator 360

Power Supply: OCZ ZX Series 80 Plus Gold

Drives: Samsung SSD's 1tb, 500g plus others with OS Win10 64 bit

This is going to be a sweet module!

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

• 1 month later...

Not being very original here, but:

Shut up and take my money :)))

• Like 1

My controls & seat

Main controls: , BRD-N v4 Flightstick (Kreml C5 controller), TM Warthog Throttle (Kreml F3 controller), BRD-F2 Restyling Bf-109 Pedals w. damper, TrackIR5, Gametrix KW-908 (integrated into RAV4 seat)

Stick grips:

Thrustmaster Warthog

Thrustmaster Cougar (x2)

Thrustmaster F-16 FLCS

BRD KG13

Standby controls:

BRD-M2 Mi-8 Pedals (Ruddermaster controller)

BRD-N v3 Flightstick w. exch. grip upgrade (Kreml C5 controller)

Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle

Pilot seat

• 2 months later...