Message pop up trigger conditions issue.

NoFear1979

So simply I want a message to pop up as soon as a group of infantry units are embarked inside a helicopter and no longer inside the actual trigger zone.

Ive tried using the conditions group out of zone as well as unit out of zone but no message pops up.

Are those conditions broken or am I missing out on something (yes i've had the theory that they are still inside the zone even when embarked - but when flying out of the zone still nothing happens...)

PC: Good enough for running DCS flawlessly on high end settings :thumbup:

Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas

Slaw Device Rudder Pedals

Trackhat Headtracker

AFAIK, infantry units don't actually "embark", they are simply removed from the map, giving the impression of embarking.

When it's time to "disembark", what actually happens is that new units are spawned (which are copies of the previously removed units).

Your problem might simply be that those infantry units don't exist anymore after "embarking" (aka being removed from the map), so DCS scripting engine can't find them (zone check can't be done), therefore, no messages are sent.

If I were you, I'd create a tiny moving zone based on the helicopter and count the number of units within it during the "embarking" process. The moment that count returns 0, it must mean that all infantry units have "embarked".

That way you won't be looking for units that no longer exist, so the messages should trigger correctly.

Might need to use a script in order to do that.

PS. I might be wrong about all this. :D

Edited by Hardcard

AFAIK, infantry units don't actually "embark", they are simply removed from the map, giving the impression of embarking.

When it's time to "disembark", what actually happens is that new units are spawned (which are copies of the previously removed units).

Your problem might simply be that those infantry units don't exist anymore after "embarking" (aka being removed from the map), so DCS scripting engine can't find them (zone check can't be done), therefore, no messages are sent.

If I were you, I'd create a tiny moving zone based on the helicopter and count the number of units within it during the "embarking" process. The moment that count returns 0, it must mean that all infantry units have "embarked".

That way you won't be looking for units that no longer exist, so the messages should trigger correctly.

Might need to use a script in order to do that.

PS. I might be wrong about all this. :D

Hello Hardcard!

Thanx for your input, I see your idea there. I will try this. What I am trying to achieve with this is a message to pop up to inform the pilot everyone is loaded up and good to go.

Easier said than done I guess but worth a try. Thanx again :thumbup:

PC: Good enough for running DCS flawlessly on high end settings :thumbup:

Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas

Slaw Device Rudder Pedals

Trackhat Headtracker