Ed fix the Cockpit Lights asap please

derbynew

Since you offered the 4 helicopter special, people are confused to know when auto pilot is engaged because the cockpit graphics are terrible.

Guys, this is unacceptable, you cannot sell a product with such a bad cockpit bug.

New users are not expected to be able to edit the graphics either.

So please get this fixed asap or don't sell the ka-50 unless the cockpit graphic are fixed.

Seriously, what are you guys thinking including it in the eshop special?

Lastly, when is the cockpit going to be fixed?

Why don't you at least put a Temporary fix on the AP buttons and weapon system buttons? It takes me 1 hour to fix them using gimp.

Surely you can get someone to put a temp fix,.

I'm not going to help new users with this issue anymore, I'm. Not your free technical support.

Patience has run out.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Romiko Derbynew

---------------------------------------------------------------

Intel® Core i5-9600K CPU @ 4.8GHz

Corsair Vengeance XMP 32GB - CMW32GX4M4C3000C15

MSI NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 Gamzing Z 8GB

MSI Z390 Gaming Edge AC Motherboard

NZXT H500 Case

EVGA 650W P2 Power Supply

NH U12S CPU Cooler - 2 fans

2 Inlet fans - Noctua

2 outlet fans - Noctua

True its a shame that you are selling a broken product and want money. If I knew that in the KA-50 are some many bugs I would never buy it and wait till it will be fixed. SHAME - SHAME !

Please name me all the many bugs you have found that makes this module broken.

''Greed is a bottomless pit which exhausts the person in an endless effort to satisfy the need without ever reaching satisfaction.''

Erich Fromm

For the time being until the update and lighting fix comes.

I have to thank PeaceSells for providing a solution to some issues with these files:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3617544&postcount=6

For anyone that uses another mod like Ricardo's HD cockpit textures, the files from PeaceSells can be integrated. To do so you need to copy and rename the files from PeaceSells in Ric's mod corresponding to the filenames used by Ricardo. The only file you don't overwrite is the ".lua" textfile.

Sorry maybe this is no the place but does the iff in BS works? Few days ago I made some friendly fire with M2000c but it showed me the enemies on my radar.

Wysłane z mojego SM-G935F przy użyciu Tapatalka

PC: i7 13700k, 64GB RAM 3200MHz DDR4, RTX 4090, VR: Quest 3.

VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Grip, VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle, crosswinds rudder pedals, VPC panel CP3, WinWing PTO2

BS does not have radar and neither an RWR. I assume you're using game mode, and I can't help.

It could be better to open a new thread to have proper "in topic" subject and better visibility for other users ;).

ChromiumDis.png

Author of DSMC, mod to enable scenario persistency and save updated miz file

Stable version & site: https://dsmcfordcs.wordpress.com/

Openbeta: https://github.com/Chromium18/DSMC

The thing is, helicopters are different from planes. An airplane by it's nature wants to fly, and if not interfered with too strongly by unusual events or by a deliberately incompetent pilot, it will fly. A helicopter does not want to fly. It is maintained in the air by a variety of forces in opposition to each other, and if there is any disturbance in this delicate balance the helicopter stops flying; immediately and disastrously.

I think he's saying that he was flying the M2000 and shot down a friendly Ka-50 because it didn't IFF as friendly.

Sad, I was dreaming about a KA50 shooting down a M2000 even in easy mode XD

ChromiumDis.png

The thing is, helicopters are different from planes. An airplane by it's nature wants to fly, and if not interfered with too strongly by unusual events or by a deliberately incompetent pilot, it will fly. A helicopter does not want to fly. It is maintained in the air by a variety of forces in opposition to each other, and if there is any disturbance in this delicate balance the helicopter stops flying; immediately and disastrously.

I think he's saying that he was flying the M2000 and shot down a friendly Ka-50 because it didn't IFF as friendly.

Yes. The question is does the KA-50 have IFF working. If not it is another serious problem with this copter.

Wysłane z mojego SM-G935F przy użyciu Tapatalka

PC: i7 13700k, 64GB RAM 3200MHz DDR4, RTX 4090, VR: Quest 3.

VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Grip, VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle, crosswinds rudder pedals, VPC panel CP3, WinWing PTO2

That would be a M2000 issue then. IFF transponders are not modelled in any module so far, instead IFF completely is up to the implementation of the IFF requestor side.

Please name me all the many bugs you have found that makes this module broken.

Well how about AI of your wingman, when you say to attack from the far with vikhrs but instead it flies straight to the enemy and get killed by a machingun or rockets.

Playing multiplayer with real people is not a solution.

+ 1..

And I add that DCS is not only the Hornet and also all the other modules like the Ka-50 but not only must have the right consideration, it is not acceptable that bugs like this that limits the usability of the helicopter are still present and not correct.

:thumbup:

No, since cockpit isn't fixed you have pretty bad time with night illumination, NVG usage. Then cockpit buttons, then sometimes DL issues, AI wingman issue also but that may be a common DCS problem. When you start in a FARP at early morning it's crazy.

You can fly with it, but it's a mess and require user attention: cockpit mods, monitor set up for night flight, and so on... at least on my side.

ChromiumDis.png

The thing is, helicopters are different from planes. An airplane by it's nature wants to fly, and if not interfered with too strongly by unusual events or by a deliberately incompetent pilot, it will fly. A helicopter does not want to fly. It is maintained in the air by a variety of forces in opposition to each other, and if there is any disturbance in this delicate balance the helicopter stops flying; immediately and disastrously..

your sig is so true !

You could be missing a dozen bolts in an airplane and make it home. I am not so sure with the helicopter in this regard.

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

your sig is so true !

You could be missing a dozen bolts in an airplane and make it home. I am not so sure with the helicopter in this regard.

not truly mine, it's from someone else if you google it ;)

ChromiumDis.png

• 4 weeks later...

So far the only problem I found with the BS2 module is the already mentioned AP lights working on reverse (lighted when off, dark when on) and that the nav system buttons also don't work properly if you use the english cockpit (for some reason they work properly with the russian one)

It was a real pain in the arse to learn the helicopter first because I thought the AP was on and the helo was woobling like crazy while with the dampening channels "off" it flew like a dream.

Now that I already know how to use it properly, and I'm learning how to get all the juice from the ABRIS and the Nav system, it is a beast. I'm loving it to bits.

Looking forward to the cockpit textures rework for the BS and the Hog as well!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

So far the only problem I found with the BS2 module is the already mentioned AP lights working on reverse (lighted when off, dark when on) and that the nav system buttons also don't work properly if you use the english cockpit (for some reason they work properly with the russian one)

It was a real pain in the arse to learn the helicopter first because I thought the AP was on and the helo was woobling like crazy while with the dampening channels "off" it flew like a dream.

Now that I already know how to use it properly, and I'm learning how to get all the juice from the ABRIS and the Nav system, it is a beast. I'm loving it to bits.

Looking forward to the cockpit textures rework for the BS and the Hog as well!

It's not only the AP buttons, weapon buttons are close to impossible to see if they lit or not, datalink is the same and almost unusable in hot situation, instead you have a mod, which is not a fix by ED, you can't really see if anything in cockpit is lit or not. Try fly at night, cockpit illumination is not working at all you can't see shit. Anticollision light going trough the cockpit is also very annoying bug and it is there forever. Not to say the 3d model details and textures are not on par with the modules even from 2014 let aside from the new ones but the price is still 50 bucks.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]