2021 (and earlier) DCS Newsletter Discussion Thread

NineLine

Still no ETA!

End of May, as it says in the Newsletter:music_whistling:

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

I know, it will be End of May for the EA - still this is not a good communication style!

(I follow the Newsletter in the last years - but there are enough new player out (in particular with the release of 2.5), they will ask the same question!

Also a set like "it will be first in the OpenBETA" - should be add to the newsletter!

So is it correct to say, we will see both, the EA of the F/A-18C and of Persian Gulf Map End of May (but not in any particular order)?

Playing: F-16C

Intel i7-13700KF, 64GB DDR5 @5600MHz, RTX 4080 ZOTAC Trinity, WIN 11 64Bit Prof.

Squadron "Serious Uglies" / Discord-Server: https://discord.gg/2WccwBh

Ghost0815

You get no precise info because even ED don’t know at this stage of development. Are they going to hit snags that delay the programme? Will there be any severe bugs encountered?

As for whether it comes out in release or beta - expect beta for at least a week before it is migrated into a release branch t allow final testing in open beta. It is what mostly happens.

It just isn’t possible to be exact. Any delays meet with derision from the client base if they try. It is what it is, so you’ll just have to accept it. Sorry, but given that you’ve been around long enough to become a senior member, you must know that.

well done GA. Dammit.... It's done. $100 USD.. pre purchased the hornet and the Persian gulf map. Bring it. lol

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

As you say, i am around here long enough to know that a new DLC has not a precision date for EA or release - but as i say before, we have enough new player, which don't know this practice!

Look at the News about DCS: F/A-18C Hornet - we will have EA: 'End of Spring' - or long time ago for the F-5:

The pre-purchase provides both a 20% discount off the retail price and access to the Early Access coming in July-August 2016.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2783893&postcount=28

but these information are not given for the Persian Gulf Map! Only

Pre-Purchase the Persian Gulf Map now for $39.99 and save 20%! The price will increase to $49.99 at the end of May 2018.

And this is, in my view, a lack of information!

I just want to avoid any shitstorm here or in any other forums about the access to the EA.

Same with OpenBETA access for the map first! I know it, but not everyone will know it!

Intel i7-13700KF, 64GB DDR5 @5600MHz, RTX 4080 ZOTAC Trinity, WIN 11 64Bit Prof.

Ghost0815

Just say May 31st for Open Beta and go from there.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Actually, the newsletter only says that the discount is valid until the end of May, it is not explicitly said that the early access coincides with this date.

I think it should be explicitly mentioned as it is always the case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Actually, the newsletter only says that the discount is valid until the end of May, it is not explicitly said that the early access coincides with this date.

I guess it's safe to ASSUME that EA will be at that date, but we know that bold word can cause a lot of trouble. Maybe some hard dates of what they will be attempting to deliver may resolve the potential confusion. Then again ED does not like to give dates anymore so I guess we're stuck with assumptions. :D

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

Whilst I agree in general - you just accused Heatblur of not keeping a promise (which they never gave!) for not keeping a deadline (before(!) the deadline was over) [1].

And now you wonder why devs don't explicitly specify a date... IMHO, people like you are a big part of that problem.

A warrior's mission is to foster the success of others.

i9-12900K | MSI RTX 3080Ti Suprim X | 128 GB Ram 3200 MHz DDR-4 | MSI MPG Edge Z690 | Samung EVO 980 Pro SSD | Virpil Stick, Throttle and Collective | MFG Crosswind | HP Reverb G2

RAT - On the Range - Rescue Helo - Recovery Tanker - Warehouse - Airboss

DCS Newsletter Discussion Thread

Whilst I agree in general - you just accused Heatblur of not keeping a promise (which they never gave!) for not keeping a deadline (before(!) the deadline was over) [1].

And now you wonder why devs don't explicitly specify a date... IMHO, people like you are a big part of that problem.

I’m afraid you failed. I don’t ask them to promise or a specify a date. Because they already did.

I’m just saying they aren’t clear in this newsletter. On Facebook they confirmed that they meant early access is by end of May.

Try again.

ea57fd2250973e57d4e42b8f410dae06.jpg

If I were you, I would delete my post

Edited by TomCatMucDe

I’m afraid you failed. I don’t ask them to promise or a specify a date. Because they already did.

I was referring to your false and out of place accusation against Heatblur. My statement still stands (and what you are citing has no relevance to my post).

But judging from what you answered, I don't expect there is much I can do to prevent you from demanding explicit dates just to complain in case they were not met (or even before).

The sad thing is that you might be spoiling the party for the rest of us...

i9-12900K | MSI RTX 3080Ti Suprim X | 128 GB Ram 3200 MHz DDR-4 | MSI MPG Edge Z690 | Samung EVO 980 Pro SSD | Virpil Stick, Throttle and Collective | MFG Crosswind | HP Reverb G2

DCS Newsletter Discussion Thread

I was referring to your false and out of place accusation against Heatblur. My statement still stands (and what you are citing has no relevance to my post).

But judging from what you answered, I don't expect there is much I can do to prevent you from demanding explicit dates just to complain in case they were not met (or even before).

The sad thing is that you might be spoiling the party for the rest of us...

You are making it worse for yourself. I didn’t demand explicit date because they gave it on Facebook. They meant something that wasn’t clear in their newsletter. This newsletter may confuse some people and should be clearer.

Out of the blue you refer to my post about Heatblur? Alright, I didn’t not accuse Heatblur of anything. They indeed miss the deadline they set for themselves. They posted the updated a few hours later, which is totally fine for me.

Really, don’t make it worse for yourself... it’s painful for you.

You are making it worse for yourself. I didn’t demand explicit date because they gave it on Facebook. They meant something that wasn’t clear in their newsletter. This newsletter may confuse some people and should be clearer.

Out of the blue you refer to my post about Heatblur? Alright, I didn’t not accuse Heatblur of anything. They indeed miss the deadline they set for themselves. They posted the updated a few hours later, which is totally fine for me.

Really, don’t make it worse for yourself... it’s painful for you.

I perfectly understand that you don't understand what I'm saying.

Hoping for release 2.5.1 today. Damn memory issues. I can't fly with my club for weeks now. cause connexion/memory issues. I hope... :D

New system:I9-9900KS, Kingston 128 GB DDR4 3200Mhz, MSI RTX 4090, Corsair H150 Pro RGB, 2xSamsung 970 EVO 2Tb, 2xsamsung 970 EVO 1 TB, Scandisk m2 500 MB, 2 x Crucial 1 Tb, T16000M HOTAS, HP Reverb Professional 2, Corsair 750 Watt.

Old system:I7-4770K(OC 4.5Ghz), Kingston 24 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz,MSI RTX 2080(OC 2070 Mhz), 2 * 500 GB SSD, 3,5 TB HDD, 55' Samsung 3d tv, Trackir 5, Logitech HD Cam, T16000M HOTAS. All DCS modules, maps and campaigns:pilotfly:

Stick m up ED! Hand over update 2.5.1 TODAY! :D

New system:I9-9900KS, Kingston 128 GB DDR4 3200Mhz, MSI RTX 4090, Corsair H150 Pro RGB, 2xSamsung 970 EVO 2Tb, 2xsamsung 970 EVO 1 TB, Scandisk m2 500 MB, 2 x Crucial 1 Tb, T16000M HOTAS, HP Reverb Professional 2, Corsair 750 Watt.

Old system:I7-4770K(OC 4.5Ghz), Kingston 24 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz,MSI RTX 2080(OC 2070 Mhz), 2 * 500 GB SSD, 3,5 TB HDD, 55' Samsung 3d tv, Trackir 5, Logitech HD Cam, T16000M HOTAS. All DCS modules, maps and campaigns:pilotfly:

Maybe the will try to surprise us anyway...:music_whistling:

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

Stick m up ED! Hand over update 2.5.1 TODAY! :D
Is there somthing i missed about a release or update to 2.5.1?

The only thing i find is maybe an update next week, but i cant find somting from 2.5.0 to 2.5.1.

And i am curious :D

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-J510FN met Tapatalk

Everytime a new DLC is released, the version number change, so 2.5.1 could be DCS: F/A-18C or DCS: Persian Gulf. But both DLC a scheduled for End of MAY or SPRING!

Also with the internet problems in Russia at the moment, the update traffic will be small - take a look in the Notices.

Ghost0815