Twitch2DCS - Simple twitch chat UI inside DCS

Seeing as I feel I've waited long enough for an update, development seems all but stopped. Therefore I updated this myself.

-Intrusive window transparency is fixed

-Special options page slightly updated and organized

-Clicking under window is soft-fixed until entire window UI creation is re-coded to support multiple modes. As a result, the window had to be locked in place to the top left. See below.

Upgrade installation:

Remove all files of 1.0.3 from Saved Games/DCS and replace with 1.1.

You can then either delete options.lua under Saved Games/Config which will reset all DCS base settings (not bindings),

OR open the options.lua and make sure X and Y for position of Twitch2DCS are both set to 0.

ljwgSpV.jpg

Next, enter your Twitch information to the Special options page. Yes, it will throw an error (same error with 1.0.3). Just restart DCS and it should work just fine.

Happy chatting.

I just downloaded and installed. Worked Perfectly. Thank you so much for the update. And thanks to Jabbers for his work as well. Happy Flying.

Chase.

Seeing as I feel I've waited long enough for an update, development seems all but stopped. Therefore I updated this myself.

-Intrusive window transparency is fixed

-Special options page slightly updated and organized

-Clicking under window is soft-fixed until entire window UI creation is re-coded to support multiple modes. As a result, the window had to be locked in place to the top left. See below.

Upgrade installation:

Remove all files of 1.0.3 from Saved Games/DCS and replace with 1.1.

You can then either delete options.lua under Saved Games/Config which will reset all DCS base settings (not bindings),

OR open the options.lua and make sure X and Y for position of Twitch2DCS are both set to 0.

ljwgSpV.jpg

Next, enter your Twitch information to the Special options page. Yes, it will throw an error (same error with 1.0.3). Just restart DCS and it should work just fine.

Happy chatting.

Rad can you submit a pull request on Git and I’m will pull it in? Dev stopped for me cause I don’t stream in VR, but happy to keep the repo up to date

Twitch2DCS - Bring twitch chat into DCS.

SplashOneGaming.com - Splash One is a community built on combat flight simulation. S1G Discord

twitch / youtube / facebook / twitter / discord

What is wrong with the mouse clicking? First ive heard... I removed modes on purpose, since there was no reason for me to move it around ever once i had it where i wanted it. Instead you move it where you want and then lock it in the config... then the mouse wouldnt interact with it after that.

Is there some new bug with this or just a misunderstanding?

SplashOneGaming.com - Splash One is a community built on combat flight simulation. S1G Discord

I haven’t experienced any issues beyond Twitch chat not connecting. Beyond that, the plugin has functioned great on my end.

Twitch Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Z390 Aorus Xtreme, i9 9900k, G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB, 1080ti 11GB, Obutto R3Volution, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, TPR, Cougar MFDs, FSSB R3L, JetSeat, Oculus Rift S, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, F/A-18C UFC, Tek Creations F-16 ICP

I actually realized this upon updating. In the code, with Lock UI button disabled, the window itself is acting as Write mode, but you disabled the functionality of Write mode and ability to type within the window. Enabling Lock UI simply "disables" cursor input which then allows for clicking under the window. Therefore, I chose to just enforce a locked window until either I or someone else updates the rest and re-enables the ability to write. I consider it as a bug/issue because the window dialog box of SRS radio, when in non-transparent mode, allows clicking under the window box and this mod does not.

Personally I've never touched the Lock UI button until last week because I enjoyed being able to move it on-the-fly just like SRS, and when in VR pre-2.5.3(?) I always had to move the chat box up outside the DCS base window.

I'm considering editing the Special options page again to include next to Lock UI that enabling and disabling allows and disallows clicking under the window.

I see well I’m more then happy to add your changes to the repo to keep it all centralized if you make a PR and as long as it doesn’t remove existing functionality (meaning adds options to enable disable new functionality)

• 2 weeks later...

Updated the repo to reflect the changes Tailhook made but it is backward compatible, no need to uninstall the previous version. BIG HUGE THANK YOU to Tailhook!

https://github.com/jeffboulanger/twitch2dcs/releases/tag/v1.1.0-beta

• 3 months later...

Did anyone else get an error after loading into sim in the last few days? Looks like a simple restart fixed it for me.

Twitch keeps pushing chat window upgrades over the last couple months and I'm waiting for them to fully break this mod.

Intel i9-13900K : ASUS TUF RTX 4080 : 32GB G.Skill RipjawsV 4000 : TM HOTAS Warthog : HP Reverb G2

No errors but still having issues with it timing out with no idea why.

Twitch Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Z390 Aorus Xtreme, i9 9900k, G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB, 1080ti 11GB, Obutto R3Volution, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, TPR, Cougar MFDs, FSSB R3L, JetSeat, Oculus Rift S, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, F/A-18C UFC, Tek Creations F-16 ICP

No errors but still having issues with it timing out with no idea why.

Make sure everything is overwritten and no duplicate files. Remove the TwitchDCS section in Config/options.lua and reload sim and re-enter your Twitch name/oauth then restart sim. If still issues, I can take a look at it for you.

Intel i9-13900K : ASUS TUF RTX 4080 : 32GB G.Skill RipjawsV 4000 : TM HOTAS Warthog : HP Reverb G2

I’ll give that a go. I suspect that it may be a conflict with one of the other 4-5 things in the export.lua that I run. Probably should clean that up a little, as some of those toys aren’t used to the fullest anymore e.g. cdu export for iOS, raygun as its not compatible with the hornet, etc.

Twitch Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 3 months later...
Looks like you installed it to the main sim directory, not under savedgames. Running a repair/cleanup should clear it up.

I am pretty sure I didn't... and have run the repair/cleanup several times. Although one more time wouldn't hurt, I guess.

Later with the results.

....aaaand it didn't work.

Still getting the same error.

EDIT: I missed deleting two files which were not in the

..\Saved Games\DCS\Scripts\Twitch2DCS\

folder,

but lived in the

..\Saved Games\DCS\Scripts\ 

and

..\Saved Games\DCS\Scripts\Hooks\

folders

(Twitch2DCS.lua and Twitch2DCS-boostrapper.lua, respectively). With those deleted we're back to normal.

Edited by SPAS79

• 2 months later...

I figured this thread would be my best bet to get an answer, since most anyone reading this probably streams DCS in VR. I just switched from Oculus to Pimax. Oculus had a mirror window that i could use OBS with. Pimax does not, is there a tool available that would stream the VR picture but full screen without all the bending? I don't see a SteamVr Mirror setting or anything the like. This is the only VR game I stream in VR with.

Thanks for any advice,

Dave

I assume that with the pimax you’re using SteamVR. Look into OpenVR, it is a plug-in for OBS.

Twitch Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

SteamVR has it's own mirror (OpenVR built-in) and it's better than Oculus mirror, you don't need a plugin. Just open the mirror (Display VR View) already provided in SteamVR and add it as source. You _might_ need Windows Mixed Reality plugin for SteamVR to capture DCS though. I don't use OBS but I've tried it in Xsplit. I also suggest uninstalling Oculus to avoid other problems if you haven't already.

Edited by Tailhook

SteamVR has it's own mirror (OpenVR built-in) and it's better than Oculus mirror, you don't need a plugin. Just open the mirror (Display VR View) already provided in SteamVR and add it as source. You _might_ need Windows Mixed Reality plugin for SteamVR to capture DCS though. I don't use OBS but I've tried it in Xsplit. I also suggest uninstalling Oculus to avoid other problems if you haven't already.

This is great news. Thank you!

Dave.

• 4 months later...

Trying to get this working on 2.5.6.49718 (never tried it previously) and I'm hitting warnings when I open DCS,

2020-05-26 19:58:20.629 INFO LuaNET: Twitch2DCS failed to start - [string "./Scripts/twitch\utils.lua"]:177: bad argument #1 to 'pairs' (table expected, got nil)

Tracking back up the log, there's a couple of interesting lines,

2020-05-26 19:58:00.757 ERROR SECURITYCONTROL: Failed to parse manifest: mods/tech/twitch/dcs_manifest.x86_64

and later,

2020-05-26 19:58:04.530 INFO Scripting: plugin: SKIPPED 'Twitch2DCS by Jabbers_': not authorized

Any ideas? tried removing options.lua but to no avail