[DCS Bf109K4] Immersive Daimler Benz Soundmod

Immersive Daimler Benz [iDB] Soundmod

IDB.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/embed/vVrkQWbNa3M

The mod project IDB is a personal sound mod created for DCS World 1.2 and higher that enhences the accustics of the Bf109K-4 module.

Started about a year ago as a small personal mod only it growed steadily and after a long break closed in to it's first public release.

This mod incorporates authentic sound recordings ripped from original footage as well as modified bits of original Eagle Dynamics sounds.

List of content:

- 57 custom sound files

- 61 rewritten sound config files

- roughtly 40 workhours of sound creating, tweaking, testing and coding

v.1.0 feautures the base mod with all main content included. The mod content might be expanded and improved in future updates.

Downloads:

[update] V.2.0:

Official ED userfiles: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/2113720/

[Outdated] V.1.1:

Mediafire http://www.mediafire.com/download/cpd5w6284ixx6n3/DCS_Bf-109K4_IDB_v.1.1.rar

Official ED userfiles: http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/1655598/

[Outdated] V.1.0: http://www.mediafire.com/download/x5p67tdbe9f6p4d/Bf-109K4_IDB_Mod_by_5tuka.rar

PS: A preview video will be added as soon as possibel, had to skip that due to technical issues for now. Sry!

Credits: - JST for the external/internal 30mm gun sound

Hope you enjoy it!

Edited by 5tuka

Creator of the

Immersive Daimler Benz Soundmod

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

great sounds but internal i cannot hear the weapons at all

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]W10(64bit)Asus Rog Strix Z370-F - i7 8700K - Dark Rock Pro 4 - 16 giga ram Corsair vengeance 3000 - MSI RTX 2070 Super - Asus Rog Phobeus soundcard - Z906 Surround speaker - Track ir5 - HOTAS Warthog

thanks, I'm going to check this out! :thumbup:

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

great sounds but internal i cannot hear the weapons at all

This is intendet. I tuned weapons down so you can hear them fine while running at cruise setting and lower whilst at combat or even emergency power the engine noise drownes the weapons.

If you still can't hear weapons at all sth's wrong, pls let me know.

Creator of the

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 3 weeks later...
Am I supposed to hear the inertia starter whine down multiple times when I keep the clutch lever pulled on startup ?

That's unfortunately a thing I can not solve. The default inertia starter sound is a solid noise that gets played repeatendly via a sound script. I'm very eager to get rid of that but I haven't found the said script file yet.

Creator of the

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

[ame=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcGXTTpP_v8]

[/ame]

Finally v.1.1 is ready for public release! I have manage to incooperate a good ammount of improvements and some new feautures over 1.0. There's still some more work to do until I'm fully satisfied with it though.

Download:

Mediafire: http://www.mediafire.com/download/cpd5w6284ixx6n3/DCS_Bf-109K4_IDB_v.1.1.rar

Official ED userfiles: http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/1655598/

Installation: Extract and place the 'Bf-109K4 IDB Mod' folder into your DCS World\Mods directory. If you have v.1.0 installed be sure to replace all old files.

List of feautures:

- improved cockpit engine sounds for high and boost revs (added some light "rattleing" sound)

- enhenced internal wind noise (new samples, should be more noticeably now)

- increased volume of extrnal closeup flyby sounds for high speed passes

- improved gun sounds for MG131 (internal) (added mechanical rattleing sound)

Known issues: - inertia starter sample being played multiple times in row during starup (difficult to fix, but I'm on it)

This mod was developed for DCS 1.2 and 1.5. Full compatebility with DCS 2.0 can not be guranteed.

Hope you enjoy it!

Edited by 5tuka

Creator of the

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

sounding real good there buddy! I appreciate your efforts!

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

Thx guys, glad you enjoy it.

As I said unfortunately I can't promise anything regarding the starter sound. It's certainly one of the 109's coolest feautures and trust me, it's as much of a bummer to me as to you.

Btw, if anybody notices an issue with the mod on the new DCS 1.52 public release client pls report back to me. I made a quick test only and noticed changes in the overall exteriour sound volume for unknown reasons.

Creator of the

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi 5tuka,

Silly question I guess, but can't you use the original starter sound from DCS?

The thing with the default starter sound is that it's sample is just a steady roring sound which is triggered to be played multiple times and with decreasing pitch by engine code. Of course this is not as authentic as taking an original sample as I did and it also prevents easy implementation of a normal, single action sound sample.

I have basicly 2 options to solve this, 1. by sticking to my starter sound and experiment with the sample's sdef code further (or be lucky to find the engine code that triggers the starter sound) or 2. by adopting to the trigger system and creating a new, better than default sound sample.

Both take a lot of time and don't gurantee sucess. I've tried all bunch of commands for the sound code already but it just doesn't work out how I want it.

If you want to go back to the default starter sound I can post instructions how to do it. I will not do that for the mod as I don't like the default sound.

Creator of the

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Stuka,

Is there an easy way for me to tone down the loudness of the wind noise at higher speeds a tad?

Thanks for your awesome work!

Mud

Edit: Nvm, I found it :)

Edited by Mud
Spoiler

W10-x64 | Z390 Gigabyte Aorus Ultra | Core i7 9700K @ 4.8Ghz | Noctua NH-D15

Corsair 32Gb 3200 | MSI RTX 3080ti Gaming X

Asus Xonar AE | TM Hotas Warthog

MFG Crosswind pedals | Valve Index

• 4 months later...

Not asking for an update, but genuinely curious on how your exams went. :)

Spoiler

W10-x64 | Z390 Gigabyte Aorus Ultra | Core i7 9700K @ 4.8Ghz | Noctua NH-D15

Corsair 32Gb 3200 | MSI RTX 3080ti Gaming X

Asus Xonar AE | TM Hotas Warthog

MFG Crosswind pedals | Valve Index

It's fine for now but my spare time is still limited. Due to the break I had to make I ended up going over everything, making many more tweaks to it and screwing a few things up that now require fixing.

Be sure it's not droped, just moving in slow pace since I want to make this as good as I can with the time I've got availabel.

Creator of the

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 5 weeks later...