G940 centering

Ok, so the g940 joystick is not really working - it doesn't center. It's completely without any feedback or centering force so it just falls with gravity.

Am I doing something wrong? Is there a centering spring missing? :helpsmilie:

I bought it YEARS ago, but I have not used it for a long time. I think the main problem was because of this - I thought I broke it or something.

The force feedback and centering spring box is checked in the options, but nothing happens.

Edited by Cunning_Fox

I assume you have plugged it into it's power adapter (no FFB without the power adapter) and installed the software, right? Sorry, just making sure. Also, are you gripping it fully by the handle? There is a light sensor on the side of the stick that is covered up when you grasp the stick, but if you let the stick go (uncover the sensor), then the stick will turn off the FFB motors for safety - hence the stick will just flop over.

What version of the software are you running, and what Windows OS?

Also, if you go into the Windows Game Controllers dialog and double click on the G940 Joystick it should bring up the dialog that shows all the stick's controls. Do they all work (all buttons and axis). On the "test" screen, when you push any button, it should cause the FFB motors to do something to the stick.

Yes, it could just be that something failed on it, but you should go through the basics (check software, reinstall the drivers, etc.) to make sure it isn't a software issue. If not, click on settings and make sure Enable Force Feedback is checked. This dialog is similar to the check boxes in the main programming software (Logitech Profiler), but sometimes I have seen minor differences in the Windows dialog vs. the Logitech software.

Or maybe this is where you already checked the FFB is enabled. If so, did you also check what the settings in the Logitech Profiler say?

Sorry, probably not very helpful as I assume you checked all this.

G940 centering

I assume you have plugged it into it's power adapter (no FFB without the power adapter) and installed the software, right? Sorry, just making sure. Also, are you gripping it fully by the handle? There is a light sensor on the side of the stick that is covered up when you grasp the stick, but if you let the stick go (uncover the sensor), then the stick will turn off the FFB motors for safety - hence the stick will just flop over.

What version of the software are you running, and what Windows OS?

Also, if you go into the Windows Game Controllers dialog and double click on the G940 Joystick it should bring up the dialog that shows all the stick's controls. Do they all work (all buttons and axis). On the "test" screen, when you push any button, it should cause the FFB motors to do something to the stick.

Yes, it could just be that something failed on it, but you should go through the basics (check software, reinstall the drivers, etc.) to make sure it isn't a software issue. If not, click on settings and make sure Enable Force Feedback is checked. This dialog is similar to the check boxes in the main programming software (Logitech Profiler), but sometimes I have seen minor differences in the Windows dialog vs. the Logitech software.

Or maybe this is where you already checked the FFB is enabled. If so, did you also check what the settings in the Logitech Profiler say?

Sorry, probably not very helpful as I assume you checked all this.

No it is helpful, since it turns out the power cord for the joystick itself does not work.

Any idea where one could get a spare?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, that'll do it. :(

First, wiggle the AC power cord that attaches to the power brick to make sure it isn't a loose connection. If you have a multi-meter, check the output of the connector that goes to the G940. It should be about 24 volts DC.

For a replacement, search eBay for "Logitech G940" and there are usually several people selling compatible power supplies. Make sure it is a 24 VDC 1.75 A output, or what ever matches the power supply you have now, and scrutinize the listing for details about why how or why they guarantee that it works for the G940. Seems these power supplies fit several Logitech devices, so they are very common on eBay. But its eBay, so read the listing carefully.

Alternatively, if you have any other 24VDC power supplies with 1.75A or better output, try it. Maybe the connector will fit. Or at minimum, you can at least prove that it is the power supply and not the stick before you buy a new one.

Any idea where one could get a spare?

If you have a racing wheel or something similar, that will work. It doesn't need to specifically be for the G940. I use one from a Logitech Driving Force GT.

Thermaltake Core P90 Tempered Glass//Thermaltake iRGB Plus 1200W//GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS MASTER LGA 1151//i9-9900K//Thermaltake CL420 Copper Radiator//Thermaltake W4 Plus//Thermaltake 140mm Radiator Fan Triple Pack//Samsung 1TB 970 EVO NVMe M2//SAMSUNG 970 EVO M.2 500GB //CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 64GB 3200//GIGABYTE AORUS GeForce RTX 2080 TI//Logitech G940//Virpil MT50 Throttle//MFG Crosswind rudder pedals//Geko GSeat//Gametrix Jetseat//Htc Vive//Pimax 5k+//Viril VFX//Razer Nari Ultimate

If you have a racing wheel or something similar, that will work. It doesn't need to specifically be for the G940. I use one from a Logitech Driving Force GT.

I don’t have anything except my X-55 and this.

I don’t speak adapter. Halp!

To summarize, there are 3 things you need to make sure for the adapter.

1. The connector fits the G940

2. It is a 24 volts DC output (120VAC or 240VAC input depending on your country of course)

3. It is 1.75 amps or more.

Here are a couple suggestions - the two listed below are actual Logitech power supplies. After looking at several cheaper options, I disqualified all of them because none of them would list the output as anything other than "DC". So I would just suggest buying one of the following, or look for someone selling these exact same parts on eBay in your country if you don't live in the USA.

This one is an actual Logitech part for the Logitech G940 and various racing wheels.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Logitech-G25-G27-G29-G920-G940-Model-AD10110LF-P-N-534-00688-Power-Adapter-New/273185573820

Another Logitech Power Supply - same part as above.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/GENUINE-LOGITECH-G25-G27-G29-G920-G940-AD10110LF-PN-534-00688-24V-1-75A-ADAPTER/263312394285

Alternatively. you can probably find something that will work if you have a surplus electronics store in your area. Take your G940 to the store and look for 24VDC (1.75A or higher) AC adapters, and try the cable on your G940. If the cable fits, you're done - buy it and go home. Or go to a regular retail electronics store and tell them this information (if Radio Shack was still around, that would be ideal), and you should find what you need.

I hope this helps.

To summarize, there are 3 things you need to make sure for the adapter.

1. The connector fits the G940

2. It is a 24 volts DC output (120VAC or 240VAC input depending on your country of course)

3. It is 1.75 amps or more.

Here are a couple suggestions - the two listed below are actual Logitech power supplies. After looking at several cheaper options, I disqualified all of them because none of them would list the output as anything other than "DC". So I would just suggest buying one of the following, or look for someone selling these exact same parts on eBay in your country if you don't live in the USA.

This one is an actual Logitech part for the Logitech G940 and various racing wheels.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Logitech-G25-G27-G29-G920-G940-Model-AD10110LF-P-N-534-00688-Power-Adapter-New/273185573820

Another Logitech Power Supply - same part as above.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/GENUINE-LOGITECH-G25-G27-G29-G920-G940-AD10110LF-PN-534-00688-24V-1-75A-ADAPTER/263312394285

Alternatively. you can probably find something that will work if you have a surplus electronics store in your area. Take your G940 to the store and look for 24VDC (1.75A or higher) AC adapters, and try the cable on your G940. If the cable fits, you're done - buy it and go home. Or go to a regular retail electronics store and tell them this information (if Radio Shack was still around, that would be ideal), and you should find what you need.

I hope this helps.

Thank you for such thorough and extensive reply, extremely helpful information!