What's up with the shiny dirt?

aaron886

I've actually seen this type of thing in the desert, but only in the winter time and only early in the morning when you sometimes get a sheen of frost.

I have a hunch though that that's not what they were going for here...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://www.476vfightergroup.com/content.php

High Quality Aviation Photography For Personal Enjoyment And Editorial Use.

www.crosswindimages.com

I think a lot of these bugs with lighting have to do with the deferred shading. New technology being used so there are a bunch of bugs coming up because of the new lighting.

One example is how the cockpit looked green on Normandy when taxing or flying above the grass.

Not sure if this is related to the issue above but AFAIK deferred shading is responsible for these issues.

I think a lot of these bugs with lighting have to do with the deferred shading. New technology being used so there are a bunch of bugs coming up because of the new lighting.

One example is how the cockpit looked green on Normandy when taxing or flying above the grass.

Not sure if this is related to the issue above but AFAIK deferred shading is responsible for these issues.

Which begs the question...did anyone actually test this internally? All the internal dudes flying this prior to release never saw this stuff? Green fog, messed up lighting, tiling terrain..etc. If so, you would think upon release some list of 'known issues' would have been included or posted to let users know what is already on the radar that needs fixing and is scheduled to be addressed shortly.

Thats the point of an Open Beta.

Let a massive audience of customers experience in thousands of possible combinations ( OS, hardware, graphic configurations, software ) a BETA version to be able to adress all this things that a reduced Beta Testers team cant reproduce themselves.

And is not mandatory to participate in the Open Beta experience. Just wait for the release

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

Thats the point of an Open Beta.

Let a massive audience of customers experience in thousands of possible combinations ( OS, hardware, graphic configurations, software ) a BETA version to be able to adress all this things that a reduced Beta Testers team cant reproduce themselves.

And is not mandatory to participate in the Open Beta experience. Just wait for the release

Oh I get that, just a couple of these you guess woulda been seen in earlier internal passes and caught. I know in time things will be addressed. Sorry, old tester background in me came out..lol :music_whistling:

If you were a beta tester of any software you know how it works.

But keep complaining, this forum is the World Whining Champions League Center.

Edited by Esac_mirmidon
  • Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

If you were a beta tester of any sowftare you know how it works.

But keep complaining, this forum is the World Whinning Champions League Center.

Hmmm. If memory serves, beta testing is about identifying issues. The fact that this one did not get caught earlier does not make it immune from concern by those that are seeing it now.

Not saying that ED should catch every issue but nobody should be shamed for bringing up an obvious issue until it is fixed.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Thats not my point. Users reporting bugs, issues and problems is just what ED and other developers need to improve and fix the simulator. Is something good but, in my oppinion, in a fair and educate way.

When you said " did anyone actually test this internally?" you are beeing so unfair and unkind with the Beta Tester work that makes me post this kind of things.

Think about them, doing constant, repeating tests about hundreds of things with limited time in contrast with over hundred thousands users that can test thousands of items even by mistake.

If we, as users are not able to recognize the Beta Testers work in a propper way, helping them with good reports ( the majority are doing so ) and just complaining and beeing sarcastic and ironic just dont use a Beta version. Thats my point.

Nothing as unfair as making laughs and LOL´s about others work.

Maybe is just me, overreacting.

Maybe is always my fault trying to be fair with others work.

Edited by Esac_mirmidon

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

But keep complaining, this forum is the World Whining Champions League Center.

You must not get out of this place much then. This place wouldn't even make the playoffs compared to some others. Trust me on that. :megalol:

And yeah I know about beta's. I still see a few issues that are very surprising that they were not caught already internally. Again, I am sure in time those will be addressed. You can stand down now soldier.

EDIT:

Esac, I respect your view and what in the above you stated. I can see it through your filter. Again, I do know what it is like to test. I did it day in day out for weeks and months at a time for various titles in my early days. I am not mocking the work done. I pay by choice a fairly large amount of money to be part of the DCS beta program and I enjoy it look forward to continuing to being part of it. So, no matter what in the end I am on the same team and a pro DCS person. I sell to every person I can..trust me on that too. Sorry to rub ya wrong man.

Edited by Torso
  • Like 1

Torso, sorry if i've beeing rude.

Bad night at work, to much effort not recognized at all by Boss.

Im sure you are only trying to let them know about this issue.

Sorry.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Bad night at work, to much effort not recognized at all by Boss.

Im sure you are only trying to let them know about this issue.

Sorry.

No sweat man. I also am known in my in-personal life for my kinda sarcastic/cynical/sardonic..ribbing sense of humor and thought mode so I do not doubt that comes off in the words I type but unfortunately hard to relay that tone in text, so a level of snark in my comments is common occurrence. Works for me in person :smilewink:

Anyways, sorry for the bad night, leave it behind and recharge for the next!

• Like 1

Just to back up Esac_mirmidon:

You've all assumed the internal test teams haven't reported this.

They probably have, but reported is not the same as fixed, as bugs have to be scheduled in to be fixed based on severity as resources and time are not infinite.

/software dev

That said, this is quite a visually obvious one, so I am suprised it's not been fixed before release.

Edited by Buzzles
  • Like 1