Chuck's MiG-15bis Guide

Charly_Owl

Nice work chuck - if you want some simple training miz to bundle with the guide, just let me know

ASUS Tuf Gaming Pro x570 / AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @ 3.8 / XFX Radeon 6900 XT / 64 GB DDR4 3200 

"This was not in the Manual I did not read", cried the Noob" - BMBM, WWIIOL

WOW Chuck you are a real ARTIST !!!!!

Wonderful and incredible manual, I really love it.

A great great thanks for your sharing, it's very kindly from your part +1

great-job-quotes-2.jpg

Thanks again, Skull.

• ED Team
While we wait for the manual of Belsimtek, I thought I would gather my thoughts about what I know so far and write it all down before I forget.

MiG-15bis Guide

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/20586543/DCS%20MiG-15bis%20Guide.pdf

Enjoy!

There are no words! Well done!:thumbup:

After 7-10 days, we will try to release the full English version of the MiG-15bis Flight manual.

Chuck, followed your instructions to a T but couldn't get the tower at Sochi to respond. Is Sochi missing a transmitter still, or is it just me?

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

Maybe he's talking to the ground crew through the open canopy :music_whistling:

canopy here does not affect the ground crew communicaton

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My DCS Mods, Skins, Utilities and Scripts

| Windows 10 | i7-4790K | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | 32GB RAM | 3TB SSD |

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |

Chuck, followed your instructions to a T but couldn't get the tower at Sochi to respond. Is Sochi missing a transmitter still, or is it just me?

You're right, I thought of sending an e-mail to either EvilBivol or Mi8Pilot but I wasn't sure if it was just me or not.

The procedures described are pretty much a carbon copy of what I got from the russian manual. I first had to do a repair to my game in order to have the MiG-15-specific ATC frequencies showing in my mission editor (first mistake) but still, no matter how hard I try to fine-tune it (I even use "K" kneeboard and it shows that I am on the exact frequency for any airfield I'm trying to communicate with) and STILL I cannot communicate with the tower.

I saw mjmorrow being able to do it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p55p7ECfYkU&feature=youtu.be&list=UU7ATezx4GOhIIj9K5kxrDnQ , but I can't. Some people speculated that it was because of Mustang's shader mod, but I'm running vanilla.

Can anybody who figured out how to use the radio first-shot tell me what I forgot or did wrong in the guide?

I tried Sochi, Senaki-Kolkhi and Kobuleti. No joy so far.

mustang's latest mod has fixed the radio issue. everything works ok on my machine.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My DCS Mods, Skins, Utilities and Scripts

| Windows 10 | i7-4790K | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | 32GB RAM | 3TB SSD |

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |

but I'm running vanilla.
I don't think a shader mod can have anything to do with radio comms, so my suggestion is to realize we're in beta still. But if someone cracks this before the patch, please report at DCSHQ at the earliest opportunity ;)
Edited by msalama

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

I don't think a shader mod can have anything to do with radio comms, so my suggestion is to realize we're in beta still. But if someone cracks this before the patch, please report at DCSHQ at the earliest opportunity ;)

It is a "shader mod", but it uses custom terrain.cfg file, which affects radio comms. Mustang updated his mod to make it 1.2.15 compatible, so make sure You use ver. 5.70.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

I have an unmodded game and I had no problems with contacting ATC whatsoever. Just landed at Sochi - ATC worked fine.

Where did you takeoff from? What procedure did you use for setting up the radio (assuming you started from a cold start)?

I can communicate with the ATC if I do a warmed-up takeoff spawn on the runway. My problem is with cold starts.

On this attempt I did an air start just to check if Sochi worked, but previously I mostly did cold starts and things worked for me fine. My start up routine is identical to yours (as you described it in your manual). I typically do a few things differently when I tune the radio, though your routine looks fine as well:

- BST simplifies radio operation a bit by automatically tuning the transmitter and antenna when you tune the receiver as long as the two locking switches are turned off - so if you want to tune everything separately you should use the locks. I did it manually a few times but now I generally don't touch the right panel at all.

- I typically leave the АРК - ПРИЕМ switch in the АРК position to hear both the ADF and receiver.

- I don't use forced mode (I never even tried).

- I use RALT + \ instead of pressing the mic button with my mouse.

So all minor differences really. I don't know what you could be doing wrong in the cold start except for forgetting to throw the radio CB on the right CB panel - which you mention in the manual.

Yeah, I have same problem. If I start quick mission from the ramp start at Batumi or Kobuleti for example, I have no love from ground crew or tower. They don't put wheel chocks, electrical power, nothing. Basically, my crew is worthless.

But, if I use mission editor, I can use Batumi or Kobuleti (haven't tested others yet) if I change value to "Red" for airbase from neutral or blue. Then crew is fine to help. I don't know how to switch quick start mission base to red though so can't help there. Not sure if this is same issue but I wanted to tell in case it helps.

I just did a cold start from Mozdak and was able to talk to the ATC. Got permission to start up and taxi and takeoff. I start the Gen and trim thingy, then get the crew to turn on ground power. Once that is on, I turn on the radio on the right switch panel. Then I turn on the radio and tune it to the right freq, in this case it was 182 wave for Mozdak. Hit the mic button and bravo there he is.